ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Yodel delivery van submerged in water after driver parks on Devon tidal road

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Yodel delivery van submerged in water after driver parks on Devon tidal road

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... er-7463395

Van taken by the tide at Aveton Gifford tidal road in Kingsbridge, Devon (Image: Vicky Moran)

A mixture of laughter and sympathy has been dolled out to a delivery driver whose van was claimed by the water in Devon. Wild swimmer Vicky Moran wet out to take a dip on Saturday night, August 14, near Kingsbridge when she noticed something floating in the water.

At high tide, Aveton Gifford tidal road is, as the name suggests, completely flooded. Mrs Moran said she headed out for a swim to take advantage of a particularly high tide.

However, when she got there last night she saw a van in the water in the distance. The van, with a 'Yodel' livery on the side, was almost entirely submerged.

With just the top half out of the water in what looks like essentially a river at the time of the photo being taken, the van remained there some time.

Mrs Moran told DevonLive: "The driver was sat on a bench seemingly waiting for the water to recede. We sent a lady on a boat to offer him a ride to dry land. Apparently he still had parcels to deliver in the van.

"You should never go as close to high tide as he did but people get caught out all of the time. It was also a very high spring tide which was why I’d chosen that particular night to swim."

This is not the first time such an accident has happened, despite numerous warnings over the years by local police. In 2018, a roughly £60,000 Jaguar XK was seen in a similar position. It had to be removed by a recovery crew.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."