not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Profits down, shares down, are we doomed?

30 Jan 2019, 23:33

wacko74 wrote:
mattycash wrote:As a postie I can't really see how this would bother you? It's not your problem, just come in do your job & go home, end of. You'll live a lot longer & sleep a lot better, switch off mate.

Not sure where anyone has said they're ''bothered'' by it?

Some people including posties have a dabble in share dealing and like to take an interest in the general machinations of the stock market , if only for a bit of fun, just like any other pass time.

Ay exactly, I feel like I’m in the minority here I actually enjoy working as a postie! I just like to keep my ear to the ground sort of thing, as I was investing in shares with Royal Mail and it doesn’t upset me or cause me to lose sleep I enjoy the job more when I know what direction the business is heading in.

31 Jan 2019, 16:06

mattycash wrote:As a postie I can't really see how this would bother you? It's not your problem, just come in do your job & go home, end of. You'll live a lot longer & sleep a lot better, switch off mate.

Because it's a reflection of the state of the company. We're a business, in business to make money. We're simply not a service anymore. If the business doesn't make money or can't change it's model to make profit with falling letters and rising packets, which as we all know,are much more labour intensive and as such, expensive to process and deliver; then we may just die a death and go out of business, and you won't have a job anymore. That's why you should take an interest and 'be bothered' . This job ain't as secure as some may think.

20 Feb 2019, 11:47

Rambo wake up man, the government won’t allow 150,000 people to go on the dole. Stop trying to scare people.

20 Feb 2019, 15:34

Vickihamill1 wrote:Rambo wake up man, the government won’t allow 150,000 people to go on the dole. Stop trying to scare people.

We have lost something like 60 000 full time jobs over the last 10 years.
At that rate of attrition it will only take another 20 years to do away completely with a full time workforce.
Anyone who is in their 30s with young children and a mortgage wouldn't be wise to view this job as a vehicle for providing for that family.
I don't think anyone is trying to scare people.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2