not on facebook

US resident UK Bank

18 Dec 2018, 16:16

I'm about to start receiving a pension and am wondering if anyone has experience of receiving their pension as a resident in the USA but having it paid into a UK Bank.
I don't have an account any more and it looks like maybe I'd not be able to open a UK bank account without being resident in the UK ... Q: unless anyone knows better?
I know it can be paid directly into a US Bank ...I'm just trying to find out my options.

US resident UK Bank

19 Dec 2018, 10:35

Might be difficult as UK banks are reluctant to take US citizens because of the FATCA regulations, your best course of action is to speak to an IRS/UK tax accountant who can advise.

There is plenty of UK/US resident forums you can ask as well.

We do have quite a few US citizens/dual citizens living in the UK with experience of your situation.

US resident UK Bank

21 Dec 2018, 12:04

You can open up a credit UNION bank account easier than a UK bank account. Also a building society bank account offers all the normal services of a mainstream bank account these days. The post office runs a bank account, run by the bank of Ireland and this is for pensions and benefits.

US resident UK Bank

21 Dec 2018, 13:08

If you have dual citizenship? Next time you are over here. Open an account. Mate in USA is having same problem. No UK account. So next time he is over, it's on his to-do list.

US resident UK Bank

28 Dec 2018, 09:44

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1