not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

SAYE application dates:1 September 2014 - 1 December 2017

08 Oct 2017, 06:47

Winteriscoming1984 wrote:Can you choose to have the cash now or do we have to wait till December as well

You can get your cash back whenever you want as it's essentially coming out of the scheme. Just give Equiniti a call.

08 Oct 2017, 07:12

The cash is held in an account with Lloyds Bank, but the scheme is administered by Equiniti, so yes get in touch with them.

12 Oct 2017, 12:16

Hi
So if I am reading this correctly....
With my £2124 allowing me to buy 590 shares @ 360p each, I can buy them ANYTIME between Dec1st 2017 and June1st 2018.
So can I buy them and sell them immediately, tax free, hopefully making a profit(minus dealing charges)?

Also has anyone heard or know if the company is doing another saye soon?

12 Oct 2017, 13:28

tr wrote:Hi
So if I am reading this correctly....
With my £2124 allowing me to buy 590 shares @ 360p each, I can buy them ANYTIME between Dec1st 2017 and June1st 2018.

Yes. Equiniti are supposed to be writing to us with more info sometime before 1st December.
So can I buy them and sell them immediately, tax free, hopefully making a profit(minus dealing charges)?

Yes. Or you could hold onto them if you want and get a few dividends.
The only possible tax implication would be Capital Gains Tax, but that would only apply if you were to make £11,300 in gains in this tax year, which you obviously won’t on just your RM SAYE shares.
Also has anyone heard or know if the company is doing another saye soon?

They did say in 2014 when they launched SAYE that they had no plans to do another one.

12 Oct 2017, 13:37

Robert

Thank you for your answers. Appreciated.

02 Dec 2017, 01:39

Hi All
I've never been in a SAYE scheme before but assumed that when you have a maturity date of 1st Dec you would either get cash or shares on that day so long as you had indicated which option before 1st Dec. This is not the case. You need to have indicated which option before 24th Nov 2017. So because I just indicated my option on 26th Nov I don't get my shares until 8th Dec. I just don't think it was made clear in the booklet and the fact that it talked about the 24 Nov being a cut off for dividends in January just added more information to confuse.
Why did the booklet not just state that unless you indicate your option by 24 Nov you will not get your shares / cash until 8th Dec so the fact that your SAYE scheme matures on 1st Dec 2017 is meaningless.
It does also seem unfair that for all those people who took part in the SAYE scheme who exercise their options on 1st Dec (well known maturity date ) will miss out on dividend in January should they choose to buy shares as the important date was not 1st Dec but 24Nov.

02 Dec 2017, 14:24

It seems clear to me. If you wanted to exercise your option on 1st December and buy your shares or get your money at the earliest time, you had to submit your choice by 24th November.

03 Dec 2017, 17:34

I'm sorry you are right I did not read the whole booklet it seemed quite complicated and full of jargon. I did however read the first paragraph on the first page printed in big red writing.. Congratulations...The 2014 Royal Mail Save As Your Earn (SAYE) matures on 1 December 2017. At that point, you will be able to buy shares you have been saving for over the last three years at the option price of 360. .... so I misread ' at that point ' ???

03 Dec 2017, 22:16

Further to my last post
In the next page of the leaflet the date Friday 24 November 2017 is first mentioned. Under this heading :
Choices must be submitted by this date if you want to exercise your option on 1 December and receive any dividend Royal Mail pays in January 2018.
I think it was this expression exercise your option that I found quite confusing. I thought you exercised your option when you decided to take shares or buy and sell shares immediately or take the cash saved which you had to do by 24th Nov. What does it mean by exercise your option on 1 December mean ? The shares aren't on line on 1 December even if you had opted for them by 24th. So my question is what does exercising your option on 1 December mean ?

04 Dec 2017, 15:51

The date you ‘exercise your option’ is the day you actually buy the shares, assuming that’s the choice you make.

I think it was clearly stated that if you wanted to exercise your option on 1st December, you had to submit your choice by 24th November.

Personally I opted to buy and hold onto my SAYE shares and they were transferred into my RM nominee account and it was visible online on 1st December.

According to this on My Royal Mail, there are plenty of others who didn’t submit their choices in time for the 1st December.

05 Dec 2017, 00:05

Yes I can see that only about 50 % of people exercised their option on 1st December. I can't see any advantages to not exercising your option on 1st December. The only reason I didn't exercise my option on 1st of December was because I was misled by the main heading in the booklet and found the booklet generally complicated and difficult to read. The fact that if you choose your option on 25th of Nov you would only be able to exercise your option on 8th of December seems wrong. I had no idea you may have to wait 13 days between choosing your option and exercising your option. ( I think I'm beginning to understand better the jargon at least ! )....or maybe I've still not quite got it. is it that it can take up to 13 days for you to exercise your option or is it that it takes up to 13 days for royal mail to process your option .....

05 Dec 2017, 04:28

Page 4 of the booklet - Dates for your diary:

Friday 1 December 2017 – Maturity date

Choices submitted by 24 November 2017 will be processed on this date.
A weekly cut-off applies from this point. Instructions received by close of business each Friday will then be processed the following Friday

The information is there, ultimately it's up to the individual to read it, surely?

05 Dec 2017, 19:28

I guess I was taken aback at how complicated maturity of a SAYE scheme could be. I just assumed you would tick a box prior to maturity indicating whether you wanted the cash saved or the shares at 360p. On the maturity date you would then receive your shares or your cash in your bank account.

05 Dec 2017, 20:23

I thought SAYE schemes were a way of making the employees feel more involved in the company. A way of investing in the company. There is only one party that gains from the cut off dates and six month decision making time set out on maturity of SAYE and its not the employee.

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4