not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Last Christmas - Applying for my pension in good time- Question please

16 Jan 2020, 13:18

No paper work arrived 6 days after Capita assured me they had posted it 1st class on 10th January. I have had to contact them today and asked for it to be sent again.

16 Jan 2020, 13:24

ripples wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:I am 60 in March and haven't taken any of my pension yet so am due my NRA60 as a minimum....
This is my recent experience, like you I am section B I rang them in November because I knew I would be 60 in January '20 and had heard nothing. They said they had sent me paperwork out in July 19 with reference to my NRA60 options and since I had not received the paperwork they resent it signed for, this arrived through the door and I spent about three days going over everything before returning it. I had a letter last week then my PCLS was paid in on my birthday.. Now I am going to treat myself to a newer car :Very Happy

Its worrying that they said they sent your paperwork out in July 19 for your NRA60 due in Jan 20 and you didn't receive it. More likely they told you a pack of lies to cover themselves and they hadn't actually sent it out at all. Perhaps if I ring them again they may say to me that they sent mine out in September and that mine has been lost in the post as well. :arrrghhh

Glad you got it sorted eventually but it is all added stress that we didn't sign up for. The government are to blame in giving this pension scheme over to an organisation who have a history in screwing things up.

16 Jan 2020, 17:46

Steve_claret wrote:I am 60 in March and haven't taken any of my pension yet so am due my NRA60 as a minimum. We are 2 months away and I have still not received anything from the pension people in writing. I believe that as I am a Section B dual member of RMSPS and RMPP then Capita are dealing with my case now. I have rung them twice now in the last few weeks and been told that "it is going through" whatever that means. I think Mr Lewis will be getting an email this week.

As far as I am aware from speaking to RMPP, that if you are still working you need to contact RMPP, or they will contact you about your final salary pension and they then contact Capita on your behalf. Ring RMPP and have a chat with them.

16 Jan 2020, 17:47

david3595 wrote:I believe as section c pension member that RMPP are dealing with part of my payment and Capita the RMSPS. It’s just the lack of “sympathy or understanding “ from either PSC or Capita. Various emails and phone calls to both and all I get is “ it’s in the post” or “we have raised this to a higher level of enquiry” but as I say if we are not due to receive a lump sum until the month ending of your birthday rather than on your birthday then I’m hopefully still on course for a lump sum payment albeit 27 days after my birthday, of course that’s being optimistic. If the options letter hasn’t arrived by Thursday I’m going to have to email yet again to Jon Lewis CEO at Capita. Will keep updating lol. To answer any AVC queries I note on my file copy on the email I received on 10th January that my AVC’s will be paid approximately 6 weeks after my lump sum.

As far as I am aware, your NRA 60 lump sum is due on your birthday and the rest of the regular payment at the end of that month.

16 Jan 2020, 17:51

ripples wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:I am 60 in March and haven't taken any of my pension yet so am due my NRA60 as a minimum....
This is my recent experience, like you I am section B I rang them in November because I knew I would be 60 in January '20 and had heard nothing. They said they had sent me paperwork out in July 19 with reference to my NRA60 options and since I had not received the paperwork they resent it signed for, this arrived through the door and I spent about three days going over everything before returning it. I had a letter last week then my PCLS was paid in on my birthday.. Now I am going to treat myself to a newer car :Very Happy

So how long did it take you to get your lump sum and pension from asking to receiving? This would help me with planning. I plan to leave on Dec 1st and want to organise things like a trip away and don't want to be forced to work on, because they haven't got their act together! Thanks in advance. At present I thing I will apply in July for Dec 1st 2020 for all my pensions.

17 Jan 2020, 04:21

stephen500 wrote:
ripples wrote:

So how long did it take you to get your lump sum and pension from asking to receiving? This would help me with planning. I plan to leave on Dec 1st and want to organise things like a trip away and don't want to be forced to work on, because they haven't got their act together! Thanks in advance. At present I thing I will apply in July for Dec 1st 2020 for all my pensions.

I returned my forms about the second week in November, I received a letter at the beginning of the new year acknowledging receipt and that my lump sum would be paid shortly after my birthday and the pension I believe is paid in arrears at the end of every month ( or quarter if you choose that method). So about 8 weeks i suppose. I didn't have any trouble with this process although previous to this since Capita took on RM pensions I found their response times to queries slow

17 Jan 2020, 04:28

david3595 wrote:No paper work arrived 6 days after Capita assured me they had posted it 1st class on 10th January. I have had to contact them today and asked for it to be sent again.

This doesn't surprise me.

17 Jan 2020, 09:56

ripples wrote:
stephen500 wrote:
ripples wrote:

I returned my forms about the second week in November, I received a letter at the beginning of the new year acknowledging receipt and that my lump sum would be paid shortly after my birthday and the pension I believe is paid in arrears at the end of every month ( or quarter if you choose that method). So about 8 weeks i suppose. I didn't have any trouble with this process although previous to this since Capita took on RM pensions I found their response times to queries slow

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure of the date Capital took on ALL the final salary pensions, but it was recently and I am not sure if after Novemeber. So you may just have missed being dealt with my them? I am hoping to get my lump sum on Dec 1st and the pensions at the end of that month. I have a feeling I will need to apply in July and am hoping it will be straightforward and certainly paid 5 months later in Dec. Once again, thanks for your reply.

17 Jan 2020, 13:39

From the LTB.

To Summarise, from Monday 11th November 2019:
Capita will administer all of the RMSPS pension benefits
Royal Mail PSC will continue to administer the RMPP pension benefits

Branches and members should therefore be aware that our members in the RMSPS will now need to contact Capita for all queries regarding their pension.

FWIW I am a dual member with benefits in both schemes and I was told we now had to contact Capita in the first instance. When I spoke with them the call handler who was obviously reading from a script promptly put the blame on the RM PSC not supplying them with the RMPP figures. When I spoke with the PSC they said they had sent their RMPP figures to Capita so the delay was down to them and they would send another email chasing them. This is a complete farce and is absolutely not acceptable.

17 Jan 2020, 18:00

It’s almost laughable but finally not 1 but 3 :shock: “retirement packs” arrived by 1st class post today. Each one with 3 different franking dates. Will fill the form in and post over the weekend , I had emailed Jon Lewis the CEO at Capita on 23rd December as RMPP advised me that Capita had not replied to an email they sent them on 27th November and it has taken a further 25 days for Jon Lewis to get his staff to send me a “retirement pack” or options letter as I prefer to call it.

17 Jan 2020, 18:40

david3595 wrote:It’s almost laughable but finally not 1 but 3 :shock: “retirement packs” arrived by 1st class post today. Each one with 3 different franking dates. Will fill the form in and post over the weekend , I had emailed Jon Lewis the CEO at Capita on 23rd December as RMPP advised me that Capita had not replied to an email they sent them on 27th November and it has taken a further 25 days for Jon Lewis to get his staff to send me a “retirement pack” or options letter as I prefer to call it.

all the best and please keep me, if you don't mind (and us) on how long the whole time frame is from applying to receipt. Many thanks.

18 Jan 2020, 17:56

OK I received a reply to my email dated 14th Jan to RMSPS (Capita) yesterday afternoon. It had my RMSPS NRA60 & 65 estimates attached. This email also said that this letter (pack) had also been sent out by 1st class post that same day. Needless to say it hasn't arrived today. I have yet to receive anything from the PSC for my RMPP NRA65 benefits along with the Annex B form. Having to deal with 2 different administrators of the schemes is certainly adding an extra layer of hassle to what should be a straightforward process. I will see this through to the end but I'm not confident my pension will be paid on my birthday as I am already about 2 months behind in the process. If it isn't paid on my birthday as I am entitled to then I will certainly be writing to the Trustees of RMPP as the transition to Capita certainly appears to have been far from seamless in mine and others experiences so far.

18 Jan 2020, 19:34

You should complain to the Cabinet Office too, as it was them who decided as a cost cutting measure, to give the RMSPS work to Capita.

I think an address has probably been included in one of the Capita threads a while ago.

18 Jan 2020, 23:36

Steve_claret wrote:OK I received a reply to my email dated 14th Jan to RMSPS (Capita) yesterday afternoon. It had my RMSPS NRA60 & 65 estimates attached. This email also said that this letter (pack) had also been sent out by 1st class post that same day. Needless to say it hasn't arrived today. I have yet to receive anything from the PSC for my RMPP NRA65 benefits along with the Annex B form. Having to deal with 2 different administrators of the schemes is certainly adding an extra layer of hassle to what should be a straightforward process. I will see this through to the end but I'm not confident my pension will be paid on my birthday as I am already about 2 months behind in the process. If it isn't paid on my birthday as I am entitled to then I will certainly be writing to the Trustees of RMPP as the transition to Capita certainly appears to have been far from seamless in mine and others experiences so far.

If our pensions are not paid to time as we request, are we entitled to interest payments and if need be can we instruct a solictor to contact Capita?

19 Jan 2020, 00:21

Steve_claret wrote:OK I received a reply to my email dated 14th Jan to RMSPS (Capita) yesterday afternoon. It had my RMSPS NRA60 & 65 estimates attached. This email also said that this letter (pack) had also been sent out by 1st class post that same day. Needless to say it hasn't arrived today. I have yet to receive anything from the PSC for my RMPP NRA65 benefits along with the Annex B form. Having to deal with 2 different administrators of the schemes is certainly adding an extra layer of hassle to what should be a straightforward process. I will see this through to the end but I'm not confident my pension will be paid on my birthday as I am already about 2 months behind in the process. If it isn't paid on my birthday as I am entitled to then I will certainly be writing to the Trustees of RMPP as the transition to Capita certainly appears to have been far from seamless in mine and others experiences so far.

A reply I received from Capita today (18/1/20).
If you would like this ladys phone number DM me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

20 Jan 2020, 16:37

Very useful. Thanks Stephen500. It is always nice to have direct names rather than the generic email addresses.

In my case it now turns out that our PSC started the ball rolling in November for my NRA60 pension which is due in March. This seems to be about the 17 weeks (or 4 months) timescale I have been advised of previously. The sticking point in the process is Capita who appear to have been sat on it and done nothing with their request to supply both them and myself with estimated RMSPS benefit amounts for 2 months. Turns out that the PSC will only release RMPP benefit amounts once they have received the RMSPS amounts from Capita.

21 Jan 2020, 18:28

Steve_claret wrote:Very useful. Thanks Stephen500. It is always nice to have direct names rather than the generic email addresses.

In my case it now turns out that our PSC started the ball rolling in November for my NRA60 pension which is due in March. This seems to be about the 17 weeks (or 4 months) timescale I have been advised of previously. The sticking point in the process is Capita who appear to have been sat on it and done nothing with their request to supply both them and myself with estimated RMSPS benefit amounts for 2 months. Turns out that the PSC will only release RMPP benefit amounts once they have received the RMSPS amounts from Capita.

Contact that lady and get her to apply pressure to her team. let me know how you get on, from an interested party!

22 Jan 2020, 13:05

I have received my RMPP pack from the PSC yesterday but still nothing in writing from Capita. I will email her tomorrow now.

22 Jan 2020, 18:01

Steve_claret wrote:I have received my RMPP pack from the PSC yesterday but still nothing in writing from Capita. I will email her tomorrow now.

These are her bosses as well.
Jonathan.Lewis@capita.com
Richard.Kirwan@capita.com
Copy those in as well.

24 Jan 2020, 18:37

NRA60 @55.
Received my RMPP DBCBS reduced lump sum today 24th January. No word yet from RMSPS with regards to my maximum 25% tax free lump sum, mind you I only got my options pack from Capita approximately 2 weeks after my birthday even though I started the process 4 calendar months before turning 55. I agree with previous comments that the delay is with Capita who seem to have taken from 27th November until 17th January to forward options pack to myself and that’s after I have emailed and phoned various times :roll:

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3