not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

How to dump the share price.

07 Oct 2018, 20:22

Not scaremongering at all. it is my opinion. Aren't I allowed an opinion ?

RM yes have said the divi will be maintained for the time being.

Things can change you know. Things are not set in stone.

I fully expect more profit warning based on negative productivity gains as more and more works slow down on the job and the parcel market comes under more severe pricing pressure.

we will see who are the mugs for selling at 345p ish on 15th OCT.

Are you aware of Corbyns plans ?

Are you aware of the collapse in workers enthusiasm for the job on the shop floor ?

I along with many others can't wait to bail on 15th Oct.

07 Oct 2018, 20:42

we will see who are the mugs for selling at 345p ish on 15th OCT.

If as you state 90% of employees will sell on the 15th October you're very unlikely to get anywhere near 345p a share unless the stock gains about 10-20% between now and then. That kind of volume selling will see the shares sold at a considerable discount to market value.

08 Oct 2018, 16:44

loyalsnail wrote:How are the conspiracy theorists feeling this morning given the company has cancelled the irrevocable sales to give employees a second chance?

it was actually quite refreshing and nice to hear they have given their employees a second chance, so share conspiracy revoked. …..however,.....something else will surely pop up. :Very Happy

08 Oct 2018, 16:52

dancingqueen wrote:I have put my money where my mouth is. I am selling as soon as I can on 15th Oct.

In my local mail centre this morning I asked a lot of workers what their intentions were regarding the shares.

90% are selling on 15th Oct.

Are 90% of RM plc employee's insane for doing so ?

well i'm keeping mine till they reach 8 or 9 quid!! :Very Happy

08 Oct 2018, 18:32

Momo90210 wrote:Never read such nonsense in all my life. I read on another thread somebody saying the shares will fall below 1.00 :crazy: whether we like it or not and regardless of how they treat us this is still a company making 500+ million per year who owns land worth fortunes around the uk and has an infrastructure that gazumps any competitor tenfold. Wait till after christmas when they announce bumper profits and they are back up at mid 4/5 :thumbup

So do you any have idea how the shorter worker week efficiency savings are going to work? Because it would appear you are the only one that does!! The price has gone down because of false profits that’s only going to get worse, there’s no efficiency plans on the way.
Last edited by postmanzach on 08 Oct 2018, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

08 Oct 2018, 18:49

Postmanzach

At last someone talking sense on here.

well done.

08 Oct 2018, 19:01

Business is doing well making 500 million or whatever but that’s not how it works they want more and more and more. It just isn’t possible until there’s new automation which I do believe will happen eventually but it isn’t in the pipeline yet.
Perhaps it’s possible in some offices where they dont have amazon contracts and most posties finish early doing less than 35 already for 39 hours paid but not here on most rounds we go over on heavy days and parcels are rising, so to have less time to do the work means cut offs, and then overtime being booked. AND we get paid more. that’s the opposite of Efficiency! Which means more falls in share price.
Please correct me if I’m wrong. And tbh I’m not being negative as a postie this is looking great more money for less work and more over time opportunities. Bad news for shares though.

08 Oct 2018, 20:48

So you believe the lowest paid members of the food chain (us posties)getting 1 measly hour knocked off our working week has a big impact on the share price? Did you know Rico was paid a £6 million bonus? Or the fact Parcelforce, GLS and all the other spin offs RM own have not been performing quite as they hoped? Don't believe the scaremongering its embarrasing. They issued a profits warning just like so many other companies in this difficult economic time. For a company making more than 10 million a week profit I personally think 3.38 a share is good value but only time will tell

08 Oct 2018, 21:20

I’m saying what they got planned with the the SWW is the opposite of ‘efficiency’ is it not?
They plan on paying us the same wage for for doing 4 hours less work a week, that’s the opposite of productivity.
I’d love to know what there plan is because it makes absolutely no sense to me and anyone I work with.

09 Oct 2018, 04:48

Efficiency is measured in items/work hours, if you reduce the number of work hours on paper you increase efficiency. It's a simple formula. Unfortunately what's happened in the last 6 months is that the items have also decreased far more significantly than they expected. Whether that's a long-term trend or just a blip due to Brexit and GDPR is up for debate.

09 Oct 2018, 08:38

Ah right I see so it doesn’t matter how much we get paid? I thought they would factor that in.
Doesn’t matter as we can’t physically improve ‘efficiency’ the way they’d like untill new automation comes along to make a major impact on the time it takes to get out the door.
Perhaps other offices are different, be we have just about reached peak productivity here imo can’t see it changing till new automation comes along to sort and throw off the Mail.

09 Oct 2018, 13:16

daveyeff wrote:anybody who didn't see that coming doesn't know Royal Mail. they are noted for this kind of crap. all those shares sold at a piss poor rate will be snapped up cheaply by their goons and cronies, then they'll announce record Christmas profits and the shares will shoot back up.

sold my shares two years ago because I knew RM would pull this kind of stunt. Even though it was taxed it worked out better for me as the price was 500p

09 Oct 2018, 14:22

Doesn’t matter as we can’t physically improve ‘efficiency’ the way they’d like untill new automation comes along

The whole system of using items/hour as a measure of productivity is flawed, the item "weighting" system that's supposed to balance the difference between something like D2D which has a high efficiency level and tracked packets with a low efficiency is supposed to mean that offices can be judged against each other but you also have to take into consideration that a rural office will have a much lower items/work hours than a city centre office, an office that covers LAT items will have it's efficiency affected, offices with a lot of new development, offices that deal with traffic issues, larger merged offices that have a lot of traveling to and from delivery....the list of factors that affect productivity are pretty much endless and difficult to unravel so for Rico to claim that it's down means he must have been consulting the tea leaves.

12 Oct 2018, 19:35

losing an hour a week is 2.5% and times that by 4 is 10%.
Do they think we will be 10% more efficient when they reduce the hours to 35.
No chance

14 Oct 2018, 18:15

The union should be asking for an enquiry into this blatant share collapse. Time to be less efficient as two can play this game RM.

14 Oct 2018, 18:30

rollsnoyce wrote:The union should be asking for an enquiry into this blatant share collapse. Time to be less efficient as two can play this game RM.

WHY what do you expect union to do.

14 Oct 2018, 18:49

The union aren't bothered as they didn't want RM privatised in the first place.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=87931

14 Oct 2018, 20:30

dancingqueen wrote:Postmanzach

At last someone talking sense on here.

well done.

Things may get worse this time next year with another hour off, but long term 5+years it’s surely going to go up. More and more people buy online, the long term future is good for Royal Mail just think they have f’ed it up temporarily.

14 Oct 2018, 20:52

As the letters decrease the USO becomes more expensive to maintain. It's already close to the point where the regulator will have to intervene.

That leaves two options.

1. Water the USO down.
2. Subsidise the USO.

My money is on the former. Monday to Friday letters in urban areas, three days a week for rural areas, All SPDOs.closed and rural collections down to a bare minimum. All within the next 2-3 years.

14 Oct 2018, 20:54

I can't see any of the other 1hr reductions happening, there's no where near enough staff for it to have a hope in hell of working

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4