not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Update re applying for early payment of benefits

18 May 2020, 09:12

Hi All,

I asked for advice last week about when I can apply for my deferred NRA60 benefits; I turn 55 in September, and left RM in January 2012.

I contacted the pension centre 0333 222 0078 this morning and they have confirmed the earliest I can apply for my figures is 3 months before my birthday.

Hope this info is useful to anyone else thinking of taking their benefits early.

18 May 2020, 15:25

I'm still 2 years away from it but i'm already planning ahead for my retirement and intend to take my pension early at 55. Lots of really helpful advice on here will make it easier when the time comes. I'm a bit worried about the problems of dealing with Capitas. Keep updating and let us know how you are getting on. Good luck with it.

18 May 2020, 18:00

One of my work colleagues applied in January for his NRA60 at 55 which fell on Easter Sunday. He told me today he is still has not heard from RMSPS, could be delayed by Coronavirus absence ?

18 May 2020, 19:48

david3595 wrote:One of my work colleagues applied in January for his NRA60 at 55 which fell on Easter Sunday. He told me today he is still has not heard from RMSPS, could be delayed by Coronavirus absence ?

I think he needs to chase this up urgently

18 May 2020, 19:54

ttsdriver wrote:
david3595 wrote:One of my work colleagues applied in January for his NRA60 at 55 which fell on Easter Sunday. He told me today he is still has not heard from RMSPS, could be delayed by Coronavirus absence ?

I think he needs to chase this up urgently

Yes I told him to get on the phone or email a s a p :shock:

18 May 2020, 23:32

Or it could be due to the fact that Capita are incompetent and fob you off when you ring them or totally ignore any emails.

19 May 2020, 06:50

I can only repeat, my Capita experience was good. I was "put on the system for contact" and sure enough it happened just as the staff member explained it would. No Covid 19 then of course.

19 May 2020, 10:30

Are they perhaps prioritising people taking their benefits at the appropriate time ?

20 May 2020, 08:41

tractorboy2 wrote:

Are they perhaps prioritising people taking their benefits at the appropriate time ?

The only person who decided when and what's appropriate is the pensioner not effn capita who are crap at most things they do.

20 May 2020, 16:23

ttsdriver wrote:Hi All,

I asked for advice last week about when I can apply for my deferred NRA60 benefits; I turn 55 in September, and left RM in January 2012.

I contacted the pension centre 0333 222 0078 this morning and they have confirmed the earliest I can apply for my figures is 3 months before my birthday.

Hope this info is useful to anyone else thinking of taking their benefits early.

Not sure how this works as we are told it takes 17 weeks to process pensions and that is over 4 months? Still I suppose asking for figures and asking for your actual pension may be 2 different things. I spoke to the pension people and there advice to me, was to apply for my pension on June the 1st for November.

20 May 2020, 16:26

ttsdriver wrote:Hi All,

6 months.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

20 May 2020, 17:56

tractorboy2 wrote:

Seems to have been some movement in last 24hrs, an apology from RMSPS and he was told that his late payment has been raised as a matter of urgency, whatever that means. On a slightly different note another colleague who is 56 phoned RMPP last week to ask for a quote for their NRA60 and was told to ring back in a month as they are extremely busy, short staffed and priority is been given to those actually turning 60 or 65.

21 May 2020, 11:32

david3595 wrote:On a slightly different note another colleague who is 56 phoned RMPP last week to ask for a quote for their NRA60 and was told to ring back in a month as they are extremely busy, short staffed and priority is been given to those actually turning 60 or 65.

Fully understandable given the current situation but for NRA60 quotes you should now contact Capita (RMSPS) and not the RMPP as since November 2019 all RMSPS work has now transfered to Capita.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1