ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon set to open Gateshead logistics centre this year

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon set to open Gateshead logistics centre this year

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.business-live.co.uk/ports-l ... s-20384027

The global logistics giant has also revealed it is opening a smaller delivery centre next to the fulfilment centre

A CGI of the Follingsby Max scheme created by its original developers Highgrove Group (Image: -Newcastle Journal)

Amazon says it is poised to open its latest North East fulfilment centre later this year as work at the Gateshead site ramps up.

The global retailer is poised to launch a recruitment drive for its newest logistics centre at Follingsby Max, which will create more than 1,000 posts once fully operational.

Amazon has also confirmed it is opening a second, smaller site in Gateshead in the form of a ‘last mile’ delivery station, which will also create dozens of jobs.

The news comes more than a year after Business Live revealed how the Amazon had bought the Follingsby Max site from developers Highgrove Group, renaming it NCL1 Limited - which has since been reflected in NCL1 signage outside the construction site.

Amazon’s two sites in Gateshead mean the firm will soon have five North East operations. The Gateshead fulfilment centre joins the 1.5m sqft logistics centre at Symmetry Park near Darlington and the 2m sqft centre at the Integra 61 industrial park just off the A1 near Durham, which opened last year.

The group also has a delivery depot in Washington, near Sunderland, which opened five years ago.

Kerry-Anne Lawlor, country director for Amazon Logistics, said the Gateshead delivery station will create dozens of new jobs, in addition to hundreds of driver opportunities for Amazon Logistics’ delivery service partners and Amazon Flex delivery partners.

Ms Lawlor said the delivery stations power the last mile of its order process and help speed up deliveries for customers.

She added: “We are excited to invest in the Gateshead area with a new delivery station that will provide efficient delivery for customers, and create new jobs for the talented workforce.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."