not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Capita and Pension at 55

26 Jul 2020, 19:45

I left Royal Mail after 32.5 years service after taking VR. I turned 55 in June and contacted the Pension Centre in Sheffield to apply to take my benefits early. I have received my figures for my NRA 60 & NR65 benefits, but I have received no correspondence from Capita (RMSPS). I have phoned them 3 times, and each time I am told they will be sent out shortly. Hence this post, 3 weeks later, I have still not received anything from Capita. I also cannot return my forms to the RMPP, until I have returned the forms to Capita.

Can anyone please tell me, how can I get things moving, what is the normal timeline for this process. I am going to write this time to Capita rather than phone, I am also wondering if it is worth complaining to the Pensions Ombudsman.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Capita and Pension at 55

26 Jul 2020, 20:34

Format must have changed since I took my NRA60 @ 55 in January. I returned my paperwork to RMPP before I had even received anything months later from Capita ? I was given a deadline in each part of the process from RMPP to return paperwork to them within 7 or 14 days depending upon what stage I was at or it would delay the whole process :roll:

Capita and Pension at 55

26 Jul 2020, 20:35

Mind you I’m still employed so maybe there is a difference in the process if you have left ??

Capita and Pension at 55

26 Jul 2020, 20:41

Thanks for your reply, it states on my letter from the RMPP, that "my RMPP and RMSPS benefits must be paid from the same date. You, therefore, need to ensure you have returned your completed option form to Capita".

So, until I receive the forms from Capita, I have hit a brick wall.

Capita and Pension at 55

26 Jul 2020, 20:46

jazzyd65 wrote:Thanks for your reply, it states on my letter from the RMPP, that "my RMPP and RMSPS benefits must be paid from the same date. You, therefore, need to ensure you have returned your completed option form to Capita".

Hope it all runs smoothly, my application was a nightmare, not RMPP but Capita, I got there in the end but slightly late. If need be phone and phone until you make progress. Some say the process was a doddle but I’m not so sure :thumbup

Capita and Pension at 55

27 Jul 2020, 11:48

jazzyd65 wrote:Thanks for your reply, it states on my letter from the RMPP, that "my RMPP and RMSPS benefits must be paid from the same date. You, therefore, need to ensure you have returned your completed option form to Capita".

Contact
Claire.Hughes@rmsps.co.uk
0114 229 7649
Team leader for Capita. She said she would make sure I got my pension on time (I am planning for Nov 1st 2020)

Capita and Pension at 55

27 Jul 2020, 14:07

Thank you for your message. I phoned again today and was informed my figures are awaiting to be checked over and authorized to be sent out. I will give it 5 more working days and then will email the person you mentioned if I haven't received them.

Capita and Pension at 55

27 Jul 2020, 15:36

Go straight to the top and email the Head of Employee Benefits at this email. Richard.Kirwan@capita.com

I found that the first line support people who answer the phone just have a list of excuses. I always used to get that someone was "working" in my file and so it was locked and they couldn't give me an update today but somebody would get back to me. They never did.

Capita and Pension at 55

27 Jul 2020, 16:18

Steve_claret wrote:Go straight to the top and email the Head of Employee Benefits at this email. Richard.Kirwan@capita.com

I found that the first line support people who answer the phone just have a list of excuses. I always used to get that someone was "working" in my file and so it was locked and they couldn't give me an update today but somebody would get back to me. They never did.

I was e mailed by the person's e mail I gave after Richard Kirwan had her contact me.

Capita and Pension at 55

27 Jul 2020, 19:08

Thanks for your replies. I am going to give it the rest of this week, and if no figures arrive, I will email the people you mentioned. I will update this post as I go through the process.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1