not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

NRA 60 pension section C member LEL question

02 Feb 2020, 18:43

I am a section C member aged 62 so currently drawing on my age 60 pension and still working. I went for the high pension choice with no lump sum as I knew I would have have a reduction due to the Lower Earnings Level. Would anyone please be able to confirm:-
When do I loose the LEL Payment if I continue working for RM.

When do I loose the LEL if I cease working for RM.

How much is the LEL that I will loose please.

Thanking you in advance.

02 Feb 2020, 19:08

The LEL/LED is an amount that's taken off your RM wages before your pension contributions are deducted.

That will be the case until you leave RM, opt out of the current DBCBS pension arrangement or until the new CDC scheme is introduced, whichever is sooner.
*The plan is that the CDC scheme will use all pay to calculate pension benefits.

02 Feb 2020, 21:31

Fishtoft4 wrote:I am a section C member aged 62 so currently drawing on my age 60 pension and still working. I went for the high pension choice with no lump sum as I knew I would have have a reduction due to the Lower Earnings Level. Would anyone please be able to confirm:-
When do I loose the LEL Payment if I continue working for RM.

When do I loose the LEL if I cease working for RM.

How much is the LEL that I will loose please.

Thanking you in advance.

03 Feb 2020, 09:12

Hello Robert T and thank you for your reply. I understand your response however, I remember something being mentioned that either when I leave RM or commence receiving my state pension the LEL is deducted from my age 60 pension which I drawing now. So I can plan for this just wanted to know how much and when this would happen. By the way Robert just wanted to say you have helped so many people and thank you #legend

03 Feb 2020, 13:27

Fishtoft4 wrote:Hello Robert T and thank you for your reply. I understand your response however, I remember something being mentioned that either when I leave RM or commence receiving my state pension the LEL is deducted from my age 60 pension which I drawing now. So I can plan for this just wanted to know how much and when this would happen.

Are you thinking of the pension supplement?
It's actually an 'extra' payment section C members get when they take their benefits, but only up to state pension age, and only if they've left RM employment.

Off hand I can't remember exactly how the supplement is worked out. But I think it was something like:

LEL divided by 60 multiplied by length of service.

But if you have any old annual illustrations from before you took your NRA60 pension, they should give you a figure to go by.

*If anyone is wondering, the Lower Earnings Limit(LEL) is often also known as the Lower Earnings Deduction(LED).

By the way Robert just wanted to say you have helped so many people and thank you #legend

It's nice of you to say, :thumbup but #legend is a bit over the top. :oops:

03 Feb 2020, 14:12

Thank you so much Robert yes i believe it is the pension supplement I meant and trust me you have been such a help to me and so many others. Take care

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1