not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pension estimate

05 Feb 2019, 17:33

I got a provisional estimate of my pension. I am thinking of taking it early. How accurate is this estimate?

Pension estimate

05 Feb 2019, 20:20

zz666 wrote:I got a provisional estimate of my pension. I am thinking of taking it early. How accurate is this estimate?

I got my estimate 3 months before my 55th birthday, payment date was 1 month after my birthday. I'd say its fairly accurate and, in fact, will increase a bit as you are still presumably paying in.

Pension estimate

05 Feb 2019, 20:29

I know of 3 people whose pension was pretty spot on to their estimates. I’ve just had my options paperwork through but not received any payment yet - I’ll post on here how much difference there is, if any.

Last edited by Farouk7475 on 05 Feb 2019, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

Pension estimate

05 Feb 2019, 20:36

ihatedogs wrote:
zz666 wrote:I got a provisional estimate of my pension. I am thinking of taking it early. How accurate is this estimate?

I got my estimate 3 months before my 55th birthday, payment date was 1 month after my birthday. I'd say its fairly accurate and, in fact, will increase a bit as you are still presumably paying in.

Hi Ihatedogs
I note that you’ve said your payment date was one month after your birthday - was this because of a problem? I thought that you are supposed to receive your first pension payment on the last day of the month of your birthday? Also, hope you don’t mind me asking, but did you opt for a lump sum and if so, did you get it on or close to your birthday? I’m asking because I’ve sent in my options forms yesterday and hoping to get it all sorted this month so wondered when I’m likely to receive any lump sum and pension payments.

Pension estimate

06 Feb 2019, 11:23

My lump sum way paid out on my birthday. I think - from reading comments on here. Things have spiralled downwards since capita took over payments. I claimed my pension last April. I applied February. It was all done March. I think things are a little different now...

Pension estimate

06 Feb 2019, 16:46

Farouk7475 wrote:
ihatedogs wrote:

Hi, no that was simply down to me. When you send in the acceptance form they still need some time to process it all. If I remember correctly I didn't send in my forms till the week before my birthday and just allowed the process to go at its own pace. Hope that helps.

Hi Ihatedogs
I note that you’ve said your payment date was one month after your birthday - was this because of a problem? I thought that you are supposed to receive your first pension payment on the last day of the month of your birthday? Also, hope you don’t mind me asking, but did you opt for a lump sum and if so, did you get it on or close to your birthday? I’m asking because I’ve sent in my options forms yesterday and hoping to get it all sorted this month so wondered when I’m likely to receive any lump sum and pension payments.

Pension estimate

06 Feb 2019, 16:46

Sorry, quoted wrong there.

Pension estimate

06 Feb 2019, 21:30

You have to apply for the estimate.

Pension estimate

06 Feb 2019, 21:39

grchpo wrote:Do you have to apply for an estimate, I am 55 & not received anything

Think you can apply 6 weeks before your 55th birthday

Pension estimate

07 Feb 2019, 13:54

No you can't apply at 50. 54 years and 10 months is about right.

Pension estimate

09 Feb 2019, 16:36

grchpo wrote:Also do pension service contact you automatically when you're due NRA 60 and give you options

They should contact you 3-4 months before your 60th birthday. If not, get in touch with them.

There's lots of info on when you can take you pension on the plan website.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1