not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE




Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

06 Oct 2018, 17:26

My forecast of below a £1 is based on dire market sentiment that will drive the share price down if Corbyn gets into power. if he does get into power he will renationalise at a knock down price which will be way below 100p

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

06 Oct 2018, 18:07

But does anyone seriously think Corbyn will ever be prime minister and even if he is, will he keep to his promises. He's a politician after all!

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

06 Oct 2018, 18:12

If the dreadful Ms May is PM at the time of the next election then Corbyn has a real chance of gaining power.

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

06 Oct 2018, 19:38

Dancingqueen 99% of your mail centre are angry and 90% are selling their shares on 15th Oct
Can I ask how many work in your mail centre and how you came to these two figures?

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

06 Oct 2018, 20:16

dancingqueen wrote:My forecast of below a £1 is based on dire market sentiment that will drive the share price down if Corbyn gets into power. if he does get into power he will renationalise at a knock down price which will be way below 100p

I will be keeping all my free shares and by the way if they drop to below a £1 I will buy even more :thumbup , do you think this rico or what his name is , is going to be paid 6.4m of share holders money to be sat on his arse and do jack s**t to drag the company out of the mess by the last one who by the way got what she could by false and unachievable targets ? I don't think so .

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 03:47

dancingqueen wrote:Not bitter about the privatisation of RM at all. I welcomed it.

Aren't I allowed an opinion ? For the record I actually own some shares but I fear for the future of the company.

I can only see the shares falling further given the gross inefficiencies I see in my mail centre every day of the week.

My "constant nonsense" is shared by many many professional stockbrokers. Letters in terminal decline. Parcels growing but under severe pricing pressure. This is fact.

I expect further profit warnings and a cut in the divi. I am not alone in this thinking.

Yes I fear for the future of the RM as a plc. If Ms May is PM at the next election then Corbyn will win. He will then re-nationalise RM for a song.

As soon as we get to 15th Oct I am selling the shares I have.


I'll certainly agree with you about the gross inefficiencies seen in MC's... it remains one of life's great mysteries to me how RM bosses have been so utterly obsessed with paring delivery offices back to the bone whilst MC's are still like something from the 1970's with 2-3 people doing the work of one person.

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 08:50

I'll certainly agree with you about the gross inefficiencies seen in MC's... it remains one of life's great mysteries to me how RM bosses have been so utterly obsessed with paring delivery offices back to the bone whilst MC's are still like something from the 1970's with 2-3 people doing the work of one person.[/quote]



Ok I'll fall for it (baiting of Processing by Delivery). :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Been with Royal Mail for 20+ years - all in Processing - have nothing but admiration for Delivery, there is no way on God's Earth I would manage a walk - Chapeau!

In that 20 years the number of Mail Centres has halved.

I don't recall any support from Delivery to halt the closures.
Perhaps if we all stood together instead of infighting we would have a chance in the future.
Remember now that MC closures have stopped at the moment, it is because they are looking at closing Delivery Offices.


The MC I work in has been forced to take in another MC that has been closed.

The head count is actually quite similar to when I started, however the work load has doubled and whereas 95% of duties were full time now it's more like 50%, with any shortfall made up by Angard. i would love to have it as easy as you seem to think it is.

Don't forget to take into account our Managers stand over us all our working day, not just for the 1st hour.



If you must find someone to blame then look upwards at the incompetent Management structure.


Rant over.


On a brighter note I'm happy for all those who had elected to sell their shares, Isn't that the topic we are supposed to be on! :hmmmm :hmmmm

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 10:40

wacko74 wrote:I'll certainly agree with you about the gross inefficiencies seen in MC's... it remains one of life's great mysteries to me how RM bosses have been so utterly obsessed with paring delivery offices back to the bone whilst MC's are still like something from the 1970's with 2-3 people doing the work of one person.

Dream on, MCs rely on casuals/agency and people doing ot, without them we'd have MASSIVE fails all the time. if you think that we're overstaff in MCs then we could always axe the staff who do walk sequencing and just send your mech mail as walk sorted only or even just as manual :cuppa

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 11:08

cloherty1976 wrote:
dancingqueen wrote:I can see the shares falling much more.

The profit warning this week is only the start. I expect another warning or 2.

I expect the divi to be cut.

I expect a sub 100p share price.

Failing that I see marxist Corbyn getting the company for peanuts.

Either way the the future looks bleak for the share price.

If it did fall to below a pound don’t you think some hedge fund or large competitor would buy the company.
When you consider what land and property the post office own surely that would be worth the billion pound spent?

Most of the RM assets have already been sold off and the monies raised either spent or given away in dividends to the shareholders. I do totally agree though that RM would be snapped up - likely by German business interests - if the share price collapsed to the price you suggest. Considering our new CEO is German it starts to look like more than pure coincidence.

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 11:47

Jefferson Starfish wrote:But does anyone seriously think Corbyn will ever be prime minister and even if he is, will he keep to his promises. He's a politician after all!


But that is the point, he isn't the usual lying politician. He may not get the chance to implement all of his policies - there are a lot for just 1 term - but I have no doubt about his integrity.

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 13:02

If Ms May goes into an election against Corbyn then Corbyn cold easily win.

One of his first jobs will be to renationalise many companies. he has said this openly.

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 13:42

wacko74 wrote:
dancingqueen wrote:Not bitter about the privatisation of RM at all. I welcomed it.

Aren't I allowed an opinion ? For the record I actually own some shares but I fear for the future of the company.

I can only see the shares falling further given the gross inefficiencies I see in my mail centre every day of the week.

My "constant nonsense" is shared by many many professional stockbrokers. Letters in terminal decline. Parcels growing but under severe pricing pressure. This is fact.

I expect further profit warnings and a cut in the divi. I am not alone in this thinking.

Yes I fear for the future of the RM as a plc. If Ms May is PM at the next election then Corbyn will win. He will then re-nationalise RM for a song.

As soon as we get to 15th Oct I am selling the shares I have.


I'll certainly agree with you about the gross inefficiencies seen in MC's... it remains one of life's great mysteries to me how RM bosses have been so utterly obsessed with paring delivery offices back to the bone whilst MC's are still like something from the 1970's with 2-3 people doing the work of one person.

What are these cushy numbers 2-3 people are doing that only 1 person should be doing :hmmmm :hmmmm

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 15:05

dancingqueen wrote:If Ms May goes into an election against Corbyn then Corbyn cold easily win.
.


Corbyn is what keeps May in power. If Labour had even a half-decent leader they'd have been in power by now when the weakness of the Tory government is examined.
Good old Jezza, his present to the working man/woman, keeping the useless Tories in power.

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 19:40

Dancing Queen you are too pessimistic , under a pound you are having a laugh .
Yes there are problems but still forecast for solid 500million profit .
As for Corbyn where's the money coming from

Get out of jail card just arrived - Sip 2013

07 Oct 2018, 20:15

As for Corbyn where's the money coming from?


Whether you like Corbyn or not and personally I'm not a fan this is probably the weakest point anyone can make against any kind of government expenditure.

The £3 billion or so(probably much less) it would take to renationalise RM is around 0.4% of GDP or around 0.7% of the annual tax receipts. It's about 8% of the Brexit divorce bill and about 3% of the estimated cost of replacing Trident.

Where it really pales into insignificance is when it's set against the country's debt which is somewhere around £1.8 trillion and rising, the cost of servicing that debt alone is £48 billion p.a.

Nationalising companies does not however necessarily cost as long as the assets match the cost and profits cover the cost of the debt (debt is cheap at the moment) the bottom line on the balance book is neutral. It's far better for a country to own it's infrastructure IF it's run properly than constantly bleed cash into PFIs and foreign owned multinationals.

That's the big IF though.

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3