ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Equinti isa

11 Nov 2017, 17:25

I see that is listed as an option as well as taking the shares and putting them into a RM Nominee Share Service Account. Is the share service account where are free shares currently in? What are the benefits of the ISA over the other account. So far no tax has been taken from the free shares dividend but will that also apply to these purchased shares? Or would that only happen if you used the ISA choice. Also I currently pay into a S&S ISA so would that mean I couldn't get this other ISA as well?

Equinti isa

11 Nov 2017, 18:57

You’re not supposed to pay into more than one ISA of the same kind in any one tax year. So if you’ve already paid into your existing S&S ISA in 2017/18 you shouldn’t be paying into another one.

Our free shares are held in a Share Incentive Plan, which is different to both an ISA and a nominee account.

If you bought RM shares when the company was first privatised via Equiniti, they would have gone into a nominee account, I assume your SAYE shares will go into the same account.

No tax will be payable on the SAYE shares dividends or any other share dividends you may have, unless your total income is over £45k per year.

Equinti isa

11 Nov 2017, 19:02

Thanks Robert!

Equinti isa

11 Nov 2017, 19:26

I have just been reading the terms and conditions and it appears to me that there will be charges incurred to cover the costs of running the ISA and they DO NOT pay any interest at the moment. If I have read this correctly that would mean any investment would slowly reduce in value or you will be billed every six months.

Account type
Investment Account Half yearly administration charge Nil
ISA 0.25%, minimum £10 + VAT, maximum £37.50 + VAT
Administration charges are payable half yearly in advance in April and October. Charges are calculated based on the value of your portfolio
as at the last working day of the previous month. We will inform you by secure message or post when these charges are due.

Equinti isa

14 Nov 2017, 16:56

mr hil. wrote:I have just been reading the terms and conditions and it appears to me that there will be charges incurred to cover the costs of running the ISA and they DO NOT pay any interest at the moment. If I have read this correctly that would mean any investment would slowly reduce in value or you will be billed every six months.

Account type
Investment Account Half yearly administration charge Nil
ISA 0.25%, minimum £10 + VAT, maximum £37.50 + VAT
Administration charges are payable half yearly in advance in April and October. Charges are calculated based on the value of your portfolio
as at the last working day of the previous month. We will inform you by secure message or post when these charges are due.

You won't get 'interest' on a stocks and shares ISA. It's just for buying and selling stocks and shares. If the value of the shares you have in it, decrease, then yes the value of your investment will also decrease. Conversely, if the value of the stock increases then the value in your account will also go up. The difference between a s&s ISA and a normal shares account is that the ISA is not subject to tax whereas the normal shares account is ,so if you sell shares and make a profit of more than£11300 (this tax yr) then you will pay capital gains tax on any amount over this. As Robert says, dividends are now paid tax free up to £5k (I think) and unlimited in the ISA. Hope this helps.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1