not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Share price crashing as we speak....

21 May 2019, 21:05

cloherty1976 wrote:
Celtic warrior wrote:Any other business the CEO or chairman would be held accountable for what we are seeing right now. (Lowest ever price now)

All we get from our part time CEO is soundbites and getting told negatives compared to him trying to shore up the company.

Not expecting a lot in the announcement on Wed 22nd to make me feel confident which could leave us open for a hard take over in my opinion.

Surely he has only been in charge months rather than years and his ideas take time. Look at what Tesco’s have done since the new CEO took charge. It takes time...

what ??? close all counters and stores ??? :shock:

21 May 2019, 21:12

dancingqueen wrote:These figures are out of date.

current short position less than 0.5% of equity as of today.

They are accurate as of yesterday, and today's positions have not been disclosed yet, so

you could n't pop a link on could you dear boy

or did you hear it from your broker...........

22 May 2019, 07:26

dancingqueen wrote:
wacko74 wrote:I'm not defending our board or CEO but this is purely the work of a very concerted effort by a number of powerful institutions acting in unison to short RMG, an utterly corrupt and disreputable practice of stock manipulation that should be outlawed and treated as seriously as insider trading...and it's not a true reflection of the fundamental state of the business or the competence of our CEO.

Nonsense.

Looking at the number of shares "short" on RM today (21st May) it is less than 0.5%. In other words insignificant.

Folk are selling due to the falling profits / poor business model / margin pressure and possible nationalisation by marxist Corbyn.

I hate to say it but a true valuation of RM is much lower than the current 215p. Huge downside still.

You clearly don't understand how disclosed/undisclosed short positions work, or the wider implications of how multiple shorters acting in unison can manipulate a stock price downward regardless of the businesses current performance and future outlook.

I'm not saying everything about RMG is rosy but it's the shorters that are currently having a far bigger impact on driving the SP down than any business fundamentals.

22 May 2019, 17:37

RM are still proposing a large final dividend subject to it being voted through at the AGM. If they had bit the bullet and changed the dividend rate with immediate effect there would have been a large drop in the share price compared to the small dip we had. I was expecting it to go below two pounds to be honest. They are getting ready to kick us posties in the face though and that kind of thing makes share prices go up.

23 May 2019, 13:12

Numerous broker downgrades today.

Shares just gone sub 200p

100p here we come.

23 May 2019, 16:33

dancingqueen wrote:Numerous broker downgrades today.

100p here we come.

How tedious you are dancingqueen. I bet you are one of those who cashed in their shares 2 years ago and really want the share price to crash as low as possible so you can say 'there told you so' and celebrate how clever you were.

23 May 2019, 20:12

You predicted 100p quite sometime ago dancingqueen. A sweeping statement at the time. Does not seem so sweeping now. Even if they don't drop to 100p you appear so far to be more right than wrong. You have my attention.

28 May 2019, 18:14

If the share price is heading to a quid a share. Why the hell is our glorious leader been buying 100s of thousands since it dipped just under 3 quid? Does he know something that we, less mortals, do not :hmmmm

28 May 2019, 21:06

El-Bandito wrote:If the share price is heading to a quid a share. Why the hell is our glorious leader been buying 100s of thousands since it dipped just under 3 quid? Does he know something that we, less mortals, do not :hmmmm

Perhaps he's going to use the loss as a tax write off against something else?

01 Jun 2019, 20:17

yellowbelly wrote:
El-Bandito wrote:If the share price is heading to a quid a share. Why the hell is our glorious leader been buying 100s of thousands since it dipped just under 3 quid? Does he know something that we, less mortals, do not :hmmmm

Possibly his golden good bye with GLS but profiteering off our backs is not welcomed us and the cut in the dividend is to pay only management restructuring again!

02 Jun 2019, 09:04

yellowbelly wrote:

If you make losses on dealing in shares you can use those losses to reduce or even eliminate your tax bill. Also he was given nearly six million quid tax free so he isn't really buying the shares at all. So either way he wins whether the business rides the storm or gets bought up.

04 Jun 2019, 16:40

DiamondSmiles wrote:

100p here we come.

How tedious you are dancingqueen. I bet you are one of those who cashed in their shares 2 years ago and really want the share price to crash as low as possible so you can say 'there told you so' and celebrate how clever you were.

And on the flip side - what about the condescending posts years ago to posters who sold their shares "you shouldn't have sold them - you have to pay tax - we will keep them and make money on no tax and dividends etc etc"

Cuts both ways !

30 Jun 2019, 08:51

dancingqueen wrote:The real danger here is marxist Corbyn and his threat to nationalise Royal Mail which he would do at 0p

A real danger given how bloody useless Mrs may is.

"marxist"?

How quant lol

06 Jul 2019, 20:18

dandydon wrote:
DiamondSmiles wrote:

100p here we come.

And on the flip side - what about the condescending posts years ago to posters who sold their shares "you shouldn't have sold them - you have to pay tax - we will keep them and make money on no tax and dividends etc etc"

Cuts both ways !

IMHO I think the biggest uncertainty with any shares at the moment is the fear of a ‘no deal brexit’...

If you’re worried about share price collapses, take a look at Kier ...

They were around £15 a share just prior to the 2016 Brexit referendum...

They are now trading at a little over a £1

06 Jul 2019, 20:40

Capitalism cuts both ways and it is usually the poor that bear the brunt of it for those who have money to bet ie investors or rich or in a position of business which allows them freedom of action or lack of due regulation and prudence this is not the case they come out with all sorts of fancifully things to serve their own ends! It is but one hope in my life that these deeds of selfishness should be punished with a will and conviction that so drives those who seek wealth over human kindness and developing our nation so it benefits all and not just the few but all in this nation!

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3