ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Save As You Earn scheme purchase of shares.

08 Sep 2017, 09:30

I suppose with the original SAYE scheme giving us the discounted price of £3.90 per share will fail big time now due to the share price being only £3.72 and falling.

Many postmen / Women will be glad of the little battle fund we have built up now to cash in for the oncoming industrial action.

08 Sep 2017, 10:09

Dammit i thought the option price was £3.60.Although that isn't going to make hardly any difference.

08 Sep 2017, 10:10

You can request to withdraw your money saved at any time.

The option price was £3.60 by the way. If the strike is resolved before December I think a return to £4.00-£4.20 a share is likely.

Remember you have 6 months from December in which to execute the option to buy shares as well, so could well improve in that time.

08 Sep 2017, 11:32

Could cash in December at £3.60 then buy shares which will probably cost less than £3.60 at the time. Keep the difference in lieu of strike days and then see a profit as the shares return to £4.20 a year from now. Also get many more shares than at £3.60 so more dividend in lieu of pension losses.

08 Sep 2017, 15:29

The £3.60 option price is fixed. So the price when you come to sell( assuming you buy) is the most important factor.

Assuming the current dispute is resolved to the markets satisfaction, I would expect the share price to rebound from its current lows.

08 Sep 2017, 16:30

I stand corrected... I have just checked and noticed it is £3.60 :oops:

08 Sep 2017, 17:46

The way the share price is going just now is rather concerning. Hopefully everything will be resolved and they will sky rocket! Thankfully, we do have those six months to decide though.

08 Sep 2017, 21:08

There was a great movie 'The Hudsucker Proxy', where the directors of Hudsucker Industries hatched a plan - after the CEO's suicide - to appoint an idiot as new CEO. They hoped to buy shares on the cheap and gain control of the company.
If Moya and co are trying the same, they should bear in mind the idiot invented the Hula Hoop toy, started a craze across the world, and the share price skyrocketed!!!

13 Sep 2017, 15:37

When does the SAYE become payable?

14 Sep 2017, 14:14

You can take your money out of your savings account at any time, but you can’t buy shares until December 2017.

All the details are here: https://www.myroyalmail.com/saye

14 Sep 2017, 14:45

Share price 3.72 at the moment.

15 Sep 2017, 17:15

RobertT wrote:You can take your money out of your savings account at any time, but you can’t buy shares until December 2017.

If it goes sub 360 I'll be taking mine out there's no point otherwise.

15 Sep 2017, 18:07

rambo1 wrote:
RobertT wrote:You can take your money out of your savings account at any time, but you can’t buy shares until December 2017.

If it goes sub 360 I'll be taking mine out there's no point otherwise.

Thats the last thing you should do . . . thats the time to buy more if anything!

15 Sep 2017, 19:17

I think it really depends on how long you intend on keeping your SAYE shares after you’ve bought them.

If the aim is to buy and then sell immediately or fairly soon afterwards, then a share price of near to or lower than £3.60 will mean making a loss. Don’t forget to factor in dealing costs aswell!

But if the aim is to buy and hold them for a while in the hope the price recovers, then it doesn’t really matter what the actual price is when you exercise your option to buy.

Plus, we will have 6 months to decide whether to buy or not, starting on 1st December.

16 Sep 2017, 18:22

RobertT wrote:Plus, we will have 6 months to decide whether to buy or not, starting on 1st December.

If you are correct, it would be good, because by the time we reach 1st June 2018, the pension issue WILL have been resolved, one way or another, because the current scheme IS closing, and there has to be something in place on April 1st to replace it. So the uncertainty weighing the share price down will have lifted.

In my opinion, if you truly believe the share price will be higher then than it is now, you really should convert your savings into shares on or around 1st December, not wait until late-May before deciding. Why? Well, the 'record date' to be eligible for the interim dividend (following the half-year results announcement) will follow within a week or so of 1st December, so if you convert to shares early, you'll get a dividend payment of 590 x 7.5p* [£44.25] that you won't get if you delay converting into shares.

Sell the shares you converted into in early July 2018, and you'll have been a shareholder on the 'record date' for eligibility / entitlement to the full-year dividend too, likely to be at least 15.7p*

That's a total of 23.2p in a little over 7 months on shares acquired for 360p

Show me where you can get a 6.44% tax-free return on the high street, and I'll happily withdraw my savings to park them there !

The share price would have to be below 342p for you to have 'lost out' compared to just taking your savings as cash, when you consider the 2 dividend payments, and a dealing cost of say £25.

*assumes maximum amount paid-in (£14.75/week) and only a modest increase from this financial year's dividend payments

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2