not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

MRM.COM : New employee share plan opens Friday 27 July

02 Aug 2018, 21:46

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle Forget Turkeys voting for Christmas, this scheme gets them to buy the cranberry sauce and sharpen the carving knife;Never fails to amaze me how venal some folks are and how thick others are.

02 Aug 2018, 21:46

:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle Forget Turkeys voting for Christmas, this scheme gets them to buy the cranberry sauce and sharpen the carving knife;Never fails to amaze me how venal some folks are and how thick others are.

05 Aug 2018, 08:22

I'm thinking of doing A fiver A week. what do you people think? :nana

05 Aug 2018, 10:40

shearminator wrote:I'm thinking of doing A fiver A week. what do you people think? :nana

If you're going to do it then make sure it's enough to get you your 2 free shares per month, you need to but 10 shares per month to get this.

05 Aug 2018, 11:00

BELIAL wrote::chuckle :chuckle :chuckle Forget Turkeys voting for Christmas, this scheme gets them to buy the cranberry sauce and sharpen the carving knife;Never fails to amaze me how venal some folks are and how thick others are.

Can you back up your statements with some facts and figures to show why this is such a bad deal for any employees taking part? (Genuine question)

05 Aug 2018, 15:14

wacko74 wrote:
BELIAL wrote::chuckle :chuckle :chuckle Forget Turkeys voting for Christmas, this scheme gets them to buy the cranberry sauce and sharpen the carving knife;Never fails to amaze me how venal some folks are and how thick others are.

Can you back up your statements with some facts and figures to show why this is such a bad deal for any employees taking part? (Genuine question)

Not exactly facts and figures but the big boys think they're going to fall (and they're the only winners in this game):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/market ... cheap.html

but you could look at it as an opportunity to buy into a share that you can't sell out of in a drama without being punished financially
by having to pay back the income tax, NIC and dealing charges on a small shareholding that might be worth a lot less than you bought if for.

Personally if I wanted to invest more I'd pay more pension AVC - more diversification and you get similar income tax/NIC savings and
if you dig down hard enough into what your pension is invested in some of it will no doubt already be invested in RMG as it's a FTSE 100 company.

05 Aug 2018, 23:02

wacko74 wrote:

Simple reality.
All of RM profit is extracted from from it's workforce. IF RM had zero employees it would cease to function and would make no profit.
To make more profit ,boost the share price and enhance the dividend RM must extract more returns from it's workforce.
If you want longer walks ;more lapsing ;treble prepping ;management bullying off the scale ,this is the scheme for you.

No such thing as a free lunch,unless you are an old Etonian

06 Aug 2018, 16:05

claretandblue wrote:
shearminator wrote:I'm thinking of doing A fiver A week. what do you people think? :nana

If you're going to do it then make sure it's enough to get you your 2 free shares per month, you need to but 10 shares per month to get this.

ok thanks not sure I can do the £23 pound a week as I'm soon to be a first time house buyer :Very Happy I have all the other shares since privatisation and I just missed the boat when it all started as RM cut my hours so I got pro rata

06 Aug 2018, 16:21

BELIAL wrote:
wacko74 wrote:

Simple reality.
All of RM profit is extracted from from it's workforce. IF RM had zero employees it would cease to function and would make no profit.
To make more profit ,boost the share price and enhance the dividend RM must extract more returns from it's workforce.
If you want longer walks ;more lapsing ;treble prepping ;management bullying off the scale ,this is the scheme for you.

Or are Canadian or a German who lives in Switzerland!

06 Aug 2018, 16:55

BELIAL wrote:
wacko74 wrote:

Simple reality.

I'm afraid this is reality of being a business you have to constantly improve or go under.
There is nothing ethically or morally wrong from profiting from this scheme it is your choice as an individual whether or not you take part.
Emotional blackmail isn't the most persuasive of arguments.

06 Aug 2018, 21:17

milly wrote:
BELIAL wrote:
wacko74 wrote:

Simple reality.

I'm afraid this is reality of being a business you have to constantly improve or go under.
There is nothing ethically or morally wrong from profiting from this scheme it is your choice as an individual whether or not you take part.

Sorry ,can't spot any emotional blackmail stuff in my post.
Likewise can't say I notice any ethical or moral judgement,it is what it is and you decide what's for you.
Your definition of "improve or go under" might need some explanation and delineation though.Is cutting the Employees wages ;pensions ,and increasing their workload "an improvement"?

06 Aug 2018, 22:01

Belial, I think this statement counts as emotional blackmail"If you want longer walks ;more lapsing ;treble prepping ;management bullying off the scale ,this is the scheme for you" from this statement I can only conclude that you think it is morally and ethically wrong to join this scheme.
Also I am not aware that we have had a pay cut,however I will concede that the mismanagement of our pension is a disgrace and Royal Mail,CWU and the Pension trustees ought to hang their heads in shame.
I don't think it is a difficult concept to grasp that in a capitalist system you have to improve services to attract business to then make profits.
Last edited by milly on 07 Aug 2018, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

07 Aug 2018, 07:12

If you put in £23 a week how many shares will you get?

07 Aug 2018, 11:25

swoosta wrote:If you put in £23 a week how many shares will you get?

depends on the price of the shares.

07 Aug 2018, 16:17

milly wrote:........There is nothing ethically or morally wrong from profiting from this scheme it is your choice as an individual whether or not you take part.

Depends on your point of view - it could be said that the sell off/privatisation of an organisation that had been 'owned' by the tax paying public (via the Govt.) for hundreds of years was/is morally wrong - monies that would have gone to the public purse to help fund NHS, education, pothole fixing etc. now going to shareholders all over the
world.

"The privatisation of Royal Mail is open theft of assets that have been owned and controlled by the public for hundreds of years. This is part of a systematic attack on the way we rely on each other and I hope the Labour Party will make it clear we will re-acquire the postal service when we come to power after the next election."

Tony Benn (Postmaster General 1964-66).

Previous page Next page

Page 5 of 7   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7