not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Sorry another Ill Health Retirement query....

05 Nov 2018, 14:04

Long story short, my partner has been on long term sick since August 2017 due to spinal surgery (unsuccessful), it is looking likely that IHR will need to be taken. We seem to be getting nowhere fast, he had asked for a review of jobs that he may be able to do but apparently nothing available, though we haven't seen evidence that this was checked.

I have looked through the forum and notice a lot of folk mention the 34 weeks pay for ill health retirement but having a look through recent information from CWU on 1st April 2018, I seen this:

What are the ill health benefits in the new scheme?

• In the new CDC Scheme members will receive 50% of basic pay (less
Employment and Support Allowance) for up to 3 years plus a lump sum payment
at the end of 3 years.
• Pre-2018 benefits built up in the current schemes will be paid from the date of
leaving without reduction.

Can anyone of you kind folk confirm if the above has come into practice yet?

Many thanks for any help or advice.

05 Nov 2018, 15:57

The same question was asked only a few days ago on this thread.

I think you only get the benefits you describe if you're being given 'IHR with pension', which basically means that your partner is deemed to be incapable of any kind of work.

If your partner is no longer able to work for RM because of there health, then it's 'IHR with lump sum' and 34 weeks pay plus PILON.

The CDC pension scheme has not been implemented yet, so the death in service and ill health benefits come under the current Defined Benefit Cash Balance Scheme(DBCBS) or the Royal Mail Defined Contribution Plan(RMDCP), depending on which scheme your partner is a member of.

05 Nov 2018, 16:00

RobertT wrote:The same question was asked only a few days ago on this thread.

I think you only get the benefits you describe if you're being given 'IHR with pension', which basically means that your partner is deemed to be incapable of any kind of work.

If your partner is no longer able to work for RM because of there health, then it's 'IHR with lump sum' and 34 weeks pay plus PILON.

The CDC pension scheme has not been implemented yet, so the death in service and ill health benefits come under the current Defined Benefit Cash Balance Scheme(DBCBS) or the Royal Mail Defined Contribution Plan(RMDCP), depending on which scheme your partner is a member of.

What do you get if you’re not in the pension scheme?

05 Nov 2018, 16:55

geordieboy123 wrote:What do you get if you’re not in the pension scheme?

Just the 34 weeks pay & PILON for IHR as far as I know.

I think it might be 2x pay for death in service, but I'm not too sure about that.

05 Nov 2018, 20:42

Does the 34 weeks include delivery supplement?

06 Nov 2018, 18:17

hello, I'm 61 and look like been given IHR ,been taken my pension for a while,so how is my payout worked out thanks P.S not paying into any pension now.

06 Nov 2018, 18:20

stodgy88 wrote:hello, I'm 61 and look like been given IHR ,been taken my pension for a while,so how is my payout worked out thanks P.S not paying into any pension now.

As above as far as I know.

34 weeks pay plus PILON.

06 Nov 2018, 18:46

Thanks

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1