not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Last Christmas - Applying for my pension in good time- Question please

25 Jan 2020, 10:26

david3595 wrote:NRA60 @55.
Received my RMPP DBCBS reduced lump sum today 24th January. No word yet from RMSPS with regards to my maximum 25% tax free lump sum, mind you I only got my options pack from Capita approximately 2 weeks after my birthday even though I started the process 4 calendar months before turning 55. I agree with previous comments that the delay is with Capita who seem to have taken from 27th November until 17th January to forward options pack to myself and that’s after I have emailed and phoned various times :roll:

That's not acceptable. I would be inclined to send a letter of complaint to Joanna Matthews Chair of RMPP trustees. As a RMPP member you are entitled to your pension without having to jump through hoops to get it.

25 Jan 2020, 16:47

Steve_claret wrote:
Received my RMPP DBCBS reduced lump sum today 24th January. No word yet from RMSPS with regards to my maximum 25% tax free lump sum, mind you I only got my options pack from Capita approximately 2 weeks after my birthday even though I started the process 4 calendar months before turning 55. I agree with previous comments that the delay is with Capita who seem to have taken from 27th November until 17th January to forward options pack to myself and that’s after I have emailed and phoned various times :roll:

That's not acceptable. I would be inclined to send a letter of complaint to Joanna Matthews Chair of RMPP trustees. As a RMPP member you are entitled to your pension without having to jump through hoops to get it.

But they don't control Capita.

28 Jan 2020, 10:30

stephen500 wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

But they don't control Capita.

No they don't as Capita are a separate business but we are still members of the RMPP and the SPS is still a part of the RMPP. It is the trustees job to act in the best interests of it's members. The more people who write to them to let them know they are struggling to get their pensions due to Capita's incompetence then they can exert pressure and act on our behalf. The trustees can also put pressure on the Cabinet Office and tell them the transfer isn't working. Not that it would make any difference mind.

28 Jan 2020, 20:08

I phoned RMSPS yesterday to ask for an update and also to complain about the delays. I was told that they received my Options Pack on the 20th January and were processing it for payment this Friday. I pointed out the continuing delays and to my complete surprise today my lump sum and AVC’s were both credited to my bank account. On Monday I was told that AVC’s would follow in a few weeks time. A pension payment is to be paid this Friday. I wish everyone good luck when they take their NRA60 or NRA65, it’s been a stressful and frustrating experience. Capita sadly seemed to drag their heels which seems to me unfair to us all.

30 Jan 2020, 18:07

david3595 wrote:I phoned RMSPS yesterday to ask for an update and also to complain about the delays. I was told that they received my Options Pack on the 20th January and were processing it for payment this Friday. I pointed out the continuing delays and to my complete surprise today my lump sum and AVC’s were both credited to my bank account. On Monday I was told that AVC’s would follow in a few weeks time. A pension payment is to be paid this Friday. I wish everyone good luck when they take their NRA60 or NRA65, it’s been a stressful and frustrating experience. Capita sadly seemed to drag their heels which seems to me unfair to us all.

I am pleased for you David. Could you remind me/us how long this whole process took. I want to use at least your time frame as a template for applying for mine to be paid on Dec 1st. Thanks. Oh and have a lovely retirement.

30 Jan 2020, 18:19

Stephen 500, I phoned PSC 4 calendar months ( September) out from my birthday in early January and asked for a form to be posted to my home address, it arrived approximately 7 days later and I had 14 days to complete and return if I wished to proceed with taking my NRA60 at 55. Several forms had been sent through out this period. I only received an options letter on 17th January from RMSPS and this was after emailing Jon Lewis CEO at Capita and repeated phone calls. Although I have yet to receive a letter from RMSPS confirming my lump sum and AVC’s it went into my bank account on 28th January and have been assured a pro rata pension payment for this month will be paid tomorrow. All in all it’s taken from 4th September until 28th January :shock: . Hopefully your application will be more straight forward but Capita seriously need to get their act in order. It was myself doing all the chasing.

30 Jan 2020, 23:22

Thanks. I think I will apply in July for Dec.

01 Feb 2020, 20:50

Thanks for all the info people, a really helpful thread for anyone about to have dealings with the Capita cowboys, lol

02 Feb 2020, 11:59

Edward Hunter wrote:Thanks for all the info people, a really helpful thread for anyone about to have dealings with the Capita cowboys, lol

Good luck. It really is a stressful process now. Having to deal with 2 pension centres who won't do certain things until the other have done their part of the process is a major hurdle. Don't rely on them doing things on time either. Keep chasing them. It's the only way now.

03 Feb 2020, 09:27

david3595 wrote:Stephen 500, I phoned PSC 4 calendar months ( September) out from my birthday in early January and asked for a form to be posted to my home address, it arrived approximately 7 days later and I had 14 days to complete and return if I wished to proceed with taking my NRA60 at 55. Several forms had been sent through out this period. I only received an options letter on 17th January from RMSPS and this was after emailing Jon Lewis CEO at Capita and repeated phone calls. Although I have yet to receive a letter from RMSPS confirming my lump sum and AVC’s it went into my bank account on 28th January and have been assured a pro rata pension payment for this month will be paid tomorrow. All in all it’s taken from 4th September until 28th January :shock: . Hopefully your application will be more straight forward but Capita seriously need to get their act in order. It was myself doing all the chasing.

David, was your pro rata monthly pension paid? Thanks.

03 Feb 2020, 18:21

stephen500 wrote:
david3595 wrote:Stephen 500, I phoned PSC 4 calendar months ( September) out from my birthday in early January and asked for a form to be posted to my home address, it arrived approximately 7 days later and I had 14 days to complete and return if I wished to proceed with taking my NRA60 at 55. Several forms had been sent through out this period. I only received an options letter on 17th January from RMSPS and this was after emailing Jon Lewis CEO at Capita and repeated phone calls. Although I have yet to receive a letter from RMSPS confirming my lump sum and AVC’s it went into my bank account on 28th January and have been assured a pro rata pension payment for this month will be paid tomorrow. All in all it’s taken from 4th September until 28th January :shock: . Hopefully your application will be more straight forward but Capita seriously need to get their act in order. It was myself doing all the chasing.

Yes I received a pro rata payment on 31st January which I presume but could be wrong is from 5th January until end of January. 30% was held back for tax purposes and some kind of adjustment and if any of that 30% is owed to myself it will be paid in my first pension instalment which Capita says is not payable until Feb 28th. I didn’t retire I decided after much thought to take my NRA60 at 55 so I’m paying tax on my pension. As Section C member I was quoted a Pension Supplement figure ( no reduction for taking early ) if I was to leave :thumbup . It is possible I was not going to receive any pro rata payment until my first instalment on 28th Feb but I was on the phone last week complaining so much that they probably thought give him some money to get rid of him lol

06 Feb 2020, 01:59

david3595 wrote:
stephen500 wrote:

Yes I received a pro rata payment on 31st January which I presume but could be wrong is from 5th January until end of January. 30% was held back for tax purposes and some kind of adjustment and if any of that 30% is owed to myself it will be paid in my first pension instalment which Capita says is not payable until Feb 28th. I didn’t retire I decided after much thought to take my NRA60 at 55 so I’m paying tax on my pension. As Section C member I was quoted a Pension Supplement figure ( no reduction for taking early ) if I was to leave :thumbup . It is possible I was not going to receive any pro rata payment until my first instalment on 28th Feb but I was on the phone last week complaining so much that they probably thought give him some money to get rid of him lol

I will pay some tax from Dec till Apr 6th as I am working this year, but then I will have to contact tax office/pension people as I don't plan to work again and should pay tax again, until I get my stare pension.

06 Feb 2020, 02:00

david3595 wrote:
stephen500 wrote:

I will pay some tax from Dec till Apr 6th as I am working this year, but then I will have to contact tax office/pension people as I don't plan to work again and should not pay tax again, until I get my state pension.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3