not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Pleased Nra 65 reasonably on time for colleague

20 May 2020, 16:44

Just thought I would let you know a work collegue of mine is 65 this month (May 20) and has been told he will get his pension and lump sum at the end of this month.
He did leave it a bit late to return all the paper work, so they have told him the date of payment and said it will be around 3 weeks after his birthday, in about 2 days time.
If he had returned the paperwork on time, he may have got it on time.
So as far as the NRA65 pension is concerned, it appears that getting "age" related benefits on time ie to Age, in general appears to be prioritised and on time.
NB, Although I know one ex colleague, who is still waiting for his several months after due payment. Up date . This other colleague has also been paid. Due in Feb received in May. Issue was Avcs.
Last edited by stephen500 on 22 May 2020, 00:28, edited 3 times in total.

21 May 2020, 11:20

The majority of the NRA65 pension is in the RMPP and so paid by the PSC. Only the first 2 years are in the RMSPS and under Capita administration.

21 May 2020, 16:53

I am pretty sure all the Care scheme both the 2 years you get at 60 and the other 8 years at 65 are administrative by the Royal Mail Pension service in Sheffield. As I get two letters from both Sheffield and RMSPS in Darlington regarding the pension increases. The Government did take on the responsibility of the first 4 years of the Care scheme along with the Final Salary. But only moved the Final Salary part to Capita.

21 May 2020, 17:09

FAB wrote:I am pretty sure all the Care scheme both the 2 years you get at 60 and the other 8 years at 65 are administrative by the Royal Mail Pension service in Sheffield. As I get two letters from both Sheffield and RMSPS in Darlington regarding the pension increases. The Government did take on the responsibility of the first 4 years of the Care scheme along with the Final Salary. But only moved the Final Salary part to Capita.

Taken from the latest edition of 'your news - in a nutshell', which was sent out a few weeks ago:

If you were an employee member ofthe RMPP on 1 April 2012, when the Government set up the Royal Mail Statutory Pension Scheme, then the benefits you built up in the RMPP before that date will be in that Scheme whereas the benefits you earned since then remain in the RMPP.

Since 11 November 2019, following a decision by Government, Capita have been responsible for the administration of all the benefits held by the Statutory
Scheme while the Pensions Service Centre remains responsible for the RMPP.

This means that from time to time – such as when it is time to pay you your pension benefits – you will receive two letters. Capita will write to you about your Statutory Scheme benefits and PSC will write to you about your RMPP benefits.

There was an LTB at the time too: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 27&t=93020

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1