ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 14:18

So ive logged into the shareview page on equinity to check what's happening, and low and behold the SAYE share is missing. I take it they have been sold? I thought I read somewhere that if share prices were lower than the day before, that the sale would not go through. Anyone know what's happening? Ta

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 14:40

Jupitor5 wrote:So ive logged into the shareview page on equinity to check what's happening, and low and behold the SAYE share is missing. I take it they have been sold?

I’ve just checked online and my SAYE shares have been transferred from ‘sharesave’ into my nominee account as per my instructions. :thumbup

If you’ve elected to buy and then sell straight away, then you may already have your money in your bank account? Or should have in the next few days.

I thought I read somewhere that if share prices were lower than the day before, that the sale would not go through. Anyone know what's happening? Ta

The sale would only not go through if the actual share price was lower than the option price of £3.60. At the time of writing this the actual price is £4.24.

Full details are in the SAYE maturity booklet available to view here.

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 14:53

RobertT wrote:
Jupitor5 wrote:So ive logged into the shareview page on equinity to check what's happening, and low and behold the SAYE share is missing. I take it they have been sold?

I’ve just checked online and my SAYE shares have been transferred from ‘sharesave’ into my nominee account as per my instructions. :thumbup

If you’ve elected to buy and then sell straight away, then you may already have your money in your bank account? Or should have in the next few days.

I thought I read somewhere that if share prices were lower than the day before, that the sale would not go through. Anyone know what's happening? Ta

The sale would only not go through if the actual share price was lower than the option price of £3.60. At the time of writing this the actual price is £4.24.

Full details are in the SAYE maturity booklet available to view here.

It's not in my bank account. Did you just have your savings returned?

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 14:59

Jupitor5 wrote:It's not in my bank account. Did you just have your savings returned?

No I chose option 1 in the maturity booklet, which is to buy the shares and have then transferred into my nominee account(I already had that from buying my own shares when RM was first privatised). I can then choose to sell them whenever I want to, while picking up a dividend or two in the meantime.

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 16:07

RobertT wrote:
Jupitor5 wrote:It's not in my bank account. Did you just have your savings returned?

No I chose option 1 in the maturity booklet, which is to buy the shares and have then transferred into my nominee account(I already had that from buying my own shares when RM was first privatised). I can then choose to sell them whenever I want to, while picking up a dividend or two in the meantime.

Happy days. Let the dividends roll in :Very Happy
Shares trading at £4.24 so what a good week too : :Very Happy

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 16:28

How do you find out how much they sold for? Would the share price at the opening of the market be used? They've disappeared out of my Shares account with no information at all.

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 17:42

Bluesman wrote:How do you find out how much they sold for? Would the share price at the opening of the market be used? They've disappeared out of my Shares account with no information at all.

Interesting that the shares dropped immediately (to just under 425p) on the opening of the markets as they were approx 442p at the close of trading yesterday. When I came in today I thought that the mediators report had been published!

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 17:58

BeamishStout wrote:
Bluesman wrote:How do you find out how much they sold for? Would the share price at the opening of the market be used? They've disappeared out of my Shares account with no information at all.

Interesting that the shares dropped immediately (to just under 425p) on the opening of the markets as they were approx 442p at the close of trading yesterday. When I came in today I thought that the mediators report had been published!

The drop was down to some City types downgrading their target price for the company:

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 38&t=83081

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 40&t=83074

SAYE maturity today!!

01 Dec 2017, 23:00

I would expect that those who elected to convert into shares and have them sold immediately would not receive the money until Tuesday 5th December. The usual settlement process of '2 business days later', as with with any other sale / purchase of shares on the London Stock Market, would apply, RobertT ?

SAYE maturity today!!

02 Dec 2017, 14:26

You may well be correct! This is taken from the SAYE maturity booklet:
Dates for your diary

Week beginning 4 December 2017

Colleagues who chose repayment of savings, or the option to exercise and sell their SAYE shares before 24 November 2017 cut-off date will receive proceeds in their bank account.

SAYE maturity today!!

05 Dec 2017, 17:47

What option do i go with (1 or 2) if i want to just put the saye shares with the shares i already got at royal mail(free ones)?
Seems like one and two are almost the same?

SAYE maturity today!!

05 Dec 2017, 19:18

postypie wrote:What option do i go with (1 or 2) if i want to just put the saye shares with the shares i already got at royal mail(free ones)?
Seems like one and two are almost the same?

There isn’t an option to do that as such because the free shares are in a Share Incentive Plan(SIP), and have various constraints attached to them. But when each 5 year anniversary of the free shares is reached you should be able to transfer them into the nominee account, and probably the ISA too!

There are annual charges levied on the ISA, while I believe there isn’t with the nominee account. So for me option 1 is the only one to consider.

SAYE maturity today!!

07 Dec 2017, 08:37

For those of you who would like to know when the SAYE will be payed, check your bank accounts!!!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1