ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Gloucester's new 120,000 sq ft Amazon facility takes shape

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Gloucester's new 120,000 sq ft Amazon facility takes shape

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.punchline-gloucester.com/ar ... akes-shape

A 5.3-acre plot of land in Gloucester is being transformed into Amazon Logistics' new Gloucester distribution centre.

The collection of steel structures adjacent to the Unilever factory and Premier Inn Hotel at Centre Severn in Barnwood will soon become a 118,000 sq ft purpose-built Amazon storage and distribution centre.

Construction workers on site are currently assembling a large multi-storey car park, adding cladding to the main warehouse and progressing with landscaping works.

Once complete, the development will also include associated offices, yards, 183 car parking spaces, multi-storey van storage deck and HGV parking facilities.

Kerry-Anne Lawlor, country director for Amazon Logistics said: "We are excited to invest in the Gloucester area with a new delivery station that will provide efficient delivery for customers, and create new jobs for the talented workforce."

The building is expected to be fully operational this autumn, and create around 20 permanent jobs, in addition over 90 driver opportunities for Amazon Logistics' delivery service partners and Amazon Flex delivery partners.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."