not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Pension with terminal cancer??

01 Oct 2018, 16:10

Hi all,
I have just over 17 years service as a postie, am 48 years young and just in the process of ihr with pension !!!
To cut a long story short I was diagnosed with incurable cardiac angiosarcoma ‘cancer’ back in October 17, had major heart surgery, chemo and radiotherapy leaving me unable to work. My oncologist has confirmed that my cancer is terminal with less than a year.
I’m in the RMPP, does RM offer a bigger lump sum or my whole pension pot based on my prognosis as I have been offered a bigger lump sum from a pension from an old employer?

Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.......Thanks.

01 Oct 2018, 16:40

I've never heard of RM offering a bigger lump sum in your circumstances, but in this situation I think getting in touch with the trustees and asking them the question, could be the way to go.

Their contact details are on the RMPP website.

If you have a DC pension, you might be able to take all of your accumulated pot if you have a terminal condition.

03 Oct 2018, 17:06

RobertT wrote:I've never heard of RM offering a bigger lump sum in your circumstances, but in this situation I think getting in touch with the trustees and asking them the question, could be the way to go.

Their contact details are on the RMPP website.

If you have a DC pension, you might be able to take all of your accumulated pot if you have a terminal condition.

Thanks RobertT,
I think I will do just that, got nothing to lose.....

06 Oct 2018, 16:28

and we all moan over f@@@@@ lapsing sorry to hear about your illness jsa :sad: :silenced

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1