ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

GBP 5.25

07 Feb 2018, 13:15

Sell or hold???????????!

£5.25

07 Feb 2018, 13:19

Sell and buy my new ecurrency. It's called Fishycash.

£3,000 will buy you a million fishcoins. The only way is up.

GBP 5.25

07 Feb 2018, 14:27

Only you can make that choice.

Being relatively young, and in the process of opening an investment portfolio, I'll hold out for another dividend, then possibly sell some and redistribute across assets.

Despite being on the front line of Royal Mail, the quick selling of shares ( in my opinion ) was hasty, and I'm surprised many more people did not get on board with the share save scheme. I can't see the share price taking another plummet any time soon. The current pensions proposal could throw a spanner in the works regarding the price, but in the long term, I can't see it being a problem. Unless you bought shares with your own money, then it's still free money.

Edit:
4.58% yield is a pretty decent R.O.I, and beats any savings accounts, current accounts, or ISA's.

GBP 5.25

07 Feb 2018, 14:52

koolishy67 wrote:Sell or hold???????????!

Same boat here but just with the SAYE ones which gave me 590. I’ve no intention to keep those forever, just want to make a nice profit on them.
Last edited by spiderman on 15 Feb 2018, 23:23, edited 2 times in total.

GBP 5.25

07 Feb 2018, 20:07

Is it correct that if you sell your shares online Equiniti take a minimum of £45 commission?

GBP 5.25

09 Feb 2018, 16:24

XCHpostie wrote:Is it correct that if you sell your shares online Equiniti take a minimum of £45 commission?

No they charge £12.50 well that’s what I was charged .

GBP 5.25

10 Feb 2018, 07:08

Personally I'd hold for now.

With the way the ''gig economy'' is hopefully being targeted it could result in many of our competitors suddenly finding they can't be quite so competitive when they have to start improving the T&C's and pay of their largely ''self employed'' work force

£5.25

10 Feb 2018, 22:11

fishtank wrote:Sell and buy my new ecurrency. It's called Fishycash.

£3,000 will buy you a million fishcoins. The only way is up.

Sounds great. But even if fishcoins were cryptograhically secured, decentralised, censorship resistant .... and even if they were compatible with the lightning network (10's of thousands of transfers per second - compared to 24k per second for Visa) and smart contracts (RSK) ... they still wouldn't be first to market.

Hold Royal Mail at £5.25 - sell fish at 10 a penny.

GBP 5.25

11 Feb 2018, 21:37

Its free money. REALLY. After all the f***ing about with terms and conditions, part time staff not getting what they should be due for holiday pay, bonus ect, ect all the bullshit that yous now need to go through just to get paid for what you've done, being treated like crap by youngsters just out of university who never even did a paper round, being told to get your area back to work before fit enough through sickness or even loss of partner ect. The list goes on and on. And if you think all that's worth a couple of grand, to get shafted for the rest of your time with RM then good luck to you. The mail centres that are left are being more and more casulised with angard and within 7 years will be all angard on temp rolling contracts. Why do you think that they done away with having to wear your uniforms or even have one in the mail centres. Its so that the union doesn't know from shift to shift who's full time, part time angaurd or casual. The DOs are mainly 55% full time now compared to87% only 9 years ago. I don't know why I bother as I've left but I'm only 49 still work and hate to see what's happened to a lot of my ex work mates. The union needs to get a grip. Sorry for the rant.

GBP 5.25

12 Feb 2018, 21:05

Alexei wrote:Only you can make that choice.

Being relatively young, and in the process of opening an investment portfolio, I'll hold out for another dividend, then possibly sell some and redistribute across assets.

Despite being on the front line of Royal Mail, the quick selling of shares ( in my opinion ) was hasty, and I'm surprised many more people did not get on board with the share save scheme. I can't see the share price taking another plummet any time soon. The current pensions proposal could throw a spanner in the works regarding the price, but in the long term, I can't see it being a problem. Unless you bought shares with your own money, then it's still free money.

Edit:
4.58% yield is a pretty decent R.O.I, and beats any savings accounts, current accounts, or ISA's.

I would hold for now, if rmg did as well as it has done this last week against a near 10% drop across world markets, it is in favour in the city at the moment. Just keep an ear to the ground regards any mood towards the new offer vote. If that returns a no vote the SP will drop for sure. With regards to the free shares being 'free money' ,well thats a blinkered approach as whatever they are worth is now YOUR money. YOUR money to gain, and YOURS to lose. Yes you didn't pay for it, but it IS NOW YOURS. Think about it. If you're getting into shares my one bit of advice is, don't mess with AIM shares, but build a solid portfolio of big FTSE companies that pay good solid dividend yields. RDSB, BP, PSN, BDEV, MKS is a very cheap price atm. There are some bargains to be had ATM. Don't worry if the SP goes down a bit after you buy, look long term and don't be afraid to sell either when in profit, don't get too greedy. If you are relatively young and do it right and don't get greedy, you could look at retiring by 55. I would say though, don't sink more than 50% of your wealth into the stock market, keep 50% in cash as safe money (although it is devaluing relative to inflation at today's miserly savers rates) .GL mate.

GBP 5.25

13 Feb 2018, 22:51

Sold SAYE this wk , maybe could have waited but if it's a no vote in upcoming Ballot we could see a big drop imho.
The " Free " shares are my long term investment

GBP 5.25

20 Feb 2018, 21:49

When October comes around loads of staff will be cashing out their tax free shares, would we get as much for them then or would it be better taking a hit of 32% deducted of the total?

GBP 5.25

21 Feb 2018, 06:49

anthonyok wrote:When October comes around loads of staff will be cashing out their tax free shares, would we get as much for them then or would it be better taking a hit of 32% deducted of the total?

When you sell your free shares before the 5 year deadline, the money is paid via your wages and taxed accordingly.

The headline rate of deductions when selling them is 20% income tax and 12% National Insurance. But those that have already sold have found that they actually pay less NI. That’s because the rate drops to 2% if you earn over a certain amount in any one week.
Therefore the overall NI rate you pay will be less than 12%.

Details of NI rates are here.

At a guess and based on todays price of £5.56, I would say the price would have to be lower than around £4.00 in October, to make selling them now a better deal.

GBP 5.25

21 Feb 2018, 13:16

When they are tax free how do they get paid? Directly to your bank or through your wages?

GBP 5.25

21 Feb 2018, 13:22

As far as I know the sale proceeds will get paid directly to your bank account in the same way as dividends do.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2