not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

MRM.COM : New employee share plan opens Friday 27 July

18 Sep 2018, 13:27

Hawkey99 wrote:Can you still join the scheme....?

Yes!

And if so how..

It tells you in the booklet you got a few weeks ago. I'm sure there's a 'soft copy' on myroyalmail somewhere, if you've lost yours.

25 Oct 2018, 08:30

westy23 wrote:Have I understood it correctly that as I am over 60 I could in theory retire 6 months into the share plan and take them all tax exempt?

..Only if you are retired through the ill health scheme..if you volunteer to retire,then you will pay tax and nics.

25 Oct 2018, 13:52

cantonkid1955 wrote:
westy23 wrote:Have I understood it correctly that as I am over 60 I could in theory retire 6 months into the share plan and take them all tax exempt?

..Only if you are retired through the ill health scheme..if you volunteer to retire,then you will pay tax and nics.

That is wrong! Have a read of the partnership and matching booklet, where it says:

Employee who leaves due to one of the following circumstances. This makes you a ‘tax exempt leaver’:

You have an injury or disability which means you can no longer do your job
You are made redundant
You retire in line with our current policy on retirement for the purposes of the SIP (see frequently asked questions)
The part of the company or business you work for is sold or transferred
You die

And the FAQ's:

How do you define ‘retirement’ for the purpose of tax exemption when leaving Royal Mail?

This is currently defined as ‘resignation aged 60 or over’. Please check with HR Services for the latest definition of retirement, if you are planning on retiring soon.

Previous page Next page

Page 7 of 7   1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7