not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Delay in receiving my pension and lumpsum

10 Apr 2020, 02:55

Capita are a bloody shambles....... I take it that if they are late in paying they back date it to you nra date?

10 Apr 2020, 10:54

renrag40 wrote:Capita are a bloody shambles....... I take it that if they are late in paying they back date it to you nra date?

All new pension applications suspended due to coronavirus, don't know how that effects those of you who are mid process.

10 Apr 2020, 11:03

renrag40 wrote:Capita are a bloody shambles....... I take it that if they are late in paying they back date it to you nra date?

Yes it's backdated to your NRA date but you lose out on the interest on your lump sum if you invest it. As my NRA60 is looking like being 2-3 months late I will be writing to the Cabinet Office seeking compensation. I reckon £100 per month should cover it.

10 Apr 2020, 13:34

TheStrangler wrote:

All new pension applications suspended due to coronavirus, don't know how that effects those of you who are mid process.

Interesting. Where have you got this from? Knowing Capita they will probably use the Coronavirus excuse to cover their incompetence for years to come.

10 Apr 2020, 15:58

Update of RMPP website !

https://www.royalmailpensionplan.co.uk/ ... site_0.pdf

Coronavirus – Impact on RMPP

At the time of writing, the Government has put in place strict measures requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes, and other measures to limit social interaction. We understand that all this will be concerning for members, for different reasons. We want to let you know what we are doing to ensure the continued running of the RMPP during this time and to reassure you about the security of your pension.
The day-to-day administration of the RMPP is carried out by the Pensions Service Centre in Sheffield. In recent weeks they have put in place measures to ensure that this can continue; these include allowing members of the team to work from home using company laptops and phones and limiting the number of staff entering the office at any one time. Crucially, the regular monthly pension payroll can be run ‘remotely’ and so there will be no disruption to pension payment if you are already getting your pension. The team are prioritising work to ensure, for example, that those members approaching retirement get their pensions and lump sum payments on time. Some activity that is not time-critical may take a little longer, but the team are working hard to limit the disruption caused.
The Pensions Helpline will be operating with a slightly reduced service for the time being and will be able to take phone calls between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday. If possible, please email pensions.helpline@royalmail.com rather than phoning if your query is not urgent. A recorded message will provide the latest information and any changes to the service. You can also find helpful information at royalmailpensionplan.co.uk.
Thank you for your understanding during this time. 2 April 2020
Classified: RMG – Internal

10 Apr 2020, 18:37

Currently cannot log into the Capita members part of their web site. Just loads for ever when you put your username in and them gives up! :arrrghhh

10 Apr 2020, 19:06

FAB wrote:Currently cannot log into the Capita members part of their web site. Just loads for ever when you put your username in and them gives up! :arrrghhh

I registered for the RMSPS portal last week but never received the temporary password from them so I have tried registering again but it said my email and user name are already in use. They can't even get a website to work properly and these people are paying our pensions. :d'oh!

10 Apr 2020, 19:17

I emailed them to confirm that I could send in my application to take all my pension.
They said all new applications were suspended.
I was told to contact them again in a month as they're not accepting any more applications due to coronavirus.

10 Apr 2020, 19:27

TheStrangler wrote:I emailed them to confirm that I could send in my application to take all my pension.
I was told to contact them again in a month as they're not accepting any more applications due to coronavirus.

Was this Capita? They can't not process NRA pension claims. They may have a point though for members wanting to take their pensions earlier than NRA.

10 Apr 2020, 19:54

Tried to register with Capita’s online portal twice today without success - kept getting error messages !

How is it that RMPP seem to be able to prioritise members who are close to retirement but Capita are unable ? Or, is there some distinction going on between those that have applied to take their pension early and those, like me that have elected to take their pension at the relevant NRA age. I did not ‘apply’ to take my pension it was automatic, the letter came in the post but of course, I had it diarised to chase.

Fortunately, I only have 2 years pensionable service still with RMSPS (Capita) and the remaining 6 years to NRA 65 with RMPP as well as Flexiplan and Bonusplan AVC’s and DBCBS.

All pensions should be paid as and when they fall due, so no excuses - like others I will report to the Pensions Regulator if my experience falls short of expectations.

Glad I got my NRA 60 before Capita got involved.

10 Apr 2020, 20:45

Looking at my pension since getting it at 60 I believe that Capita are only handling the Final Salary part. Even although 4 of the 10 years worth of career average were taken over by the Government along with the final salary. They left the administration of their part of the career average scheme with the RM in Sheffield. So all 10 years of that part are handled by RM. Just a pity that took the final salary part away from Sheffield. The cost savings given all this hassle surely can't be worth it?!

11 Apr 2020, 07:41

FAB wrote:Looking at my pension since getting it at 60 I believe that Capita are only handling the Final Salary part. Even although 4 of the 10 years worth of career average were taken over by the Government along with the final salary. They left the administration of their part of the career average scheme with the RM in Sheffield. So all 10 years of that part are handled by RM. Just a pity that took the final salary part away from Sheffield. The cost savings given all this hassle surely can't be worth it?!

Capita has been responsible for all RMSPS(pre 2012) benefits since 11th November 2019, as this LTB at the time confirms: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 27&t=93020

12 Apr 2020, 16:44

Steve_claret wrote:
TheStrangler wrote:I emailed them to confirm that I could send in my application to take all my pension.

Was this Capita? They can't not process NRA pension claims. They may have a point though for members wanting to take their pensions earlier than NRA.

This was the Rm, I didnt go any further with capita as I couldn't see the point.
You're probably right that it just applies to those taking their pension early.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2