not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

MRM.COM : New employee share plan opens Friday 27 July

23 Jul 2018, 23:33

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/0 ... share-plan

Partnership & Matching is a new employee benefit, offering eligible colleagues a flexible and tax advantaged way to invest in Royal Mail shares.

The first application period opens at 9am this Friday 27 July and runs to Friday 17 August.

If you want to start investing as soon as possible, you need to apply by Friday 17 August:

If you apply by 17 August, the first deductions from your pay will start in September and your first shares will be bought in October. You can also apply at any time after this date.

More information

Eligible colleagues will receive a home mailing from this Friday 27 July with detailed information on the new offer, terms and conditions, and how to apply.

If you have any questions on the application process, you can call the Employee Shares helpline on 0800 012 12 13.

Owning shares is not for everyone. Before deciding, you may want to get independent financial advice. Royal Mail and Equiniti, the scheme administrator, cannot provide this advice.

23 Jul 2018, 23:36

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/0 ... p-matching

We are introducing a new employee benefit for all eligible Royal Mail colleagues.

Partnership & Matching is a new element of our Royal Mail Share Incentive Plan (SIP) and offers a flexible and tax advantaged way to invest in Royal Mail shares.

How it works:

You can invest from £1 up to £100 a month from your gross (pre-tax) pay. If you are paid weekly, you can invest up to £23.07 a week*
Your investment is used to buy shares in Royal Mail plc every month, which are placed in the Royal Mail Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
For every five shares you buy (‘Partnership Shares’), the Company will give you one ‘Matching Share’ for free, up to a maximum of two Matching Shares per month
You can stop, restart or change your investment at any time
If you keep your shares for five years, you can sell them without having to pay any income tax or National Insurance Contributions (NICs).

Partnership & Matching offers these benefits:

Tax benefits: it costs you less to buy shares from your gross (pre-tax) pay i.e. before income tax and NICs are deducted, as long as you keep them for five years.
You get Matching Shares for free.
Your shares will qualify for any future dividends that Royal Mail chooses to pay.

Remember: any investment you make in shares is a risk. Share prices can go down as well as up. You could lose your investment.

Who is eligible?

All employees of Royal Mail Group Limited with more than 12 months’ continuous service.

Look out for your home mailing

Eligible colleagues will receive a home mailing from Friday 27 July with detailed information on the new offer, terms and conditions and how to apply. For a soft copy of the booklet...
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... 0FINAL.pdf

For details of how and when to apply, see post above

*The amount you invest in any tax year through Partnership & Matching cannot be more than £1,200, or if lower, 10% of your gross (pre-tax) pay in any tax year.

Owning shares is not for everyone. Before deciding, you may want to get independent financial advice. Royal Mail and Equiniti, the scheme administrator, cannot provide this advice.

24 Jul 2018, 15:20

I'm guessing it's more beneficial to buy 10 a month so you can get 2 free on top of this.

24 Jul 2018, 16:18

Looks a good thing .its a way to getting free money Even better if the shares were sold to us at a discount.

24 Jul 2018, 19:47

I'm not so convinced this time I did the maximum share save and did very well out of it!

This is more about saving Royal Mail National Insurance plus no discount like last time plus a much higher share price now...

Then factor in 5 years till no tax or national insurance

It's a no from me

24 Jul 2018, 21:06

At long last, a new SIP ... Although doesn't look as appealing as the first.

Good points:
  1. Tax benefits due to purchase coming from gross pay
  2. Extra 'matching' share per five bought
Bad points:
  1. Shares bought at market value at time of purchase
  2. Each purchase ties you in for five years

Tough one to call.

25 Jul 2018, 06:52

I am in for 10 shares a month.

25 Jul 2018, 10:31

I take it if you are contributing the max into an AVC it won't be that beneficial as you will drop out of PSE if you join this share scheme.

25 Jul 2018, 16:06

milly wrote:I take it if you are contributing the max into an AVC it won't be that beneficial as you will drop out of PSE if you join this share scheme.

My understanding from the info in the booklet, is that you get the same tax and NI perks as paying into the RM pension and AVC's. So you benefit from tax relief and salary sacrifice(PSE) as each gross payment of £100 only actually costs you £68.

Therefore it probably would tip you over the PSE limit if you're already maxing that out via AVC's.

25 Jul 2018, 16:57

So if I buy 10. Share a month example price per share £5 so instead of cost Me £50 cost me only around £35??? (tax and national insurance). Plus 2 shares free as well.

25 Jul 2018, 18:02

koolishy67 wrote:So if I buy 10. Share a month example price per share £5 so instead of cost Me £50 cost me only around £35??? (tax and national insurance). Plus 2 shares free as well.

£34 I would think, though at a guess you may also need to factor in stamp duty on the share purchases. (Though given stamp duty is a mahoosive 0.5% it's not going to make a huge difference.)

I would have preferred to have a fresh SAYE "shave save" scheme every year, but it's a cautious "Yes" from me for this scheme though I'll likely only sign up to an amount that will result in a single share purchase every month (obviously this is dependent upon the performance of the Royal Mail's share price, but I'm reckoning on about £1.50/week) so a "free" share every 5 months. Granted that amount's not going to make me rich, but most of my share purchasing (almost all of it in fact) is of other companies and I wouldn't want too much of my net-worth tied up with RMG.L shares anyway.

25 Jul 2018, 18:33

All the info is in the booklet, including on page 6 the tax advantages of the scheme and on page 4: there are no fees to pay when buying the shares.

There is a link to all the info in another post in this thread, but here it is again: https://www.myroyalmail.com/partnershipandmatching

And here's the booklet: https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... 0FINAL.pdf

25 Jul 2018, 21:34

not heard of this and received any info on this either and it start Friday ? another well thought out plan ,

25 Jul 2018, 22:08

The holding period really is a killer. If selling before three years, you lose free 'matching' shares, between three and five years and you pay tax on both sets of shares. What's more, is each months shares are their own exclusive batch, so shares bought in Oct'18 won't be tax free from sale until Oct'23; shares purchased Nov'18, tax free Nov'23. Anyone else see this as a hurdle or am I the only one? :hmmmm

Opting in and then beginning to sell the first batch of free shares come October is always an option - selling an equal amount from the free shares as the shares bought per month from the SIP.

The big question would be 'where do you see yourself in five years time?' :nervous

25 Jul 2018, 22:40

Have I understood it correctly that as I am over 60 I could in theory retire 6 months into the share plan and take them all tax exempt?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 7   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7