not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

E mail to Lionel Sampson - CWU RMPP trustee

07 Apr 2020, 16:12

"Dear Lionel,

I have tried to ring you, but due to covid 19, calls to CWU HQ are fliltered.
I plan to retire at 59 years and 10 months in Nov 2020.
My plan is to apply for my pension on June 1st [ for payment in Nov 2020.]
I am a section B, Csdb and cash balance schemes member.
My concern is getting my money on time, so I do not have to spend another Christmas at Royal Mail after 43 years!
I am getting more concerned as I hear incidents on Royal Mail chat and personal problems of a friend who has left Royal Mail.
First my friend, who left Royal Mail about a year and half ago, having already taken his NRA 60 pension.
He was due is NRA 65 RMPP pension in Feb 2020, but did not receive his options pack until the day of his 65th birthday. (I know he will also be due to receive some thing via Capita as well)
It is now April and he has not had his NRA 65 pension yet, 2 months after his 65th birthday.
He is not alone, on Royal Mail chat there are several incidences of people not getting their pension to time frame and some not on their NRA60 or NRA65 birthday.
RMPP and RMSPS advise 17 weeks to apply for requests for pensions and even this is not being met in some cases.
I am sure Covid 19 is going to make this worse.
I would be grateful if you could find some way to address these problems.
Covid may now mask and provide Capita and perhaps the RMPP with excuses post virus, that may be attributable to a lack of competence and knowledge particually on the Capita side.
I would love to see all members who have paid into their pension, get their monies to good time and of course I would like all of mine in Nov 2020.
Thank you, in advance."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

08 Apr 2020, 01:09

Bravo Stephen. We all await Lionel’s reply... let’s hope he is quicker than Capita. : :whistle :whistle

08 Apr 2020, 15:00

I like your style Stephen. The CWU and the RMPP trustees should be made fully aware of any issues members are experiencing when dealing with Capita. I will certainly give them my experiences if required.

08 Apr 2020, 16:53

renrag40 wrote:Bravo Stephen. We all await Lionel’s reply... let’s hope he is quicker than Capita. : :whistle :whistle

He is and he was very, very helpful. If any one with real differculties would like his phone number, message me.
He is no longer responsible for the final salary scheme, but has contacts at Capita and will do his best to help.
His e mail address is l.Sampson@cwu.org and for his direct phone number message me on this forum.
I don't want to give it to every one, but those with real problems that are persisting, I will give it to.

08 Apr 2020, 16:55

Reply from Lionel Sampson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

08 Apr 2020, 21:57

This is great. I have in the past suggested that all those affected should jointly contacted your relevant MPs. Has anybody actually done this? It would have more clout if you coordinated this action. Maybe they might work together for once, regardless of their party politics. Keep us informed.

11 Apr 2020, 11:03

Has anybody tried complaining to the Cabinet Office regarding the poor service they have experienced with Capita? I will be doing when I eventually receive my NRA60 but I know what these government departments are like after previously having dealings with the Department of Education. You can complain all you like but once a decision has been made there is little chance of it being reversed so unfortunately I think we are stuck with Capita and their poor levels of service.

11 Apr 2020, 20:49

Steve_claret wrote:Has anybody tried complaining to the Cabinet Office regarding the poor service they have experienced with Capita? I will be doing when I eventually receive my NRA60 but I know what these government departments are like after previously having dealings with the Department of Education. You can complain all you like but once a decision has been made there is little chance of it being reversed so unfortunately I think we are stuck with Capita and their poor levels of service.

What about a petition on the 10 Downing Street website for a debate. Try and get them removed as the administrator. Long shot, but maybe it would work?
At the moment it doesn't affect me, but I would be more than willing to sign it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1