ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

if selling shares and leaving RM

10 Jul 2017, 18:01

Hi, if i was considering leaving RM, and i sold my shares do i still have to be with the company until the payment is made or could I sell them, leave 1 week later and would i still get paid after I leave?

Thanks in advance.

10 Jul 2017, 18:06

once you have done the 3 years (paying Tax and NI) or 5 Years (not) the shares are yours and are held in trust. However, when you leave you have to transfer or cash in the shares (the choice is yours) and you will have to pay commission, tax and NI for the ones over 3 years, just commission on the ones over 5 years old.

But you will forfeit any that have not passed their 3 year anniversary from when issued and yes anyone who has been here since the shares were issued will have some.

Retirement or redundancy will mean you keep or can sell all even the ones under 3 years

10 Jul 2017, 18:14

Thanks for response but i meant something different,
I want to know that if i make the call and sell shares let's say tommorrow, And i also hand in 1 week notice to leave Royal Mail, if my week is up and i leave, And payment has not completed, Will I still receive money after leaving, or would i have to receive the money, And then hand in my notice to leave.

10 Jul 2017, 18:29

brasseye wrote:Thanks for response but i meant something different,
I want to know that if i make the call and sell shares let's say tommorrow, And i also hand in 1 week notice to leave Royal Mail, if my week is up and i leave, And payment has not completed, Will I still receive money after leaving, or would i have to receive the money, And then hand in my notice to leave.

Its all automatic you sell the shares about 2 weeks later it appears in your pay.
If you resign then Equiniti contact you about the disposal of the shares.

So if you resign after selling your shares you'll probably get the payout in your last pay packet.
But if the sale hasn't gone through then Equiniti will contact you.

If you specifically want to sell your shares and then resign 24 hours later I don't think it will change the process but you need to contact Equiniti and/or HR shares people to get a definitive answer. After all, all you are getting here is guesswork from postie mates with such a big decision to make you need to speak to the people concerned.

11 Jul 2017, 14:23

thanks mate, appreciate it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1