not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Delay in receiving my pension and lumpsum

26 Mar 2020, 10:20

It was my 60th Birthday on 25.01.2020 I still have not received a penny. Is this norma??

26 Mar 2020, 11:07

sissjg wrote:It was my 60th Birthday on 25.01.2020 I still have not received a penny. Is this norma??

Unfortunately this is starting to become normal now that Capita are administering the RMSPS. My 60th has now been and gone and I still haven't received my options pack yet let alone any money. Reading between the lines since they took on the additional work from the PSC for dual members in October there now appears to be a considerable backlog in dealing with "age activated" pension claims like ours.

26 Mar 2020, 16:50

Another example of trying to save money for both RM & the Government.. Outsourcing to a crap company with a well known track record!

26 Mar 2020, 18:34

FAB wrote:Another example of trying to save money for both RM & the Government.. Outsourcing to a crap company with a well known track record!

Have no fear. Once I finally see my money, if I ever do, a strongly worded letter will be sent to the Cabinet Office and the RMPP Trustees who have allowed this incompetent company to get their hands on our money. I have never dealt with a company that comes even close to Capita and not in a good way. :arrrghhh

26 Mar 2020, 18:51

Steve_claret wrote:
sissjg wrote:It was my 60th Birthday on 25.01.2020 I still have not received a penny. Is this norma??

Unfortunately this is starting to become normal now that Capita are administering the RMSPS. My 60th has now been and gone and I still haven't received my options pack yet let alone any money. Reading between the lines since they took on the additional work from the PSC for dual members in October there now appears to be a considerable backlog in dealing with "age activated" pension claims like ours.

Some one I know who was due his NRA65, administered by RMPP and not Capita, received their paperwork on their 65th birthday (he had left with his NRA 60 pension), with the promise by phone, that they would receive their back pay.
I am applying for all my pensions and lump sums on June the 1st for the last day in November 2020, fingers crossed . let us know when you get your pension, thanks.

26 Mar 2020, 19:33

stephen500 wrote:Some one I know who was due his NRA65, administered by RMPP and not Capita, received their paperwork on their 65th birthday (he had left with his NRA 60 pension), with the promise by phone, that they would receive their back pay.
I am applying for all my pensions and lump sums on June the 1st for the last day in November 2020, fingers crossed . let us know when you get your pension, thanks.

The first 2 years(2010-2012) of your NRA65 benefits are administered by Capita.

26 Mar 2020, 20:35

I will be 65 in the summer and have already had separate provisional estimates from both RMSPS and RMPP which are collectively within a pound of my own estimate. I took my NRA 60 Benefits when they fell due.

Enclosed with the documentation from RMSPS was an A4 sheet setting out the timeline counting down from 17 weeks. So I am happy with process so far !

27 Mar 2020, 01:20

Yes I got that A4 time line with my estimates as well. It may come in handy if I ever run out of toilet roll. It means absolutely nothing.

27 Mar 2020, 08:29

nataddick wrote:I will be 65 in the summer and have already had separate provisional estimates from both RMSPS and RMPP which are collectively within a pound of my own estimate. I took my NRA 60 Benefits when they fell due.

Enclosed with the documentation from RMSPS was an A4 sheet setting out the timeline counting down from 17 weeks. So I am happy with process so far !

I will be happy and at ease, once I actually hear, that they have paid you to time! If you don't mind letting us know, if yours is paid to time at the time! Thanks.

27 Mar 2020, 12:44

The order to proceed with my NRA60 was sent by the PSC to Capita mid November which is the 17 weeks to NRA notice. I finally received my RMSPS estimates from Capita mid January which was now only 8 weeks to my NRA and I only got this because I sent an email to them asking for an update. In with my estimate pack was the A4 timeline saying that I would receive my estimate pack from Capita at 15 weeks to NRA. Hence why the timeline has been meaningless in my case.
Last edited by Steve_claret on 27 Mar 2020, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

27 Mar 2020, 14:20

Yes, happy to provide progress (or lack of) updates. I will be on their case as each timeline passes without any positive action !

27 Mar 2020, 16:36

nataddick wrote:Yes, happy to provide progress (or lack of) updates. I will be on their case as each timeline passes without any positive action !

As you have already had your estimates from both schemes well in advance of your 65th birthday then I suspect your pension will be paid on time. The ones who have lost out in this transfer of work from the PSC to Capita are the members who are still contributing to the pension and whose birthdays were in the January to March period.

31 Mar 2020, 18:23

It would appear that I have joined the club in not receiving my pension and lump sum when I should have done. I have been on to Capita but as yet have no clue about when I might receive what I am due. what an appalling way to treat people.

01 Apr 2020, 09:06

garrycullen wrote:It would appear that I have joined the club in not receiving my pension and lump sum when I should have done. I have been on to Capita but as yet have no clue about when I might receive what I am due. what an appalling way to treat people.

From my experience it is a waste of time ringing them unless you like talking to people who are reading from a script of different excuses. The excuse I have had the most is that somebody is currently working in my file and they can't give me an update but they will put a chase on it it. I have even asked if a manager could ring me back with a update. Guess what....they never do.

01 Apr 2020, 17:27

I think I may apply in May and say I want it in October, knowing I hopefully will get it in Nov, when I really want it.

07 Apr 2020, 18:39

Quick update on NRA 65 benefits - have now got a Life Time Allowance (LTA) declaration to complete, so on track. More detailed illustration with AVC's and DBCBS to follow !

07 Apr 2020, 19:58

nataddick wrote:Quick update on NRA 65 benefits - have now got a Life Time Allowance (LTA) declaration to complete, so on track. More detailed illustration with AVC's and DBCBS to follow !
please let us and me know the full time line from your application to receipt , thanks.

07 Apr 2020, 19:58

nataddick wrote:Quick update on NRA 65 benefits - have now got a Life Time Allowance (LTA) declaration to complete, so on track. More detailed illustration with AVC's and DBCBS to follow !
please let us and me know the full time line from your application to receipt , thanks.

08 Apr 2020, 09:26

I have just received my RMSPS NRA60 option pack this week after returning my RMPP options to the PSC last week so it looks as though Capita do not send their options out until you have returned your RMPP options to the PSC. So far this process has been ongoing for just short of 5 months and I will not be surprised if it is at least another month before I see any money in my bank account. Probably looking at the first pension payment being made at the end of May which will be 2.5 months after my NRA60 date.

08 Apr 2020, 16:36

Steve_claret wrote:I have just received my RMSPS NRA60 option pack this week after returning my RMPP options to the PSC last week so it looks as though Capita do not send their options out until you have returned your RMPP options to the PSC. So far this process has been ongoing for just short of 5 months and I will not be surprised if it is at least another month before I see any money in my bank account. Probably looking at the first pension payment being made at the end of May which will be 2.5 months after my NRA60 date.

Ring lionel Sampson on 07736 476 114 he is only too happy to help (RMPP CWU pension trustee. He is not responsible for the final salary scheme, but does have a contact there)
He was really helpful.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2