not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

How to dump the share price.

02 Oct 2018, 16:14

its not when you don't have the money!! the shares ive got were given to me.

02 Oct 2018, 18:18

clashcityrocker wrote:
daveyeff wrote:once you've committed to sell there is no pulling out. hence the ''unexpected'' profit warning announcement, leading to the inevitable plummet.

So how many people have committed to sell? How much are these people (who are they? The illuminati?) actually going to make?
Who is Rico in league with?

Germany!!

02 Oct 2018, 18:37

They had to issue the warning of they would be HEAVILY fined for misleading investors and the city. But they DIDN'T need to issue it at this time. It STINKS and it feels like it was DELIBERATELY done to screw posties even more. I think that a lot of posties will be asking **BRING BACK MOYA** in the months ahead. He is going to pick a fight with the union and try and break it to run RM like GLS with crap wages and conditions. :thumbdown

02 Oct 2018, 18:55

If they had waited until after the potential sell off of around 10% of the company to issue a profit warning they would probably have ended up in the dock.

The question is why wasn't the warning given before the pre-election process started?

02 Oct 2018, 19:38

Navalron wrote:They had to issue the warning of they would be HEAVILY fined for misleading investors and the city. But they DIDN'T need to issue it at this time. It STINKS and it feels like it was DELIBERATELY done to screw posties even more. I think that a lot of posties will be asking **BRING BACK MOYA** in the months ahead. He is going to pick a fight with the union and try and break it to run RM like GLS with crap wages and conditions. :thumbdown

Don't think Rico really knows or appreciates that WE DELIVER LETTERS TOO! And have to do it everywhere 6 days a week. He was fine at GLS but we are a totally different kettle of fish. People called Moya and I don't agree with her renumeration however I'd sooner have her in charge still.

02 Oct 2018, 19:58

Royal Mail shares closed tonight at 355p ish.

Some stockbrokers are saying the shares are now worth 225p-250p max and say the Royal mail business model is finished.

02 Oct 2018, 20:00

stephen500 wrote:Monday morning at 10 am, I made a request to sell my 2013 shares after 15th October, after five years of hard work for Royal Mail. I was about to get a reward for my effort for the company. I was told by an automated voice that this choice was irreversible and I thought well I will take a small chance on some share price fluctuation. Little did I know that, that afternoon our new chief exec, would issue a profits warning, which would see the share price plummet by a third in two days. First of all, many thanks to our new boss for that. Secondly, surely this must be wrong. Can companies issue profit warnings just before a possible 10% sale in the company. If the wrong people know about this, they can hoover up all the shares committed by posties, through the automated selling line and make a huge killing as the price rises over the next few months and years, whilst we have lost money. Whatever, unless the share price rebounds by the 15th, I have lost up to a third. Once again, thanks for that.

Markets are markets and can fluctuate.Anyone giving 2 weeks notice to sell their shares in advance is simply mad especially as the decision is irreversible.

02 Oct 2018, 21:08

What I find strange is the large fluctuations in Share price since the launch , recently they were in demand hence a rising price albeit well under the price I sold my Sharesave shares .
Now a few WTL videos saying all about selling , slot of people know nothing of how Shares work and will sell for an easy life .
I smelt something rotten an now a profits warning ....
I'm keeping mine and investing in the new share deal .
I've made a few quid on RM and other shares and expect to do so here over the long term
Don't we still deliver more parcels than the rest put together ?

02 Oct 2018, 21:13

Parcels are on the up yes but market very competitive and under real pricing pressure.

Letters are in terminal decline.

Royal Mail are ex growth now.

Dividend could easily come under threat. if that is cut the shares will sink much further.

Also Marxist Corbyn could easily re-nationalise at a very low price.

Very risky share.

02 Oct 2018, 21:16

I don't think it was done deliberately to screw posties over, more that RM used the posties as an added bonus. An announcement like that is always good for dropping the price but if there is a surge in selling because of the posties then the price will really drop, essentially mimicking a crash where investors start to sell a ship that is sinking.

03 Oct 2018, 00:13

rambo1 wrote:
stephen500 wrote:Monday morning at 10 am, I made a request to sell my 2013 shares after 15th October, after five years of hard work for Royal Mail. I was about to get a reward for my effort for the company. I was told by an automated voice that this choice was irreversible and I thought well I will take a small chance on some share price fluctuation. Little did I know that, that afternoon our new chief exec, would issue a profits warning, which would see the share price plummet by a third in two days. First of all, many thanks to our new boss for that. Secondly, surely this must be wrong. Can companies issue profit warnings just before a possible 10% sale in the company. If the wrong people know about this, they can hoover up all the shares committed by posties, through the automated selling line and make a huge killing as the price rises over the next few months and years, whilst we have lost money. Whatever, unless the share price rebounds by the 15th, I have lost up to a third. Once again, thanks for that.

You were warned that it would probably be the worse time to sell. Your choice , you live with it I'm afraid, that's the stock markets for you. Every company issuing profit warnings ATM are getting hammered.
I could take any normal fluctuation but our own chief executive providing the hammer blow at the worse possible moment is hard to take. Share increase over whole year wiped out. Add to that the cuts that will follow and the absolute awful pay agreement we will get next time will hurt. They will be back for sick leave and allowances to get back on track

03 Oct 2018, 10:44

Seems to me that, given the last set of reported results were months ago, Directors of Royal Mail are at best, foolish, and at worst incompetent. Issuing a glossy invitation booklet, to sell your free shares (with no option to change the decision) without first checking whether there was any material financial change in the company’s financial position is unbelievably dumb.

This applies just as much if they’d issued a positive note, stating that profits were on-track to beat previous forecasts. People who’d already committed to sell would be equally irritated had that scenario resulted in a jump in the share price!
With the constant daily focus on costs, resources meetings etc, they seriously only knew in the last few days that cost-savings were only going to be less than half of those predicted?
I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but....
Has our new Chief Exec been inspired by the movie The Hudsucker Proxy ??

03 Oct 2018, 14:03

Are we about to have difficult times?

'Royal Mail itself didn’t sound sure. It is “assessing” the pay and pensions deal it agreed with the Communication Workers Union in February to see what is possible. In the meantime, it will “pull every short-term lever” – whatever that means.'

https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... st-savings

03 Oct 2018, 16:49

leolion855 wrote:Are we about to have difficult times?

'Royal Mail itself didn’t sound sure. It is “assessing” the pay and pensions deal it agreed with the Communication Workers Union in February to see what is possible. In the meantime, it will “pull every short-term lever” – whatever that means.'

https://www.theguardian.com/business/ni ... st-savings

We're going to get royally screwed.

03 Oct 2018, 17:20

Again.

03 Oct 2018, 18:08

Is it time to rise up again?

06 Oct 2018, 08:18

How are the conspiracy theorists feeling this morning given the company has cancelled the irrevocable sales to give employees a second chance?

06 Oct 2018, 09:34

Never read such nonsense in all my life. I read on another thread somebody saying the shares will fall below 1.00 :crazy: whether we like it or not and regardless of how they treat us this is still a company making 500+ million per year who owns land worth fortunes around the uk and has an infrastructure that gazumps any competitor tenfold. Wait till after christmas when they announce bumper profits and they are back up at mid 4/5 :thumbup

06 Oct 2018, 17:09

Momo

You are missing the point entirely.

Royal Mail plc is now ex growth. Profits have peaked. No productivity gains.

Letters in terminal decline and parcels growing but under severe pricing pressure.

Have no doubt there will be more profit warnings.

Divi will be cut and sub 100p will happen.

The future is bleak (not my words but some stockbrokers also)

as soon as we get to 15th oct I am out.

"bumper profits at xmas" ??? LOL Go check the broker forecast fella. profits will be £100-£150 LESS than last year. That is all you need to know as to wee RM plc is going.

Also real danger of re-nationalisation with Corbyn in power and he won't be paying anything over 100p mark my words.

06 Oct 2018, 18:45

mark my words.

Why?, they're simplistic drivel.
If it were that easy to predict the path of share prices we would all make a fortune shorting. Rather than waste your (and our) time on here why don't you put your money where your mouth is and short Royal Mail at £3.45, you'll have plenty of takers and you can convince yourself that you're the only sane person in the asylum.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4