not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

AVC and nic deductions

04 Apr 2020, 08:52

I’ve just had payslip and my avc and pension payments have moved from left hand side of payslip to the right hand side.and I’ve paid £15 more in nic ,any idea why, I’ve not altered my payments,thanks

AVC and nic deductions

04 Apr 2020, 09:10

Happened to me as well I assume you were literally putting in the maximum to allow pension salary sacrifice...

If you look the normal pension went up very slightly and has triggered the point where you get dropped out very annoying!

Also be aware you need to adjust your payments due to the new minimum wage starting for the new tax year... That's a problem also because I sent in a form to do just that several weeks ago and they must all be off work getting 80% of pay because I've had no response and it's not been actioned. I have tried emailing no response either

AVC and nic deductions

04 Apr 2020, 09:49

The minimum wage has increased from £8.21 to £8.72 an hour. You will need to lower your AVC payments accordingly to stay within PSE.

AVC and nic deductions

04 Apr 2020, 11:23

Ok thanks,i will either drop out of share scheme, or lower avc payments.

AVC and nic deductions

04 Apr 2020, 12:02

chrisrct wrote:Ok thanks,i will either drop out of share scheme, or lower avc payments.

Last month I dropped out of the share scheme for the same reason thinking it was financially better to pay more into Flexiplan.

AVC and nic deductions

04 Apr 2020, 20:01

Steve_claret wrote:
chrisrct wrote:Ok thanks,i will either drop out of share scheme, or lower avc payments.

Last month I dropped out of the share scheme for the same reason thinking it was financially better to pay more into Flexiplan.

Did the same myself, seemed a no brainer.

AVC and nic deductions

05 Apr 2020, 08:58

This happened to me. I've just done a calculation of my figures. If I include the payment to cash balance scheme and Flexi plan + Bonus plan my figures are £441.58 Basic pay
- £118.00 Flexi P
- £ 2.88 Bonus P
- £ 23.60 RMPP C DBCBS
= £297.10 Divide this by 38
= £7.81 per hr

It hasn't helped that we haven't received a pay rise yet. :hmmmm

AVC and nic deductions

08 Apr 2020, 13:22

chrisrct wrote:I’ve just had payslip and my avc and pension payments have moved from left hand side of payslip to the right hand side.and I’ve paid £15 more in nic ,any idea why, I’ve not altered my payments,thanks

Is it to do with not being taxed on purchases through my bundle?

AVC and nic deductions

08 Apr 2020, 21:11

cloherty1976 wrote:
chrisrct wrote:I’ve just had payslip and my avc and pension payments have moved from left hand side of payslip to the right hand side.and I’ve paid £15 more in nic ,any idea why, I’ve not altered my payments,thanks

Is it to do with not being taxed on purchases through my bundle?

Increase in the minimum wage. Like myself, you must have been close to the max payment. Also, notice the increase in your RM pension payment. I've sent a form off to reduce my payment by £20 a week. The fact we haven't had our pay increase hasn't helped, see my earlier post. Depending on wage growth and minimum wage growth, we may have to lower our weekly payments to AVCs as time goes by. Depends how close we are to losing PSE as we have done recently. Hope that makes sense.

AVC and nic deductions

11 Apr 2020, 17:16

Looks like it has happened to a number of us, there is another thread on the same subject. I bet they will try and say it's our fault, cost me £40 in week 52, back to normal this week.

AVC and nic deductions

11 Apr 2020, 20:52

max49 wrote:Looks like it has happened to a number of us, there is another thread on the same subject. I bet they will try and say it's our fault, cost me £40 in week 52, back to normal this week.

I've emailed them for another form. They have reduced hours for calls and the call goes to answer phone. Going to increase my payment again, with a slight increase above what it was. Claw back what I lost, with a small increase once that's put right. Will have to watch out for that next year. :hmmmm I'm getting close to the max I can pay anyway.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1