not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

02 Oct 2018, 11:10

Its prettt obvious that this announcement is purley to send the share price plummeting just one week before us lot can sell them tax free. This is pretty disgusting from RMG. Remember the 'Share In Sucess'scheme from a few years ago? Look what happened there

oh crap, job cuts

02 Oct 2018, 11:12

Think it’s about time they cut number of DOMS so that it’s is one Dom for say every 4 offices after all what do they really have to do,not a lot. Our DOM :wave does less hours than the part timers and gets paid £40k plus a year. :wave :wave

oh crap, job cuts

02 Oct 2018, 11:18

Most doms& Lino's home for 11 am on Saturday and start same time as us.
Make them work there hours or chop most down to part time the doms,
Lino just don't need get rid off them all.

oh crap, job cuts

02 Oct 2018, 11:32

Why the panic - only shares which most of us got for free anyway !!

The share price is like house prices or football transfers - mostly made up pie in the sky guesswork.

Royal Mail is going nowhere - pretty much business as usual.

oh crap, job cuts

02 Oct 2018, 11:49

dandydon wrote:Why the panic - only shares which most of us got for free anyway !!

The share price is like house prices or football transfers - mostly made up pie in the sky guesswork.

Royal Mail is going nowhere - pretty much business as usual.

I wouldn't take that for granted. We're not govt owned now. If profits are down cutbacks WILL be made.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

02 Oct 2018, 12:32

Hi all,

I am a journalist at the Financial Times and I cover Royal Mail.

I am looking to speak with any employees who were holding onto their shares with the intent of selling them tax-free once the five-year period had expired (i.e. in the next couple of weeks).

Please let me know if you're available to speak today, and I will give you a call.

Thanks,

Michael Pooler (industry reporter at the Financial Times)

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

02 Oct 2018, 16:25

We have a clause in our term of employment that prevents us talking to the press if I recall correctly.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

02 Oct 2018, 18:07

Why would you want to? The FT long ago lost it's reputation for fair and impartial reporting.
What's the headline going to be? "Thousands of posties are p*ssed off" complete with a little pic of some glum-looking postie leaning on his van?
Might as well talk to the S*n.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

02 Oct 2018, 19:17

THE CITY =GREEDY B......S. WHEN 500MILLION IS NOT ENOUGH. THEY WANT YOU TO LOSE YOUR JOB SO THEY. AN BUY ANOTHER BUNCH OF FLATS WHO THEY RENT OUT TO WELFARE TENANTS WHOM YOU PAY THEIR RENT THROUGH YOUR TAX ALL THE WHILE THEY DON'T PAY ANYTHING AS THEY MOSTLY CLAIM NO DOM STATUS ( 67 DAYS OR LESS PER YEAR STAYING IN UK). YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP BUT IT'S TRUE. :arrrghhh

oh crap, job cuts

02 Oct 2018, 20:05

number one wrote:£500m profit and people are panicking? Is that correct?


yes they are as Royal Mail is now ex growth. Profits could easily tumble much much further and this is why the shares have been smashed down.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

04 Oct 2018, 11:52

What I find offensive is the guys at the top blaming declining mail volumes and industrial action threats on the profits. Umm...no it might be the fact £10million or so of packets went missing last year (now you're firing the investigations team so no f**ks given), paying Moya a fatcat leaving present and her full pension, paying the new CEO a fatcat welcome, being fined for providing a s**t service. There's even stories of post boxes getting nicked down South and Royal Mail can't even be bothered replacing them. Absolute clowns in charge.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

04 Oct 2018, 16:45

lala wrote:Anyone who has requested their shares to be sold are going to be a bit grumpy!

I sure am. I knew the share price could fluctuate, but I didn't expect it to be because of my own chief executive.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

04 Oct 2018, 20:33

needadvice wrote:Its prettt obvious that this announcement is purley to send the share price plummeting just one week before us lot can sell them tax free. This is pretty disgusting from RMG. Remember the 'Share In Sucess'scheme from a few years ago? Look what happened there


Do you really think it's being done to spite you personally?

The warning had to come soon. Like this at least the price has a bit of time to recover. If the cut in expected profits announcement came the day before the 5-year sale it'd have been so much worse for you.

Some people need to stop thinking it's been done specifically to target posties.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

04 Oct 2018, 20:36

stephen500 wrote:
lala wrote:Anyone who has requested their shares to be sold are going to be a bit grumpy!

I sure am. I knew the share price could fluctuate, but I didn't expect it to be because of my own chief executive.


If you were happy with the sale procedure stating that your shares would be sold at a discount on market price of at least 5% and potentially 20%+ and chose to sell knowing you wouldn't be getting full price for them then you can hardly complain.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

04 Oct 2018, 20:54

swindonandy wrote:
stephen500 wrote:
lala wrote:Anyone who has requested their shares to be sold are going to be a bit grumpy!

I sure am. I knew the share price could fluctuate, but I didn't expect it to be because of my own chief executive.


If you were happy with the sale procedure stating that your shares would be sold at a discount on market price of at least 5% and potentially 20%+ and chose to sell knowing you wouldn't be getting full price for them then you can hardly complain.


I think those of us who chose to sell had obviously been okay with the potential discount rate at the current share price. It's just the fact that the potential 20% reduction could still apply, only from a much lower starting point!

I understand the point though, there's innumerable risks when shares are involved and they were free in the first place. Its just a pretty bitter pill to swallow and morale amongst posties isn't exactly high as it is.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

05 Oct 2018, 06:23

swindonandy wrote:
needadvice wrote:Its prettt obvious that this announcement is purley to send the share price plummeting just one week before us lot can sell them tax free. This is pretty disgusting from RMG. Remember the 'Share In Sucess'scheme from a few years ago? Look what happened there


Do you really think it's being done to spite you personally?

The warning had to come soon. Like this at least the price has a bit of time to recover. If the cut in expected profits announcement came the day before the 5-year sale it'd have been so much worse for you.

Some people need to stop thinking it's been done specifically to target posties.


It's not necessarily been done to solely and specifically target posties... But I'm in no doubt there will have been a few wry smiles in the boardroom when this announcement was being planned and someone pointed out how the timing of it would effect posties committed to selling.

Don't underestimate the sheer hatred and contempt that senior management hold for the workforce of RM.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

05 Oct 2018, 06:52

swindonandy wrote:
stephen500 wrote:
lala wrote:Anyone who has requested their shares to be sold are going to be a bit grumpy!

I sure am. I knew the share price could fluctuate, but I didn't expect it to be because of my own chief executive.


If you were happy with the sale procedure stating that your shares would be sold at a discount on market price of at least 5% and potentially 20%+ and chose to sell knowing you wouldn't be getting full price for them then you can hardly complain.

I wouldn't complain at the 20% discount (loss), it's the other 30% caused by our chief executive I object too.

Royal Mail post warning on profits and costs sending shares tumbling

05 Oct 2018, 07:45

wacko74 wrote:
swindonandy wrote:
needadvice wrote:Its prettt obvious that this announcement is purley to send the share price plummeting just one week before us lot can sell them tax free. This is pretty disgusting from RMG. Remember the 'Share In Sucess'scheme from a few years ago? Look what happened there


Do you really think it's being done to spite you personally?

The warning had to come soon. Like this at least the price has a bit of time to recover. If the cut in expected profits announcement came the day before the 5-year sale it'd have been so much worse for you.

Some people need to stop thinking it's been done specifically to target posties.


It's not necessarily been done to solely and specifically target posties... But I'm in no doubt there will have been a few wry smiles in the boardroom when this announcement was being planned and someone pointed out how the timing of it would effect posties committed to selling.

Don't underestimate the sheer hatred and contempt that senior management hold for the workforce of RM.


How are you evidencing this hatred? Are you a Senior Manager speaking your own opinion or has a Senior Manager confided in you?

Previous page Next page


Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4