not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal mail unfair cdc pension scheme

06 Nov 2019, 01:08

Remind me never to go to John Ralfe Consulting for financial advice.
At best, utter codswallop.
Royal Mail have made great play of the fact that there would be no financial buffer built up. Any financial shortfall would be dealt with there and then. Which I hasten to add would not be to Royal Mail’s expense either. It would come from accruing members 80ths and retired members pensions. Conversely any surplus would be distributed there and then.
As I have stated on other threads I am not enamoured of CDC pensions. They bring all of the restrictions of DB pensions with none of the benefits.

Royal mail unfair cdc pension scheme

06 Nov 2019, 21:54

renrag40 wrote:Remind me never to go to John Ralfe Consulting for financial advice.
At best, utter codswallop.
Royal Mail have made great play of the fact that there would be no financial buffer built up. Any financial shortfall would be dealt with there and then. Which I hasten to add would not be to Royal Mail’s expense either. It would come from accruing members 80ths and retired members pensions. Conversely any surplus would be distributed there and then.
As I have stated on other threads I am not enamoured of CDC pensions. They bring all of the restrictions of DB pensions with none of the benefits.

I agree. I'm not as savvy as RobertT, but I do understand enough. This scheme is s**t. Our union rep thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. Then again, he admits he knows next the nothing about pensions. :arrrghhh :shock:

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2