ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Dividend from SAYE

11 Jan 2018, 18:55

We were told if we sold our SAYE before 24th November we'd receive a dividend from those shares, are we getting that still? I received my dividend yesterday but that was for my normal shares account, no sign of any extra from the SAYE. Any ideas?

Dividend from SAYE

11 Jan 2018, 19:22

We were told that you had to ‘submit your instruction’ to buy your SAYE shares by 24th November to qualify for the dividend. Although the actual buying of the shares didn’t take place until 1st December.

I chose to put my SAYE shares into the nominee account along with some RM shares I bought when the company was first privatised, and I re-invest my dividends. According to my online account, that re-investment took place yesterday(10/1/18).

I assume you’ll get your SAYE dividends paid into your bank account in the next day or 2, if it’s not in there already. Or else you'll get a cheque by post.

Dividend from SAYE

11 Jan 2018, 19:37

RobertT wrote:We were told that you had to ‘submit your instruction’ to buy your SAYE shares by 24th November to qualify for the dividend. Although the actual buying of the shares didn’t take place until 1st December.

I chose to put my SAYE shares into the nominee account along with some RM shares I bought when the company was first privatised, and I re-invest my dividends. According to my online account, that re-investment took place yesterday(10/1/18).

I assume you’ll get your SAYE dividends paid into your bank account in the next day or 2, if it’s not in there already. Or else you'll get a cheque by post.

I got my dividends from my SAYE shares at the time, albeit in a separate transaction, as the dividends from my "free" shares. I may be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!) but I seem to recall giving them a dividend instruction within the account for my SAYE shares? If I'm right and the OP hadn't done that, then I'd expect them to be getting a cheque in the post?

Dividend from SAYE

11 Jan 2018, 19:50

The dividends from the free shares are automatically sent to the same bank account as our wages are.
But whether the dividends from the SAYE shares are treated the same or we specifically have to tell them how we want them paid, I’m not too sure.
Either way, if you submitted your instruction before 24th November you should be getting the dividend one way or another.

Dividend from SAYE

11 Jan 2018, 21:33

I got all three letters on the same day as payment - the free ones, the ones I bought and the SAYE.

Dividend from SAYE

11 Jan 2018, 22:37

I think you still had to own the shares on December 8th to get the dividend

Dividend from SAYE

12 Jan 2018, 06:42

Driver74 wrote:I think you still had to own the shares on December 8th to get the dividend

Yes, that's correct! :thumbup

So if you failed to submit your instruction by 24th November or you chose buy and sell straight away(or between 1-8 Dec), you obviously won't get any dividend from your SAYE shares.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1