not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

08 Jun 2019, 20:39

He certainly hasn't made a grand entrance by letting the share price dive by 2/3rds over the past year.

This wouldn't happen in football if a manager kept on losing games but keeps on rewarding himself by buying shares within the club. He must have a crystal ball to have bought that many shares.

Rico Back, Royal Mail CEO purchases 'ANOTHER' 150,000 shares on June 4 at 1.98 = GBP297,516

09 Jun 2019, 04:28

He got a golden goodbye of £6 million a golden hello he done a trading announcement days before we could cash our shares tax free he know what he is doing and he is screwing us all so he can buy the company out right and sell us to DHL at cut price the shares will jump and rico will be boating next to a tax exile and molester of women even a certain male Brazilian footballer is of shoring his assets as we speak odds on we will be screwed big time without even knowing it till we we wake up in the morning with a sore arse and some pictures on the internet and our hopes and futures up in the air!

09 Jun 2019, 08:20

arnold cheshire wrote:
wacko74 wrote:RM doesn't pay ''extremely well'' for an unskilled job at all... we come out with just over £1 more than the national living wage.

And I'd say being an OPG is considerably more demanding (physically and mentally) and comes with more responsibility than many other typical ''unskilled'' jobs such as working on a production line or working in retail.

Get working in home bargains for £8 then

I was referring to the LIVING wage not the National Minimum Wage... and anyone who is on £8 or so will almost certainly be entitled to Tax Credits (and other associated benefits) if they know how to play the system, meaning that their overall income will be on a par if not possibly actually higher than our take home pay.

09 Jun 2019, 13:19

wacko74 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
wacko74 wrote:RM doesn't pay ''extremely well'' for an unskilled job at all... we come out with just over £1 more than the national living wage.

And I'd say being an OPG is considerably more demanding (physically and mentally) and comes with more responsibility than many other typical ''unskilled'' jobs such as working on a production line or working in retail.

I was referring to the LIVING wage not the National Minimum Wage... and anyone who is on £8 or so will almost certainly be entitled to Tax Credits (and other associated benefits) if they know how to play the system, meaning that their overall income will be on a par if not possibly actually higher than our take home pay.

The National living wage is £8.21 per hour and our rate is £11.26 per hour excluding allowances.
Sorry but we are well paid for what we do and have a pretty decent Pension compared with other workers as well as other perks.

09 Jun 2019, 14:46

The problem I have with the minimum wage is it is totally counter productive. Unless the government can some how stop the cost of living going up then the minimum wage will end up being countered by raised prices to compensate for the wage increase. Meaning that some workers wages that are above the minimum wage get closer to it if they don't end up with a pay rise.
I understand that we need a decent living wage but all companies do is up there prices too so you are no better off.
It was never really very thought out because there was no way that a company would have their profits hit. They would either increase prices, change work practices (i.e to increase productivity for less) and/or make workers redundant.
I do think that our wage is not bad for a 38 hour/5 day week. If everyone was to do the the jobs properly, no doubt there would be more jobs in Royal Mail but we are our own enemies at times. Over the years we cut our own throats by making time, now it's a case that some staff are rushing about to get done in time. I still see staff that complain and they are still getting done early?? I think some people need to wake up and realise that they are cutting their own throats and while you do that, managers are quite happy to sit back and let it happen...

09 Jun 2019, 16:52

milly wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:

The National living wage is £8.21 per hour and our rate is £11.26 per hour excluding allowances.
Sorry but we are well paid for what we do and have a pretty decent Pension compared with other workers as well as other perks.

The government seem to be rather cleverly re-branding the minimum wage, referring to it now the ''living wage'' to confuse people such as yourself.

The National Minimum Wage (as it's previously been known as) is £8.21. Whilst what is widely acknowledged as being an acceptable real LIVING wage is considered to be at least £9.00-£10.00

I generally come out with about £10.30 per hour after deductions, a figure which I suspect is easily matched and probably exceeded by anyone on minimum wage of £8.21 when their tax credits and various other benefits are added to the equation.

(And I don't think anyone is in a position to comment on how decent or otherwise our pension may or may not be, given the huge amount of unknowns and uncertainties that are associated with the latest proposed scheme)

09 Jun 2019, 16:59

wacko74 wrote:
milly wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:

The government seem to be rather cleverly re-branding the minimum wage, referring to it now the ''living wage'' to confuse people such as yourself.

The National Minimum Wage (as it's previously been known as) is £8.21. Whilst what is widely acknowledged as being an acceptable real LIVING wage is considered to be at least £9.00-£10.00

I generally come out with about £10.30 per hour after deductions, a figure which I suspect is easily matched and probably exceeded by anyone on minimum wage of £8.21 when their tax credits and various other benefits are added to the equation.

(And I don't think anyone is in a position to comment on how decent or otherwise our pension may or may not be, given the huge amount of unknowns and uncertainties that are associated with the latest proposed scheme)

It depends on family being single or having children etc

09 Jun 2019, 18:27

I wouldn't say I'm confused. What I'm saying is, the more wage rises that happen, the more the cost of living goes up so it counters any rises that have been awarded. Unless there is control how groceries, fuel, utilities and other retail is controlled then the rise you have just been given has just vanished. That's the point I'm trying to make is that they may raise the minimum wage to match inflation but the day after implemention the cost of living shoots up. Again, I don't think we are on bad money compared to some people. I suppose if you are in London then that's a bit different but when you are north of London, the cost of living gets lower. Like I say, please let me know which factories or retail places pay better than what we are getting now because I'll be applying. I can assure you that the grass is not necessarily better on the otherside. Like I have stated before, no-one has got a gun to our heads and making us stay. If there are 'better' jobs out there then I've sentenced myself to life imprisonment to a company that has not been paying me pittance when all this time there were better jobs and prospects in the real world...

09 Jun 2019, 19:07

Unionjackjay - I wasn't saying you were confused I was replying to Milly who appeared to be getting confused with difference between Minimum wage and Living wage.

I agree with your general points regarding inflation v wages, I also think there's an argument to be made that the minimum wage has actually also become the maximum wage.. but I also stand by my point that the vast majority of people on minimum wage will be getting their income very generously ''topped up'' with tax credits and other associated benefits, to the extent that many of them actually don't want an increase in hours or pay as it will ''effect me tax credits innit''
A quick look on any other forum discussing budgeting and income will show you examples of people saying how they'd be worse off if they increased their hours or took a slightly higher paying job due to the reduction in their benefits.

I never said that there are better paying factory or retail jobs than what we get, I acknowledged that they pay marginally lower but I maintain that they are generally less physically and mentally demanding than our job even though we're classed as being as ''unskilled'' as they are.

09 Jun 2019, 19:53

Matey, trust me when I say that there are "skilled" jobs that pay less.
Ask people who work for Toyota on the production line. They have to stick there hand up if they want a loo break. Staff are forced to do overtime at a drop of a hat (part of the terms and conditions) and if you decide to go sick, they will either send a doctor out or they force you to go in for an assessment. If you refuse then your pay is stopped.
We are very luck that we get sick pay benefits and we get our SAs paid while on Annual Leave. Pensions well, I can honestly say that, yes, we have been failed but again, our pension is not the only one that has been messed with...
Trust me matey, if there was better out there then I would be the first one to go. Although over the years things have got from good, bad then worse, it is still a good job compared to a lot of jobs out there. Especially now we are privatised. I can't see how Royal Mail will be able to sustain the wage rises and things are going to get a lot harder unless we stick by our guns and do our jobs properly...

09 Jun 2019, 20:28

Those people on the Toyota production line are apparently getting paid near as dammit £40k a year...

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/ ... rkers-earn

UK
Annual production (2015): 1.5 million
Est. annual salary: $37,000 (£39,800)
GDP per head: $47,000 (£37,800)

The average annual wage for a UK production worker on unionised sites is £30,250, although there’s no indication as to who – Honda, JLR, Nissan, Toyota or Vauxhall – pays the highest salaries. A JLR spokeswoman hinted it pays better than any other UK-based firm, and went further still by claiming its car workers are among the highest paid in Europe – but it flatly refused to go into details.

Several ‘production operator’ jobs were recently up for grabs at JLR, ranging from £13,897 to £39,100. The SMMT also told us the average rate is 22.30 Euros (£19.07) per hour in the UK. Assuming a 40-hour week, this equates to around £39,800 annually.

09 Jun 2019, 22:45

There's an easy answer there...leave...I think you find out of all courier services that we are probably the best paid in the uk. Like I say, the production line is not the best jobs. I can honestly, I know people who work at Toyota, that they are not happy because the jobs are very mundane. You have to take the main 2 weeks holiday when the shut the factory...
Honestly pal, you are trying to convince me that there are 'better' jobs out there? Easy solution, if ya' not happy then simply apply for these jobs. They are very few and far between...

09 Jun 2019, 23:32

Since "better" is a completely subjective term there are both millions of better jobs out there and no better jobs out there depending on your particular situation and perspective.

Telling someone to leave is neither helpful nor necessary. I think since we're mostly able to tie our shoelaces we've developed the required intelligence to work out the blatantly obvious ourselves....matey.

10 Jun 2019, 04:42

UnionJackJay wrote:There's an easy answer there...leave...I think you find out of all courier services that we are probably the best paid in the uk. Like I say, the production line is not the best jobs. I can honestly, I know people who work at Toyota, that they are not happy because the jobs are very mundane. You have to take the main 2 weeks holiday when the shut the factory...
Honestly pal, you are trying to convince me that there are 'better' jobs out there? Easy solution, if ya' not happy then simply apply for these jobs. They are very few and far between...

I'm not trying to convince you there are better jobs or better paid unskilled jobs out there (although there obviously are) and at no point have I said I'm not happy and hate this job.

My only issue was with someone up thread who said that we are ''extremely well paid'' for the unskilled work we do, a point I disagree with... we are marginally better paid than many other unskilled jobs (but not all) but those other unskilled jobs don't come with same physical demands or level of responsibility that our job comes with and many of those people on minimum wage will actually find themselves no financially worse off than us thanks to their wages being topped up by in work benefits.

10 Jun 2019, 07:39

We say responsible job but standards have dropped since 2 decades when I was on delivery. There's probably more wilful delay of mail and some real bad habits that probably when I started in Royal Mail, would end up either a 2 year reprimand or even the sack.
What really gets me, people moan about what they don't have and are always thinking the grass is greener. I know that people have left and they actually miss it and are literally begging to come back.
The job can not be that bad? I know guys who gone to work for Bombardia after taking EVR, They wished they never left. I know guys who gone to Toyota and wished they never left. Our jobs can't be that bad? If it was, why have we got staff who have over 10 years service? One bloke in our office managed 50 years service.
Yes, I admit that delivery is probably a physical and can be mentally stressing but my point is, if this company falls under because of poor management and the union demands then this company will not be able sustain and then we are left why open to ne taken over which will mean our pensions, wages and jobs will be even more at risk because I doubt any other company will actually sit there and promise us that we will get a pay rise everytime the minimum wage rises.
I say to people instead of moaning about how Royal Mail reward staff for the work you do, the simple thing is to leave, that's all I'm saying. We can say that there are millions who are on a better money than us but I sure that there is a 2 million or more on far less, who have zero hour contracts, no sick pay and minimal holiday pay. Like I have said, if there is a company out there in the midlands that has better pay, benefits, pension and is nearby then I'll jump to the chance.
We think that our managers are bad, I've heard worse stories out there and they haven't got trade unions to back them. Some people have to work shifts to get the same as our basic wage. Our LGV/MGV drivers don't do bad either and even they moan...but what you forget, moaning and comparing will not change anything but one thing I do know is one day we may lose it all together and lets face the truth here, once it's gone, it's gone...
We, the staff, have made delivery harder. We took it on ourselves, over the years, to come in early to prep, not take our meal reliefs, take overweight bags and rush round to make time but now it has come point where more and more staff have to break all rules to get finished on time but there are still staff out there who are more than willing to still kill their jobs...

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3