not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Capital Markets Day announcement date.

22 May 2019, 17:27

According to the official release large parcels and ALL the Tracked items will be diverted to the LAT hubs.

Is there a link to that?
I can't see tracked letters and DVDs being diverted. :left:

Also we're an LAT hub and there's not a hope in hell that we could handle that number of tracked nor could we possibly deliver ALL tracked, we would be covering as much ground as the posties.

I respectfully suggest that you may have misunderstood something somewhere.....

23 May 2019, 07:16

Woody Guthrie wrote:
According to the official release large parcels and ALL the Tracked items will be diverted to the LAT hubs.

Is there a link to that?

Also we're an LAT hub and there's not a hope in hell that we could handle that number of tracked nor could we possibly deliver ALL tracked, we would be covering as much ground as the posties.

We are also an LAT hub. I do them Saturdays, and some other days on occasion. No way would we be able to handle them. The travel time alone is a major issue, as anyone who does them will know. Example, parcel in town A, then town B, 5.6 miles away using a motorway. Took twenty minutes just to get there. I've had as many as 30 parcels in 4.5hrs. Massive geographical spread, 6 postcode areas, with all the nutters in the world out on the same roads.

23 May 2019, 23:32

The more we hear about & discuss the proposal on parcels the less feasible it becomes. Let's hope we can smash it - it's about time we ended up on the winning side even if it's just this one time.

25 May 2019, 03:14

heapsy wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Is there a link to that?

We are also an LAT hub. I do them Saturdays, and some other days on occasion. No way would we be able to handle them. The travel time alone is a major issue, as anyone who does them will know. Example, parcel in town A, then town B, 5.6 miles away using a motorway. Took twenty minutes just to get there. I've had as many as 30 parcels in 4.5hrs. Massive geographical spread, 6 postcode areas, with all the nutters in the world out on the same roads.

Can see where all this is going they will expand this a first by re-hab duties ie light duties by claiming no bag on back but we all know it will not be the case but eventually will be duties but will these jobs be based on the recruitment policy's that now are in place or will favouritism be the new by word for the years to come!

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2