not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pension claim for ex-pat

31 Dec 2019, 02:56

Almost 10 years ago I took EVR from RM and moved abroad. Meeting up with a fellow former RM employee, he informed that I could take my pension at 55, (with a 25% loss), but despite sending countless emails to Capita and RM Pensions help desk. I have heard nothing. Mind you it took me 5 attempts to get them to confirm my new address, because I had not heard from them for years. Could someone please help with the following. BTW I am 56 going on 57 now,

1/Is it true you can take your pension at 55?
2/If it is true. How do you go about claiming it.

Any advice will be very much apprieciated

Pension claim for ex-pat

31 Dec 2019, 05:00

Yes, you can take your pension anytime after 55 with a 5% reduction for each year before Normal Retirement Age.

As a deferred/preserved pension member, get in touch with Capita and start the ball rolling. The fact that you're abroad might complicate things a little, but in this day and age it shouldn't really be a major problem.

If you have problems, have a look at the Capita threads on these pension forums(there's a search function) and you'll find email addresses of a few bigwigs you can contact, who seem to be able get things done.

Pension claim for ex-pat

31 Dec 2019, 08:27

Thanks for advice Robert T

Pension claim for ex-pat

31 Dec 2019, 09:09

Any were nice vertigo :Very Happy

Pension claim for ex-pat

01 Jan 2020, 03:52

Thailand. Been working here as an English Teacher for the past 9+ years

Pension claim for ex-pat

01 Jan 2020, 14:46

Vertigo20 wrote:Thailand. Been working here as an English Teacher for the past 9+ years

What’s it like living in that heat all year and what’s the cost of living like? Is it much cheaper than the UK.

Cheers
Last edited by NorthernBoy on 01 Jan 2020, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

Pension claim for ex-pat

01 Jan 2020, 15:14

Vertigo20 wrote:Thailand. Been working here as an English Teacher for the past 9+ years

:thumbup

Pension claim for ex-pat

02 Jan 2020, 00:07

Northern Boy. The weather is great, the people are really nice. It is a lot cheaper than the UK. The salaries are not that good, but you take what you get. The biggest problem here are the hurdles foriegners have to jump through to get a visa every year to stay here. Even though I have been married to a Thai national for the past 13 years, I have very few rights. Thailand is for Thais in that respect. The secret of living here though is to keep smiling, don't make trouble and only bring your western ways to the your own house hold. Other than that. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Pension claim for ex-pat

02 Jan 2020, 07:24

Vertigo20 wrote:Northern Boy. The weather is great, the people are really nice. It is a lot cheaper than the UK. The salaries are not that good, but you take what you get. The biggest problem here are the hurdles foriegners have to jump through to get a visa every year to stay here. Even though I have been married to a Thai national for the past 13 years, I have very few rights. Thailand is for Thais in that respect. The secret of living here though is to keep smiling, don't make trouble and only bring your western ways to the your own house hold. Other than that. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Sounds like you are living the dream, good luck to you. Hope you get your pension sorted and the £ goes up against the Thai baht for you.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1