not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Partnership and matching plan

01 Nov 2018, 13:47

Hi Guys.

Just looked on my ESP Portal. I'm paying the max in at £23.07 per week . Says I have 27 share partnership, only 2 shares matching. Last updated 28th September 2018. Shouldn't that be 5 matching ? 1 for every 5 I buy.

01 Nov 2018, 14:01

It's a maximum of only 2 free ones a month

01 Nov 2018, 14:38

Thanks for fast reply. So at the current share price. Anything over £10.00 per week aint gonna benefit from the free share with every five we buy. Should have read the small print. I may reduce so that I buy 10 shares per month. When share price goes up increase payment.

Thanks again.

01 Nov 2018, 18:44

I suppose it's just swings n roundabouts... at the current low price the 2 free shares don't feel like such a great deal, but there again, the current low price means you're hoovering up more shares for your money and there is hopefully an upside to the SP in the long term.

For now I'm sticking with the maximum £23 option.

02 Nov 2018, 22:11

I wonder how long will this last for?
I mean how many shares are available for us all to buy?

03 Nov 2018, 21:25

paul2011 wrote:I wonder how long will this last for?

That's the million dollar question.

04 Nov 2018, 08:20

paul2011 wrote:I wonder how long will this last for?

There were 1 billion shares issued when RM was privatised and the workforce were given a total of 12% over 4 batches / 3 years.
Some of those have been sold, while others have been surrendered by 'bad leavers'.

There was also the SAYE scheme.

I don't know if there's any official figures, but at a guess I would have thought we now own a maximum of 10% of the company between us? But quite possibly less.

If that is anywhere correct, then there are another 900,000,000 shares in circulation, held mainly by fund managers and the general public. Many millions of those are traded on the stock market each day.
So buying them isn't an issue!

I would say the biggest question here, is how long are RM going to be giving out free shares to those who partake in the P&M scheme! And where are they coming from?

Are they just being recycled from those surrendered by bad leavers and the scheme will close when they run out; or

Are RM actually buying them for us on the open market.

I suspect it's the former!

05 Nov 2018, 08:35

I only pay a small amount each week but I'm not seeing any shares listed for the Partnership and Matching plan on my ESP Portal. Are they supposed to be listed under SAYE??

05 Nov 2018, 16:53

scribbler wrote:I only pay a small amount each week but I'm not seeing any shares listed for the Partnership and Matching plan on my ESP Portal. Are they supposed to be listed under SAYE??

I'm not doing P&M, but I think they should be in your SIP along with your free shares.

05 Nov 2018, 18:39

scribbler wrote:I only pay a small amount each week but I'm not seeing any shares listed for the Partnership and Matching plan on my ESP Portal. Are they supposed to be listed under SAYE??

open up your esp portal. Click on my investments. Then click view for SIP. Your partnership and matching shares will be listed separately there.

09 Nov 2018, 10:10

Duran wrote:Thanks for fast reply. So at the current share price. Anything over £10.00 per week aint gonna benefit from the free share with every five we buy. Should have read the small print. I may reduce so that I buy 10 shares per month. When share price goes up increase payment.

Thanks again.

yes its a max of 2 shares per month , I pay £12.50 a week so £50 a month , and last month I got 14 + 2 free shares , so even if the shares go up to £5 I would still get 2 free shares ,

Yesterday, 07:54

Remember, every share you buy is costing you 68% (or less) of market rate so shares bought now would need to be worth less than circa £2.33 at sale to make a loss (ignoring dividends and sales fees).

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1