not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Labours £10.50 minimum wage and PSE

20 Nov 2019, 10:36

anini wrote:Its an economic myth that the Tories are good for business. Look at the growth rates under Labour and then under Tories post war.
The tories are for BIG business. Just go and ask the SME that were screwed over in the RBS Grg scandal or the Lloyd's countering signatures. Not one person went to jail. We have FPTP and it's either Tory or Labour. We work for RM. Our interest lies in having a strong union, Strong Union rights, secure employment. Why any member would cut off their nose to spite their face and vote Tory is beyond me. All I can say is the Rich have done a stellar job of making the working man vote against his own interest. They'll be laughing all the way to the bank at the numpties who voted for then and won't benefit. I seems the propaganda or the Media barons is paying dividends. The joke is on you.

Corbyn trying to revive failed economic Labour policies from the 1970's will not benefit the working class.
Coupled with his eagerness to support various freedom fighters(terrorists) who have murdered thousands of people shows he is unfit to govern.

20 Nov 2019, 17:23

]milly"]
anini wrote:Its an economic myth that the Tories are good for business. Look at the growth rates under Labour and then under Tories post war.

Corbyn trying to revive failed economic Labour policies from the 1970's will not benefit the working class.

To be fair, those policies weren't main-stream Labour even back in those days.
Maybe that's why there were Wilson and Callaghan governments, because their policies were seen as viable, sensible and fiscally responsible, and took into account the needs and aspirations of the Labour-voting electorate?

20 Nov 2019, 22:44

Tman wrote:
anini wrote:F*×+ let's ensure the Tories get reelected. We'll all have a rosie future. After all they really care about the working class and their concerns. They will ensure the working class get a decent wage, protect our NHS, increase pensions to the ripe young age of 75, go after tax d etc cetc)

It's not that the Tories are attractive in any shape or form, more that Corbyn is an electoral liability and has been for years. If you believe that Corbyn is any sort of solution to the problem that is the Tories then (just as with your desire for RM renationalisation) you're in for a rude awakening.

Well said.

Labours 10.50p minimum wage and PSE

21 Nov 2019, 17:22

It's one thing to set a minimum wage figure or harp on about post Brexit falls in worker protection but if a minimum wage figure is widely flouted and not enforced it isn't worth the paper it is printed on. Similar to the situation post 'Four Pillars' where there was an exponential increase in managerial B&H or the reporting of said incidents.

21 Nov 2019, 19:26

anini wrote:If RM was renationalized then they wouldn't have to pay out profits to shareholders. They'll just have to make a profit. The profit that was going to the shareholders can be halved between staff remuneration and investment in the company.
You are forgetting that we would be paying profit to a shareholder, the Government.

21 Nov 2019, 21:49

wallop wrote:
anini wrote:If RM was renationalized then they wouldn't have to pay out profits to shareholders. They'll just have to make a profit. The profit that was going to the shareholders can be halved between staff remuneration and investment in the company.
You are forgetting that we would be paying profit to a shareholder, the Government.

Tis what happened one time ago and we were happier for it!

21 Nov 2019, 23:14

The tories are for BIG business. Just go and ask the SME that were screwed over in the RBS Grg scandal or the Lloyd's countering signatures. Not one person went to jail. We have FPTP and it's either Tory or Labour. We work for RM. Our interest lies in having a strong union, Strong Union rights, secure employment. Why any member would cut off their nose to spite their face and vote Tory is beyond me. All I can say is the Rich have done a stellar job of making the working man vote against his own interest. They'll be laughing all the way to the bank at the numpties who voted for then and won't benefit. I seems the propaganda or the Media barons is paying dividends. The joke is on you.

Well said :Applause

25 Nov 2019, 17:04

Coupled with his eagerness to support various freedom fighters(terrorists) who have murdered thousands of people shows he is unfit to govern.[/quote]

as opposed to NATO military aggression independent of and outside of the remit of the UN; which is against international law and the geneva convention: abu ghraib and guantanamo bay, London cage in chelsea and kensington, rendition to middle east by US...In the words of former CIA agent Robert Baer: "If you want a serious interrogation, you send a prisoner to Jordan. If you want them to be tortured, you send them to Syria....ONE MAN'S 'TERRORIST' IS ANOTHER MAN'S FREEDOM FIGHTER...

examples = Nelson Mandela - Nobel peace prize, Ghandi and the associated International World peace award set up in his name...awarded in 2013 to: Jeremy Corbyn, for his "consistent efforts over a 30 year Parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence."

therefore, he would on the face of it seem fit enough to the many, many people whom do not believe all that they read and can judge a character based on their work...not the media image peddled by the right wing press in this 'democracy' of ours. Meanwhile Boris doesn't know how many kids he''s got and has 'form' for violent aggressive behaviour/conduct toward women...

aye. it all depends on which records you check but, I would, in my humble opinion, suggest here and now that you are talking (it's your opinion; after all) complete and utter piffle!

25 Nov 2019, 21:12

work wrote:Corbyn trying to revive failed economic Labour policies from the 1970's will not benefit the working class.
Coupled with his eagerness to support various freedom fighters(terrorists) who have murdered thousands of people shows he is unfit to govern.

as opposed to NATO military aggression independent of and outside of the remit of the UN; which is against international law and the geneva convention: abu ghraib and guantanamo bay, London cage in chelsea and kensington, rendition to middle east by US...In the words of former CIA agent Robert Baer: "If you want a serious interrogation, you send a prisoner to Jordan. If you want them to be tortured, you send them to Syria....ONE MAN'S 'TERRORIST' IS ANOTHER MAN'S FREEDOM FIGHTER...

examples = Nelson Mandela - Nobel peace prize, Ghandi and the associated International World peace award set up in his name...awarded in 2013 to: Jeremy Corbyn, for his "consistent efforts over a 30 year Parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence."

therefore, he would on the face of it seem fit enough to the many, many people whom do not believe all that they read and can judge a character based on their work...not the media image peddled by the right wing press in this 'democracy' of ours. Meanwhile Boris doesn't know how many kids he''s got and has 'form' for violent aggressive behaviour/conduct toward women...

aye. it all depends on which records you check but, I would, in my humble opinion, suggest here and now that you are talking (it's your opinion; after all) complete and utter piffle![/quote]
A lot of the benefit scroungers hard working Brits pay for don't know how many kids they've got, and they're the sort of people jezza wants to give more handouts to. Not with my bloody money, i work hard for my money and look after it well, investing for an early retirement. I don't want my wealth evenly distributed by your millionaire leader of the Labour party, thanks very much. I would like to know if he's gonna give us rmg shareholders a fair price or bellow mkt value. He did say he thought it was sold on the cheap at £3.60, so will be interested to know how much he's gonna sell us down the river for now.

26 Nov 2019, 10:42

[quote="work"

therefore, he would on the face of it seem fit enough to the many, many people whom do not believe all that they read etc etc

Corbyn never won the Nobel peace prize, but he did win two awards, the Sean Macbride award and the Ghandian thing, neither of which were publicised in the UK media, not because of any "Right Wing plot" to keep the good news quiet, but more because his wins were promoted by RTV (Russian) and PressTV (Iranian) and Irish republican media outlets, and therefore deeply suspect.
Notice how he doesn't proclaim loud and long about winning them during an election campaign? The Old Fool's not that daft.. :wink:

26 Nov 2019, 10:54

This thread is getting off the subject. Labour have promised to raise the LW to £10. The Tories have promised to raise it to £10.50 but haven't given a date. Our PSE benefits will be affected with both outcomes.
PSE is a tax avoidance scheme used by big companies to reduce their tax bill that's the reason we were offered it after privatization and we were in the FTSE100. I want the same benefits for everyone. It's unfair for an employee of one company to gain a pension tax advantage than others who don't have the same option.

26 Nov 2019, 11:32

anini wrote:This thread is getting off the subject. Labour have promised to raise the LW to £10. The Tories have promised to raise it to £10.50 but haven't given a date. Our PSE benefits will be affected with both outcomes.
PSE is a tax avoidance scheme used by big companies to reduce their tax bill that's the reason we were offered it after privatization and we were in the FTSE100. I want the same benefits for everyone. It's unfair for an employee of one company to gain a pension tax advantage than others who don't have the same option.

Salary sacrifice is widely used by many companies in the UK.
Some people use it to buy Cars and Bicycles and sensible people use it to make provision for their retirement.
I will certainly have a far better Pension than someone who uses the Sacrifice scheme to buy a new Car,is that fair?.

26 Nov 2019, 14:49

Salary Sacrifice(PSE) was introduced by RM in August 2015 mainly as a way to counteract the increase in NIC's for both employer and employees, caused by the abolition of contracting out of the state second pension, which happened in April 2016.

Members of the RMPP now pay NIC's at the rate of 12% when it used to be 10.6%, while RM's NIC's have gone up from 10.4% to 13.8%. Utilising salary sacrifice helps to cut those increased rates.

*Members of the RMDCP have never been contracted out.

Salary sacrifice has been around for about 20 years and is used by many companies, big and small, to reduce their National Insurance liability. It's up the individual company whether they want to introduce it or not.

26 Nov 2019, 15:54

My basic point is it's a tax saving scheme if your company takes part in it. If you company doesn't take part then you can't receive the same benefits which is unfair. It should be either open to everyone or no-one.

26 Nov 2019, 18:25

anini wrote:My basic point is it's a tax saving scheme if your company takes part in it. If you company doesn't take part then you can't receive the same benefits which is unfair. It should be either open to everyone or no-one.

As far I am aware it is open to any employer.
Is it fair that supermarket workers get discount on their shopping?
Many employers offer their workers various perks,good luck to them I say.
By the way life isn't fair. :Boo hoo!

08 Dec 2019, 08:03

Jeremy Corbyn has said that he wants to renationalise Royal Mail because it is a natural monopoly. He's completely wrong. It used to be a monopoly but not anymore now we're a parcels business. Under a Labour government our shares would be bought back but no guarantee what price. The shareholders dividends would stop but of course the nationalisation has to be cost neutral so we would be paying millions every year voa the external financing limit. It would be a disaster for the company starved of investment and on a downward spiral. For a natural monopoly such as the Railways nationalisation may be better but not for RM.

08 Dec 2019, 11:14

True, and while there's a moral dimension to the argument for renationalising the utilities, railways and the National Grid, there's isn't anything other than 1970s-era dogma about renationalising RM. Just another courier among many.
Still, the naivety of some who believe that 1) RM will ever be renationalised, and 2) if it was, the "good old days" would return, is always good for a wry smile. :whistle

08 Dec 2019, 13:48

Tman wrote:True, and while there's a moral dimension to the argument for renationalising the utilities, railways and the National Grid, there's isn't anything other than 1970s-era dogma about renationalising RM. Just another courier among many.
Still, the naivety of some who believe that 1) RM will ever be renationalised, and 2) if it was, the "good old days" would return, is always good for a wry smile. :whistle

Good post. I also believe the return to the good old days wont happen. It's gone, get over it. Sadly it is what it is. I think the CWU now has to focus on retaining as many jobs as possible. Making sure that jobs lost are voluntary and that a decent pay off is achieved for those leaving. I think the retention of a Saturday delivery of letters was the biggest mistake made. When the 5 day working came in it should have been reduced to parcels and specials only, with prep of walks ready for the next delivery. I'm on a late shift now. A walk followed by collections. Some of the companies are sending nothing out, more than once a week, preferring to email clients instead.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2