not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pre Election Period for selling shares.

12 Sep 2018, 23:59

I have just found out that Royal Mail employees wanting to sell their free shares on 15th October have to call a "Pre Election Period" phone number advising Equiniti of their intention to sell their shares. The time frame for this is from September 24th to October 12th. If they do this, then they cannot back out and the shares will be sold at a price which could be "significantly lower than when you submitted your pre-election". This to me seems to be warning the big guns who own millions of shares how many are going to be sold on 15th October.

I'm no financial expert, but this seems to be inside information being passed on to those with the big bucks.

13 Sep 2018, 00:28

Haven't heard about this pre election period, but if your right then no one should take part in this. Only sell on a specific day (after checking price) beyond 15th October. Price is likely to fall in first month as people get around to selling. Price could fall further with no Brexit deal. I would say keep shares for small but welcome dividends, sell in three years when amazon expands or whistl gets damages.

13 Sep 2018, 05:29

https://www.myroyalmail.com/free-shares-offer

Five year anniversary of SIP 2013 Free Shares award

15 October 2018 is the five year anniversary of the 2013 Share Incentive Plan (SIP) Free Shares award. This marks the first time eligible employees can sell any of their Free Shares tax-free.

Options for colleagues with SIP 2013 Free Shares

If you want to keep your shares, you don’t need to do anything. You can keep them in the SIP for as long as you are a Royal Mail employee. You will continue to benefit from being a Royal Mail shareholder, including receiving any dividends the Company chooses to pay.
From 15 October 2018, you can choose to sell your SIP 2013 Free Shares without paying any income tax or National Insurance Contributions (NICs). There are some important considerations to think about when deciding whether to sell your SIP 2013 Free Shares.
If you don’t have SIP 2013 Free Shares, but you have SIP 2014, 2015 or 2016 Free Shares, there are also some things you need to know if you are considering selling any of your Free Shares in the next few months.

Eligible employees will shortly receive a home mailing with important information on their options and factors to consider. Click below for soft copies. Please read it carefully before deciding what to do with your shares.

Home mailing for those who hold SIP 2013 free shares
Home mailing for those who hold SIP 2014, 2015 & 2016 free shares only
Home mailing for those who hold SIP 2016 & 2016 free shares only

How to sell your SIP 2013 Free Shares at the first available opportunity

If you want to sell your SIP 2013 Free Shares tax-free at the first available opportunity, you need to tell Equiniti, the Employee Share Scheme Administrator, in advance during the pre-election period.
This will run from 09:00 on Monday 24 September to 16:30 on Friday 12 October 2018. Call the automated Phone Pre-election Service on 0800 012 12 13. You cannot submit your instruction online during this period.
Everyone who takes part in the pre-election period will sell their shares at the same price. You will not know what that share price is until after the shares have been sold, as the shares will not be sold in real time. As a result, your shares could be sold at a price that is significantly lower than when you submitted your pre-election.
Once you have submitted your instruction, you will not be able to change your mind.

SIP 2015 Free Shares – another important date

5 October 2018 is the third anniversary of the SIP 2015 Free Shares award. This marks the point at which you can sell your SIP 2015 Free Shares, but you will need to pay income tax and NICs.
If you hold any SIP 2013 or SIP 2014 Free Shares, there are important factors to be aware of when deciding whether you want to sell your SIP 2015 Free Shares, and when. These include the ‘first in, first out’ policy for selling Free Shares under the SIP rules, and the potential loss of tax benefits. These are covered in more detail in your home mailing.

How the sale will be managed

It may be that the demand to sell SIP 2013 Free Shares from 15 October 2018 means that there are more requests to sell Royal Mail shares than can be processed in an orderly way using our usual process.
There is a range of ways that Equiniti and the brokers could sell the shares that employees request to sell in the pre-election period, and after 15 October 2018. This will also apply to any SIP 2014 or 2015 Free Shares that you request to sell during the period between 16:30 on Friday 12 October 2018 and real time dealing being reinstated.

Depending on market conditions, and in the event that there is a very high number of sell requests in the period up to and from 15 October 2018, the process used could result in employees’ shares being sold at a discount to the prevailing share price at the time. The discount could potentially range from five to 10 per cent. It could be more than that.

Or, if the volume of sell requests is lower, but is still above normal trading volumes, a different process may be used. This could mean that the price you receive for your shares is at a discount to the average share price on the stock market over the period of time during which the shares are sold. Equiniti will use the process they believe is in the best interests of employees selling Free Shares, and of other shareholders.

15 Sep 2018, 15:28

German business interests will be more than willing to buy up RM shares at a cheap price if all posties dump their shares at the earliest opportunity. I would suggest waiting and biding your time. The value of the shares can go up and down but until you actually sell them you haven't lost or gained any money especially as you didn't pay for the free shares.
The SAYE shares are a different matter of course. If the share price started diving towards 3.60 then it would be time to ditch those shares.

15 Sep 2018, 16:30

The booklet we got today talks of a 20% discount on the price they give you if too many people try to sell them, so much for saving on tax and N.I. I wouldn't advise anybody to sell until the dust settles.

15 Sep 2018, 19:26

Is Royal Mail and their partners trying to profiteer from the sale of 'our' free shares?
It seems to me that the sale of shares is being bundled up and sold to make a profit for the companies involved.
The use of the word discount should be replaced by reduction..
The 'best price' maybe is not the best price if you could sell them yourself on the open market!

15 Sep 2018, 19:47

That's what I was thinking aswell.

I can understand there might be a high number of posties wanting to sell and bundling them altogether will help Equiniti. But it might also mean us getting a lower price.

Personally i wasn't planning on selling on the 15th October anyway, but this just gives me another reason to hold onto them for a bit longer.

16 Sep 2018, 11:57

If a load of any type of shares are available on the market to buy then others wishing to buy can make lower bids to buy them. So if loads of Postie's decide to sell at the earliest date they won't get a very good return.

16 Sep 2018, 20:50

I wouldnt hold out much hope whatever you choose to do. There is no guarantee that real time selling will return back to normal. In fact...as soon as the price rockets up....lots of people will pull the triggar and try to sell them...which means that they will withdraw real time selling as there are too many people selling at once. So we basically do not have much choice...we will not get a great price. It seems like the majority of people will be holding on while the dust settles so i dont expect we will be able to act upon a temporart rocket in share price due to the liklihood of demand to sell them so either it will be first come first serve until the first lot of sales have been made by which the shares will have come back down.

17 Sep 2018, 18:17

If everyone is silly enough to sell on the 15th and the sp drops by 5% I've got 10k waiting to jump in and make a quick £500 that week when the sp rebounds. :dance

21 Sep 2018, 09:08

RobertT wrote:That's what I was thinking aswell.

I can understand there might be a high number of posties wanting to sell and bundling them altogether will help Equiniti. But it might also mean us getting a lower price.

Personally i wasn't planning on selling on the 15th October anyway, but this just gives me another reason to hold onto them for a bit longer.

RobertT, I'm not planning to sell anytime soon either.. However, to tie-in with another thread, if I were planning to sell, a transfer of shares out of the SIP to another broker does strike me as having one huge advantage:'you will know the price in real-time, and can thus make an informed choice as to the price you will receive!!!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1