not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Re: SAYE application dates

17 Sep 2014, 11:59

Darren Bent wrote:is this come out before tax or after tax as I am not sure what Gross mean.

The SAYE savings will be taken off your earnings after income tax, etc have been deducted.
Gross is what you’re paid before any deductions are taken off, net is what you actually take home.

SAYE application dates

21 Jan 2017, 01:01

When do we stop contributing to SAYE scheme?

SAYE application dates

21 Jan 2017, 05:11

DGUEST13 wrote:When do we stop contributing to SAYE scheme?

Its a fixed 3 year scheme. So Nov this year

SAYE application dates

21 Jan 2017, 06:20

Quick one . Come november,if we take up option to buy shares. Sell them straight away will monies be subject to income tax, or just the profit. As we have already paid tax on the money being used to buy shares.

SAYE application dates

21 Jan 2017, 11:24

Taken form the SAYE booklet we all received which is also available here: https://www.myroyalmail.com/saye

SAYE Timeline:

Monday 1 September 2014 - Application period opens. Option price announced.
Thursday 18 September 2014 (5pm) - Application period closes.
Thursday 25 September 2014 - Options likely to be granted (grant date).
End October 2014 - Option certificates and welcome letters sent to those taking part in SAYE.
Week beginning 3 November 2014 - Saving deductions from your net pay start if you are paid weekly.
28 November 2014 - Saving deductions from your net pay start if you are paid monthly.
1 December 2014 - Savings contract starts.
Week beginning 31 July 2017 - Saving deductions from your net pay stop if you are paid weekly (unless you take a payment holiday).
31 October 2017 - Saving deductions from your net pay stop if you are paid monthly (unless you take a payment holiday).
1 December 2017 - Savings term ends (unless you take a payment holiday). You will then have six months to use your savings to buy shares at the option price, if you choose to.

What happens about tax?

In most circumstances you won’t have to pay income tax or National Insurance on your shares when you buy them, even though you will have been able to buy the shares for 20% less than the share price on the stock market when the scheme launched. However, you may have to pay capital gains tax (CGT) on any gain made between the option price and the market price when you sell the shares. Every person has a yearly CGT allowance. You will not have to pay CGT on any gains you make below your yearly allowance. For 2014-2015, the CGT allowance is £11,000.

SAYE application dates

21 Jan 2017, 11:40

Thankyou Robert. Just noticed we cease saving end of july. Making only 40 weeks saving in year 3. Why are we not saving till end October,3 full years?

SAYE application dates

21 Jan 2017, 12:07

Again, taken from the booklet:

If you are paid weekly, you will usually finish your saving deductions before those paid monthly in terms of payments made into the scheme.
This is because you will pay an extra four weeks’ worth of payments every calendar year (because of five-week months).

SAYE application dates

21 Jan 2017, 18:43

Robert. I need you on speed dial . hahahaha. Still only 52+52+40= 144 weeks. Not 156 weeks. Less money in pot.

SAYE application dates

22 Jan 2017, 08:20

Duran wrote:Robert. I need you on speed dial . hahahaha. Still only 52+52+40= 144 weeks. Not 156 weeks. Less money in pot.

144 is the correct number of weeks!
There will not be any less money in the pot because in 2014 you signed up to buy an x amount of shares. Try this bit of maths:

A x B ÷ C = D

A - the amount you're paying per week
B - the savings period(144 weeks)
C - the option price(£3.60)
D - the number of shares you've signed up to buy

SAYE application dates

22 Jan 2017, 10:33

Buy from dec1st this yr then. Gotta be quick to get for the ex div date, usually first week of Dec. If that's what you want.

SAYE application dates

22 Jan 2017, 15:16

rambo1 wrote:Buy from dec1st this yr then. Gotta be quick to get for the ex div date, usually first week of Dec. If that's what you want.

Any dividend will be pro-rata dependant on how long you've held them surely? Otherwise you could buy 40k of shares hold them for a week and cash the dividend. :crazy:

SAYE application dates

22 Jan 2017, 16:25

norm wrote:
rambo1 wrote:Buy from dec1st this yr then. Gotta be quick to get for the ex div date, usually first week of Dec. If that's what you want.

Any dividend will be pro-rata dependant on how long you've held them surely? Otherwise you could buy 40k of shares hold them for a week and cash the dividend. :crazy:

No you just have to hold the shares on a given date and you get so much £0.00 per share.

SAYE application dates

22 Jan 2017, 18:59

Correct, hold shares on day before ex dividend day and you will get div amount x number of shares you own. You're free to sell after ex div day and you will have the next div when it is paid. Be aware that the share price usually drops by the dividend amount on ex div day though normally unless there's any adverse news, it will recover in a fairly short time.

SAYE application dates:1 September 2014 - 1 December 2017

04 Mar 2017, 17:22

If you resign from Royal Mail this year do you lose the opportunity to purchase the shares in December? Also, do you have to sell your existing Royal Mail shares if you resign, or can you hold on to them in another job?

04 Mar 2017, 20:56

thelittlesthobo wrote:If you resign from Royal Mail this year do you lose the opportunity to purchase the shares in December? Also, do you have to sell your existing Royal Mail shares if you resign, or can you hold on to them in another job?

From the SAYE Page

You will lose the option to buy shares at the option price. However you can either:

1. withdraw your savings immediately; or

2. carry on saving until the end of the savings term.

On the shares, the ones that have matured I believe you will be contacted by Equiniti who give you the options available and you chose, its either cash in (paying tax and NI) or transfer I believe.

The other shares that have not yet passed their 3 year anniversary since issue - you lose.

01 Jun 2017, 14:35

Who do you get in touch with regarding saye payments still coming off youre wages each week even though its cancelled?

05 Jul 2017, 21:56

I gather saye weekly payment finished on 31st July. and I can't do anything until December 1st then I can buy the shares and sell it ? am I right

05 Jul 2017, 23:52

Darren Bent wrote:I gather saye weekly payment finished on 31st July. and I can't do anything until December 1st then I can buy the shares and sell it ? am I right
yes

01 Aug 2017, 20:29

From this week no more paying towards this?.

03 Aug 2017, 10:10

Just got my wage slip and £14:75 is still coming out, is this week the final week ?

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3