not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Re: Your Free Shares if you leave Royal Mail...

27 Jan 2016, 04:49

windermeredave wrote:I`m retiring in August. that makes me a good leaver.

If you are 60 or over you will be a ‘good leaver’ if you’re below 60 you’re not.

it is before the 3 years are up in October. so How long after I leave would I expect to get my free share payments? I would imagine I will be given the option to keep or sell.

I’m not too sure of the exact timescale, but you should hear from them within a few weeks of leaving. You will then be given the option of either keeping or selling some or all of your shares, assuming you’re eligible.

Your Free Shares if you leave Royal Mail...

20 Mar 2016, 22:07

Is VR classed the same as Retirement,therefore keeping the shares ?

21 Mar 2016, 04:35

Longjon wrote:Is VR classed the same as Retirement,therefore keeping the shares ?

If you get VR you are classed as a good leaver and get to keep the shares.

25 Jun 2016, 11:01

If I was to hand my notice in on Mon 12th oct (assuming we need to give 1 weeks notice?) Would I still be entitled to my shares issued on the 15th or could RM say that the shares ceased to be mine from the moment I handed in my notice?
This isn't a hypothetical question, I've got a job offer starting the following week!

25 Jun 2016, 12:29

wacko74 wrote:If I was to hand my notice in on Mon 12th oct (assuming we need to give 1 weeks notice?) Would I still be entitled to my shares issued on the 15th or could RM say that the shares ceased to be mine from the moment I handed in my notice?
This isn't a hypothetical question, I've got a job offer starting the following week!

If you're still employed on the 15th then you should be able to keep them, but you are cutting it a bit fine.

25 Jun 2016, 14:41

Thanks Robert, yes I would still be employed and I would be having to work my weeks notice as I wouldn't have any a.l. left to use... still wouldn't be surprised if RM tried to use some technically that they weren't mine from the moment I hand in my notice, as that's the kind of vindictive employer they are.

25 Jun 2016, 14:49

wacko74 wrote:Thanks Robert, yes I would still be employed and I would be having to work my weeks notice as I wouldn't have any a.l. left to use... still wouldn't be surprised if RM tried to use some technically that they weren't mine from the moment I hand in my notice, as that's the kind of vindictive employer they are.

No leave left to use :shock: Don't forget you accrue leave, you are not entitled to a years leave unless you stay a year. Leaving in October means you will have accrued roughly 1/2 your annual entitlement.

17 Oct 2016, 19:21

Ref the resign/retire question - I'm 60 in December - are we saying ALL shares or just the first lot from October 2013 ??

18 Oct 2016, 11:35

RedBagMan wrote:Ref the resign/retire question - I'm 60 in December - are we saying ALL shares or just the first lot from October 2013 ??

if you are 60 resigning is classed as retirement so you would be okay. However anyone under 60 would lose any shares that have not passed their own 3 year anniversary. (3 lots and about a 1/3 of the total).

16 Nov 2017, 17:45

I'm due to start a new job in December and will be handing my notice in early December.
will I get my shares paid to me on my last wasge slip?

16 Nov 2017, 18:36

postiebilz wrote:I'm due to start a new job in December and will be handing my notice in early December.
will I get my shares paid to me on my last wasge slip?

Assuming you're under 60:

They will write to a few weeks after leaving, giving you your options, which will be as follows:

If you leave within three years after being given the Free Shares, you will lose the shares.

If you leave between three and five years after being given the Free Shares, the Trustee will take them out of the SIP and you can instruct the Employee Share Offers administrator, Equiniti, either to sell all your shares or sell enough of the shares to cover any income tax and National Insurance that are due and any costs (commission) relating to the sale of your shares, and transfer the rest of the shares to you for you to continue to hold outside the SIP.

You can find the share allocation dates here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 38&t=82126

It’s possible the process will take longer than normal due to Christmas and new year. You will not get any money from your shares in your last pay packet.

If you're 60 or over, you will be classed as a good leaver and will keep the full value of all your free shares.

More info can be found, by downloading the ‘guide to shares’ booklet here: https://www.myroyalmail.com/employee-share-offers

25 Oct 2018, 03:33

I have just left on IHR, before this I had planned to leave my shares in the Share Incentive Plan which I understand is tax free.
I received a letter telling me that I would now have to either sell(which I don`t really want to do as the market isn`t that good at the moment) or transfer them to the nominee share service.
Will I have to pay any tax or national insurance annually for them for being held for me?.
How does the Share Incentive Plan differ from the nominee share service?, apart from having to pay tax and Nic on any dividend payments.
If anyone can help I would be grateful as I have done as much digging as I can on the internet and can`t find any answers!..

25 Oct 2018, 09:47

Cool so if I die I don't lose them? that's me sorted lol

25 Oct 2018, 13:51

DICK43 wrote:I have just left on IHR, before this I had planned to leave my shares in the Share Incentive Plan which I understand is tax free.
I received a letter telling me that I would now have to either sell(which I don`t really want to do as the market isn`t that good at the moment) or transfer them to the nominee share service.
Will I have to pay any tax or national insurance annually for them for being held for me?.

No.

How does the Share Incentive Plan differ from the nominee share service?, apart from having to pay tax and Nic on any dividend payments..

There's no major difference.

With a SIP you have to hold your shares for 5 years before they're tax free unless you're a good leaver, which you are if leaving via IHR. With a nominee account the shares are 100% yours to do what you want with and when.

Theoretically you may have to pay Capital Gains Tax when selling your shares via a nominee account, but as the yearly allowance is currently £11,700, that won't be an issue if you've only got RM shares.

NIC's are not payable on dividends and income tax is only payable on anything over £2,000 per year, so again that won't be an issue with just your RM shares.

31 Oct 2018, 15:49

Many thanks RobertT .
I will instruct them to put them in the nominee share service.
You would not believe how much this has been bugging me..
Cheers again..

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2