ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Eligible employees received their interim dividend on Wednesday 10 Jan

12 Jan 2018, 16:48

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2018/0 ... m-dividend

On Wednesday 10 January, all eligible employees with Royal Mail shares received their interim dividend payment.

The Board declared an interim dividend of 7.7p per share.

Eligible full-time employees who have received 913 Free Shares have been paid an interim dividend of around £70. In total, these employees have received more than £714 (before tax) in dividend payments since privatisation.*

Eligible part-time employees will receive an interim dividend based on their pro-rata allocation of Free Shares.

*Up until 28 July 2017, eligible full-time employees with the maximum allocation of 913 Free Shares have received almost £645 (before tax) in dividends. They each received around £70 on 10 January 2018.

12 Jan 2018, 17:07

yep got my letter yesterday have not checked the bank yet so cannot confirm if it is in there yet.

13 Jan 2018, 00:09

k979aaa wrote:yep got my letter yesterday have not checked the bank yet so cannot confirm if it is in there yet.

Mine went in £70.31 on the 10th.

13 Jan 2018, 19:24

Don't spend it all at once :roll:

15 Jan 2018, 19:18

Whoopee, this equates to approx £170 a year or just over £3 a week or less than half an hours overtime per week, and for what. The loss of thousands of pounds off of your pension.

15 Jan 2018, 23:09

You forget to mention the free shares which are currently worth over £4000 and do you really believe our pension would be better and more secure if it hadn’t been taken over by the government under privatisation

16 Jan 2018, 00:43

Part of the pension has been taken over by the tax payer, not the government. The government sold the company off at a massive discount in order that their buddies could make mass profits. In turn your new pension is based on a career average which means the value of it is worth far less than remaining in the final salary scheme that was taken over by the tax payer. Your bribe of a few shares ok worh £4k now does not anywhere near make up for what has been lost within a career average scheme. When you eventually move in to another scheme under the current review that is going on you will lose more again. I am not gloating, I feel extremely sorry for you guys who will not benefit from the better pensions that us who have already retired are benefiting from. It just makes me sick to look at the Royal Mail propaganda machine making it look like the dividends that you are receiving are making a vast difference to your overall pay rewards.

16 Jan 2018, 01:38

Read what I said do you think our pension would have been better or more secure without privatisation bearing in made the huge deficit we had and you talk about final salary pension that stopped in 2008 nothing to do with being privatised

16 Jan 2018, 13:38

In my opinion it would have been just as secure if not more so. Your pension benefits were never going to be not paid whilst under public ownership. It would have been political suicide. Privatisation allowed the Tory government to take in to public ownership the 30 odd billion of assetts in the Final Salary Scheme, much of which was used to make it look like the Tories had reduced the national deficit.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1