not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Buying RM shares

03 Feb 2019, 20:52

Would any of you buy extra RM shares now at the current price I think it's £2-76 per share? Any of you that follow the stock exchange what do you think of the future share price might go to in the coming months?

Buying RM shares

03 Feb 2019, 21:44

Not for me personally, but Rick has bought loads. If the CEO is going to buy then why not!

Buying RM shares

03 Feb 2019, 22:42

lala wrote:Not for me personally, but Rick has bought loads. If the CEO is going to buy then why not!

The CEO is contractually obliged to hold those shares (200% of his annual salary), he's not making a statement, he's getting as many shares as he can to satisfy the clause in his contract.

Buying RM shares

04 Feb 2019, 00:13

Bought 25% at current price will buy another 25% around £2.50 if it comes there and in a worse case rest 50% @2. Stock is waiting for good news by ofcome allows 5 days delivery ones that news come we will se @4 to 5 level but how long going to take that news to come no idea but Itwill come till than enjoy roller-coaster everyday.
Last edited by koolishy67 on 04 Feb 2019, 00:18, edited 2 times in total.

Buying RM shares

04 Feb 2019, 00:16

koolishy67 wrote:Bought 25% at current price will buy another 25% around £2.50 if it comes there and in a worse case rest 50% @2.

Fair play keep the faith while everyone else is losing it :thumbup

Buying RM shares

04 Feb 2019, 15:28

Woody Guthrie wrote:
lala wrote:Not for me personally, but Rick has bought loads. If the CEO is going to buy then why not!

The CEO is contractually obliged to hold those shares (200% of his annual salary), he's not making a statement, he's getting as many shares as he can to satisfy the clause in his contract.

Woody I'm not sure if you have interpreted the arrangement Back has with his share holding / salary correctly. I believe the 200% shareholding Back has to retain refers to bonus related share awards, and is nothing to do with his personal acquisitions.
I have posted a link to his contract details. And the remuneration section provides the relevant info. See what you think, because I could well be wrong.

https://www.londonstockexchange.com/exc ... 11954.html

Buying RM shares

04 Feb 2019, 16:48

I believe the 200% shareholding Back has to retain refers to bonus related share awards, and is nothing to do with his personal acquisitions.

It's a clever accounting move, if he already holds 200% and achieves his bonus not only will his personal acquisition be worth a great deal more as the share value will be higher but he'll be able to offload his bonus shares immediately as he already has a shareholding worth over 200% of his salary.

It makes far more sense than achieving his bonus seeing the share price climb but having to hold onto those shares, something we unfortunately had to do.
In buying those shares at such a low price he is basically giving himself the option of cashing out early at a higher value. It's a low risk-high gain bet. Even if he doesn't achieve his bonus it's unlikely buying at that price will cost him anything, even if the share price remains flat he'll still be creaming off a healthy dividend.

Buying RM shares

04 Feb 2019, 18:26

But you wrote that he was contractually obliged to hold those shares. By implication showing he was not buying shares because he believed in the 'product' but because he had to, your last post implies he believes the price will increase and that was why he employed this unnecessary 'accounting practice' that relies on the price to increase to benefit (much like the ordinary practice of buying shares). I'm not sure these to posts are consistent in their message.

I'm not sure I'm completely on board with your explanation in your last post, however you are normally pretty on the ball and a really good poster whose views I repect, so I am not completely sure in myself!

RobertT can you help clarify (for me)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1