not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

pensionable pay

16 Jan 2020, 08:55

Navalron wrote:All depends on when you started. If before the way forward agreement all wages including driving allowance, nda, were all personable including overtime. After that (1999/2000) half your nda was counted for pension and basic contracted hours up to full time (41.5hrs) per week at that time but no allowances were counted, except if you had been a phg or had started before 1988. It's complicated but basically we got shafted just like yous that are still there got ripped off for the pension that yous had. Basically everyone lost thousands of pounds when it comes to retirement and the union, yet again sold it as a good thing. FFS. Well their still on final salary pension, so why not posties..... :thumbdown

It's fair to say our pensions could have been better had certain changes not been made, that's obvious. But:

In my 30+ years in the job I've never known OT to be pensionable apart from part time members of the RMDCP, as already mentioned up thread.

To say that no allowances are pensionable except former PHG and if you started before 1988 is clearly wrong.

In 2017 the CWU were consulting on the closure of their final salary pension scheme and an increase in NRA from 60 to 65. https://www.pensionsage.com/pa/CWU-comm ... uation.php As far as I know that closure took place as planned.

pensionable pay

16 Jan 2020, 20:38

A former school mate of mine retired from the fire service after 30 years, on Christmas eve. He informed me today that the FBU have won their age discrimination case regarding changes to their pension scheme. Why didn't the CWU do the same? Just what are we paying the union for?

pensionable pay

17 Jan 2020, 10:03

heapsy wrote:A former school mate of mine retired from the fire service after 30 years, on Christmas eve. He informed me today that the FBU have won their age discrimination case regarding changes to their pension scheme. Why didn't the CWU do the same? Just what are we paying the union for?

I think you're pissing in the wind there heapsy!

The loss of this Fire Brigade age discrimination case is now costing the government/taxpayer an extra £4 Billion per year, and affects 6,000 firefighters. https://www.pensionsage.com/pa/Govt-fac ... n-case.php

RM is a plc with many competitors, falling profits and 140,000 employees. Even if the CWU had brought a case against RM and won, do you seriously think they could afford it?

The increase in our NRA's from 60 to 65 happened nearly 10 years ago. We could say the CWU should have put up more of a fight at the time, but what good will it do? It's history and won't be changed now!

The increase up to 67 for the CDC scheme was a negotiated settlement between RM and CWU, which the membership voted for!

pensionable pay

17 Jan 2020, 10:22

heapsy wrote:A former school mate of mine retired from the fire service after 30 years, on Christmas eve. He informed me today that the FBU have won their age discrimination case regarding changes to their pension scheme. Why didn't the CWU do the same? Just what are we paying the union for?

This is a completely different thing to RM.

As I understand it, the FB moved some of their current pension scheme members onto a new scheme, but kept others on the original scheme solely decided by their age (closeness to retirement). This is what has been found, unsurprisingly, to be age discrimination.

RM haven't based any change to their pension schemes upon the ages of the members.

pensionable pay

14 Feb 2020, 21:05

Update on my post in this thread having worked overtime this week. I am in the RMDC scheme.

PSE Adj RMDCP 6% (of Basic Pay)
Arrears of PSE Adj RMDCP 6% (of overtime)

Realised the Single Standard Pay Rate includes a proportion of supplement. But the 6% on overtime is taken from the basic amount.

So my overtime @ SSPR = £144.14 (including a proportion of supplement)
The Basic overtime rate (hours x hourly rate) = £139.80 from which the 6% Arrears PSE Adj was deducted.

Note; Total hours are not above 38.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2