not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

BUYING RM SHARE FIRST TIME

11 Jan 2019, 10:16

Hello to All,
I am going to buy RM share but have no idea about the Stock and Share buying before.
I could buy through DEGIRO and they charge fees on around £10-£15 Aprox.
I just would like to know do I need to pay any other fees and duty if I buy also same question for selling.

11 Jan 2019, 17:03

Adam666 wrote:Hello to All,
I am going to buy RM share but have no idea about the Stock and Share buying before.
I could buy through DEGIRO and they charge fees on around £10-£15 Aprox.
I just would like to know do I need to pay any other fees and duty if I buy also same question for selling.

I trade with Halifax. It's dead easy and you can open an account dead quickly. Their dealing charges are 12.50 a trade and sometimes have a 2hr special window once a month where trading is £3.95.
If you open a non isa account, any profit you make over £11500 I think it still is approximately ,will be taxable as capital gains tax. You can make £5000 a yr in dividends tax free.
If you open an ISA shares account profits are tax free, as are any dividends.
Buying RMG shares will be charged 0.5% of your trade as stamp duty, and if you buy more than £10000 in one go, a £1 levy.
Hope that helps.
280 is a good price to buy in IMHO, don't panic if it goes down though, looking at how busy we are, it's gotta be worth much more than 280.
Another tip, don't invest more than you could afford to lose.
ATB. Good luck.

11 Jan 2019, 17:05

Oh, and selling incurs no stamp duty, just your dealing charges.

11 Jan 2019, 17:23

I'm with Halifax as well and echo Rambo's post, there is no annual fee either, and so if you are not a regular trader it is a pretty competitive platform.
Good Luck

11 Jan 2019, 17:33

There is a annual charge of £12.50 for a shares ISA.

11 Jan 2019, 17:40

LSE , £9.95 to deal , no fees , all good .

11 Jan 2019, 17:54

rambo1 wrote:There is a annual charge of £12.50 for a shares ISA.

Yeh quite right, I was refering to the regular trading account, but you'd be a bit daft not to open S and S ISA.

11 Jan 2019, 20:34

Invest atlest in 5 different stocks plenty very good stocks available to invest boohoo and Amazon look attractive to invest

12 Jan 2019, 09:42

koolishy67 wrote:Invest atlest in 5 different stocks plenty very good stocks available to invest boohoo and Amazon look attractive to invest

Amazon may be getting a bit toppy I reckon. If Brexit gets sorted out well, watch the British builders fly, Bovis, Barratt, Persimmon, all paying good divis too. For steady dividend payers, look at RDSB ( shell), or BP . Contrary to what the world thinks, we will need oil for a good while yet. Most don't even consider that plastic is made from oil. Also BP and shell are investing heavily in renewables too, they are energy providers, they aren't just gonna roll over and die when the world finally phases out fossil fuels.

12 Jan 2019, 21:02

WOW what a furtive amount of capitalism this is not that I am complaining divi is £73 on 16th if you have the full allocation but the shares are down remember they can go up or down like a floozy's gown esp when ricos in town!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1