not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Self-isolation, testing, reporting and pay : **Update 31 March**

22 Apr 2020, 20:04

Also 1 of the people shielding is still smoking like a trooper at home even tho they apparently have asthma joke !!!

22 Apr 2020, 20:35

Lovleyjubbly wrote:Also 1 of the people shielding is still smoking like a trooper at home even tho they apparently have asthma joke !!!

I hope they're not smoking these:

500x500_Principes_Corona_Red.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

22 Apr 2020, 21:27

Lovleyjubbly wrote:Also 1 of the people shielding is still smoking like a trooper at home even tho they apparently have asthma joke !!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... oronavirus

23 Apr 2020, 11:11

Lovleyjubbly wrote:It's awful, they are 100% being paid in full as they have told other people at work who they talk 2 , I also think it's so awful how any vunrable group still have to go in even tho there is no social distance in depos what's so ever , and the vunrable are told by the goverment to be really strict rules apply regarding this however it can not be followed not through fault of our own , if I get covid chances are I may die due to 2 things on list that make me vunrable but not severe vunrable , that leaves my children without a mom due to my vunrable group not bad enough to shield , I'd just like to no how they have got away with this when they would not recieved a severe vunrable letter,

The high risk group without letters, like you, have been criminally neglected.

RM have deliberately left it to individual managers, who as we know are mostly arseholes.You will be lucky if you are even allowed to take unpaid leave, never mind paid.

CWU haven't put any pressure on them either. Try your GP. It's unlikely, as they mostly aren't doing COVID notes, but you might get lucky.

24 Apr 2020, 17:09

paul.r1 wrote:Hi ,there is a grey area in regards to the 12 week shielding ,one the one hand if you have received a letter stating you are extremely vulnerable then it appears you get full pay however if it is a close family member you need to shield then you won’t get paid, however there are so many examples on this forum of postmen and postwomen who say that they are off shielding a vulnerable family member who has received a 12 week letter and they are receiving full pay.That gives us 2 options to believe, either all these people are not telling the truth or they are in fact being paid and for the rest of us that fall into this category we are being so badly treated.For all the people on here who have posted replies saying why should the company pay a worker who is shielding a vulnerable person at home I say this to you,I am being asked by Royal Mail to receive no pay for 12 weeks if I choose to shield my son,however he is classed as being extremely vulnerable and at risk of severe illness if he was to catch Coronavirus. How can my employer place me in this position.

They can't be...

I have an employee who does not want to attend work because they are concerned about a family member at home. They or anyone within their household do not have symptoms of coronavirus. What should I do?

Find out the employees concerns and reaffirm the processes that we have in place to ensure the protection of our employees.

If the employee continues to have concerns and wants to stay away from the office work with them to agree how they can take time away from work.

There are a range of options which can be considered including annual holiday, flexible working and Special Leave. If any time is provided as unpaid special leave, the manager should record this through “Other time Off – Special Leave unpaid”.

When entering the absence, the manager should select ‘Special Leave unpaid’ and then choose ‘Personal Commitments’.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=94740

24 Apr 2020, 17:46

You could if you have a smart lawyer box the company into a corner over the shielding scenario if the person you're shielding has a disability.

Coleman v Attridge

Discrimination by association.

Just a heads up.

30 Apr 2020, 00:31

With testing now available for key workers, are employees who go sick with possible Covid-19 asked to take a test?

In our office, two unrelated employees went sick on the same day. After seven days, the first person returned to work declaring himself well, the second person who also felt fit and well was not allowed to resume duty because he had taken a test and had not yet had the results. Although better to be certain, of course, this is effectively treating people differently.

The second person, who had taken the test, was an agency worker and not necessarily eligible for SSP. He is required to stay off until his result is through which in some cases is taking five days. The reason given was there was the risk he would test positive. Yet surely there is that risk with the first, untested employee, or any of us for that matter. Seems you are penalised for having the common sense to be tested.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2