not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Shares heading below 100p ?

23 May 2019, 20:23

Can someone explain to a humble postie what drives the share price?I always thought it was supply and demand so cannot get my head around why if more shares were bought than sold it dropped so much?

27 May 2019, 01:11

Wednesday wrote:Can someone explain to a humble postie what drives the share price?I always thought it was supply and demand so cannot get my head around why if more shares were bought than sold it dropped so much?

It is mainly on past or future performance but also indications of future performance it does not help when some one is hell bent on driving the price down so he can acquire the business at rock bottom by issuing statements that are fiction maybe Mr Back can correct my assessment of the facts but what the hell does he care!

27 May 2019, 04:43

Wednesday wrote:Can someone explain to a humble postie what drives the share price?I always thought it was supply and demand so cannot get my head around why if more shares were bought than sold it dropped so much?

The main reason RMG is currently so low is due to a very concerted effort by a number of financial institutions acting in unison to ''short'' the stock.

This is a very dubious and opaque practice and is actually illegal in many other countries stock markets.

27 May 2019, 05:20

Not sure they will drop
To that ,but I’ve been saying to people that still have full amount , they will never go to £3 again,£2.50/£2.75 , stop paying managers bonus would save money for a start

27 May 2019, 07:56

I am not an investor type person so I had to google shorting.

Hopefully this explains what it is

Shorting, or short-selling is when an investor borrows shares and immediately sells them, hoping he or she can scoop them up later at a lower price, return them to the lender and pocket the difference.

27 May 2019, 09:01

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am not an investor type person so I had to google shorting.

Hopefully this explains what it is

Shorting, or short-selling is when an investor borrows shares and immediately sells them, hoping he or she can scoop them up later at a lower price, return them to the lender and pocket the difference.

There's a bit more to it than that though... the short seller isn't ''hoping'' the share price will fall when that short seller happens to be a group of powerful and influential financial institutions who have the means to manipulate a share price downward, particularly when working in unison with each other.

27 May 2019, 15:51

Mostly it is confidence or the lack of it combined with the opinions of others. Sheep & lemmings walking along the edge of a cliff. :wink:

27 May 2019, 15:57

Was just looking at the share price chart for RM shares. They did actually dip below the two pound mark the other day and reached 197.90 but have closed up at about 210.00. The share price will probably be alright now until August.

27 May 2019, 16:35

they went down to about 192, shorters positions have not closed substantially, which leads to believe there is more value in a price drop for them still so would n't be surprised to see a dip below 190 before a restoration of sanity, they will be feeding off the political uncertainty at the moment, hopefully the bottom has been reached though and its onwards and upwards.....

03 Jun 2019, 10:06

Nobody wants to see RM subjected to a takeover bid. But I would love to see these ‘shorters’ get their fingers Royally burned.
Just think: you borrow Royal Mail shares when the price is 270p. You sell them, and see the price drop to 200p. You’re about to buy them back, to pocket 70p/share profit and return the shares to your lender.... then BOOM!... Deutsche Post launches a takeover bid, offering 390p/share in cash... now that shorter is looking at a LOSS of 120p per share ha ha

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2