not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal Mail AVC fund Shariah Law doing ok ?

20 Mar 2020, 10:54

I think Shirah Law is at £13.87 per unit today down from a high of about £16.00.

The stock market seems down massively.....

Is there any reason why this has help up so well ?

20 Mar 2020, 13:46

I'm not invested in the Sharia fund, but it's gone down around 17% in the last month from 1673 to 1387, which is probably not too bad compared to a lot of other funds, and compares favourably to many markets.

A quick look at the factsheet says it's weighted in the USA and in technology, healthcare and consumer stocks and aims to 'provide long term returns in line with returns on the Dow Jones Islamic Market Titans 100 Index'.
That index has gone down 12.40% in the same period of time.

The share prices of the bigger holdings have gone down 20-28%

Maybe someone who is invested in the Sharia fund and taken more interest than me can give a more informed answer.

21 Mar 2020, 07:45

Perfect time to start annually return around 8-10% I know this time market look scary but will recover

21 Mar 2020, 10:25

Thanks Robert,

Still can't make the numbers stack up in my head with all worldwide stock markets crashing and this going down much less than them.

Even more bizarrely gone up to just over £14 sat present ??

Lets home we have a cure soon.....

24 Mar 2020, 14:19

Hawkey99 wrote:Thanks Robert,

Still can't make the numbers stack up in my head with all worldwide stock markets crashing and this going down much less than them.

Even more bizarrely gone up to just over £14 sat present ??

Lets home we have a cure soon.....

The £ has dropped against the dollar considerably, this has reduced the fall in the value of this fund in sterling terms. The dollar continues to be a safe haven during the crisis, whether this continues longer term is anyone’s guess.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1