not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Cancelling Partnership & Matching scheme

25 Oct 2018, 10:43

Hi people, I started the partnership and matching scheme a month or so ago, paying the full £23.07 a week. However, have had second thoughts now and want to stop the scheme. Had anybody else done this and know how it works? Is it as simple as getting my 4 weeks worth of £23.07 back and cancelling future payments? I imagine there is some ridiculously complicated way of doing it, which involves me losing out on money and taking forever to get my invested money back? Cheers

25 Oct 2018, 14:01

Taken from your P&M booklet:

Can I make changes to the amount I invest each month, or temporarily stop/restart my deductions?

You can stop, restart or change the amount of your investment at any time by logging on to the Employee Share Plan (ESP) portal at http://www.royalmailemployeeshares.co.uk. One change is permitted every month. The schedule opposite shows the monthly cut-off date for any changes. Where you stop and then restart your investments, the deductions will start again in the next available payroll.

You won't be able to get back any money you've already bought shares with other than by selling the shares and incurring a dealing charge, and you'll have to wait 5 years to sell them free of tax and NIC's, unless you're a good/tax exempt leaver.

The info is out there, all you've got to do is look in the obvious places!

26 Oct 2018, 16:28

RobertT wrote:Taken from your P&M booklet:

Can I make changes to the amount I invest each month, or temporarily stop/restart my deductions?

You can stop, restart or change the amount of your investment at any time by logging on to the Employee Share Plan (ESP) portal at http://www.royalmailemployeeshares.co.uk. One change is permitted every month. The schedule opposite shows the monthly cut-off date for any changes. Where you stop and then restart your investments, the deductions will start again in the next available payroll.

You won't be able to get back any money you've already bought shares with other than by selling the shares and incurring a dealing charge, and you'll have to wait 5 years to sell them free of tax and NIC's, unless you're a good/tax exempt leaver.

The info is out there, all you've got to do is look in the obvious places!

One of the main reasons for this is Forum is for the advantaged (keyboard warriors?) to help the disadvantaged among us.

Very often Royal Mail policies and procedures are obscured by mists of mystery (deliberately?) and are made hard for those who are new to the digital age to find.

26 Oct 2018, 17:22

I was referring more to the paper copy we all received at our home addresses! :wave

But most if not all the booklets we've received on RM shares and recent pension changes amongst other things, can be found quite easily on My Royal Mail. You don't need to be a keyboard warrior or advantaged in any way to click where it says 'your shares' and then on 'find out more'.

26 Oct 2018, 17:25

...and let's be clear, Robert contributes more on this forum, to us disadvantaged, than anybody else, by a country mile.

26 Oct 2018, 19:15

Hi everyone, i am also paying the maximum £23.07 a week but unlike the origanal post i am happy for now to continue. i would suggest that rather cancell completely take it down to a more affordable figure. you can amend your payments once per salery period.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1